Disney Magic Kingdoms

I wish it would be sooner. I have 6 gold chests and 3 platinum chests just waiting to be used for Frozen

I wish it would be sooner. I have 6 gold chests and 3 platinum chests just waiting to be used for Frozen
It might start a few days earlier. If it's like the NBC event, then we'll be able to get Mickey's costume a few days before we can welcome Anna. Which would be nice as I can work on the costumes and keep my gold and platinum chests until I get all of the fabric

Curious, another special event is great, but have we seen the last of any real expansion? No Adventureland or Frontierland?
Certainly feels like it. The main story hasn't really advanced since we got MG (Pirates feels incomplete) and now this is 2 timed events in a row.
I honestly can't see them adding new lands for at least a year or so at this point. They've already given us attractions that belong in other lands (Pirates, Tower of Terror, and the Haunted Mansion. Since this game board is for Disneyland and not Walt Disney World, they can't add in Carousel of Progress for Tomorrowland. If I remember correctly, there are at least six areas still to be cleared If they do one every two months, that carries their lazy behinds through to next year at this point. I firmly believe they are hoping that this game goes off-line within that time so that they don't have to open up new lands beyond the current game board. I knew we were in trouble after defeating Mother Gothel and getting that nonsense that the portal curse was reinforced. All this nonsense about "game optimization before we expand" is just that... nonsense. I don't think they expected people to progress as quickly as we have and it took them by surprise. I accidentally clicked on the achievement ribbon the other day (honest... why is that even there??) and saw that the final achievement is at level 50 for the time being. I'm at 41 right now and it's taking longer and longer to fill the stars. I can't see myself getting to 50 any time soon.

I have a stupid question. I'm currently playing on my Samsung phone but I'm trading in for an iphone, am I going to have to start all over with my game? I'm trying not to think about all the money I have spent on this game just to have to start all over :headache:
I can't answer this for sure, but make sure that your game is linked to your Facebook account before you trade in the Samsung, as that will likely be your only chance to recover your progress on the iPhone.
I hope so. I'm also playing the Disney version of Crossy Road and when I started it up on my new phone, I lost ALL of my coins. When I contacted the maker, they said that they couldn't move over the coins, just the characters. Odd, but whatever.

@PhilharmagicPrincess Did a nice job explaining it. Optimization for this game has a lot to do with the lines of programming code for everything. Each building is a code, where it is placed, is a code. Each individual guest is a code, the character tasks are a code. Think about how many characters there currently are, now think of how many tasks they have. Your phone is processing the code to display the graphics. It is running through lots of "If this, Then that" type of calculations. The more lands they create, the bigger the map, the more things people can place. All of those calculations take processing power. They want to be sure that the game will continue to run smoothly enough for all players. Imagine being on an older phone and how much slower it would be. Now imagine if they don't optimize even now and they expand further, it slows everything down. So they are sacrificing content in order to keep users happy with game play
And yet I read far fewer complains on these boards about a need for optimization. Users seem far more content with current game play than they are with the the need/desire for new lands and areas. Seems like an excuse at this point, rather than an explanation.

I have a stupid question. I'm currently playing on my Samsung phone but I'm trading in for an iphone, am I going to have to start all over with my game? I'm trying not to think about all the money I have spent on this game just to have to start all over :headache:
I play on my Samsung phone and my tablet. I signed in to the Google Play Cloud and it saved my game so I can switch between devices. The only problem I've had is sometimes I lose a few brooms, ravens, etc. when I switch between devices. Hope this helps

Me too. I have 2 platinum and 4 golds that I am dying to open. I don't have TOT or Splash Mountain yet, but I'm saving them for something Frozen....just not any banners PLEASE!!!

I can go along with the gaming optimization but I can also see them not wanting to open land because of all of the concession farms that are out there.

I the developers have a beef with concession farms, they can easily fix it by limiting us to one of each stand. I don't think they care how we set up our parks.

I the developers have a beef with concession farms, they can easily fix it by limiting us to one of each stand. I don't think they care how we set up our parks.
Oh wonderful. So now instead of getting the occasional Apprentice Stand from my unending Bronze chests, I'll keep getting more magic. Either way, I don't need it. Still don't understand the awful 'prizes' contained in platinum and gold chests. 12-24 hours to get a banner, bench or elk topiary is ridiculous.

Oh wonderful. So now instead of getting the occasional Apprentice Stand from my unending Bronze chests, I'll keep getting more magic. Either way, I don't need it. Still don't understand the awful 'prizes' contained in platinum and gold chests. 12-24 hours to get a banner, bench or elk topiary is ridiculous.
Or a character token that takes 1-4 hour to normally get.---Looking at you Nightmare Before Christmas!

Random question that I haven't been able to figure out. when you have ecstatic happiness you get +__ rewards listed. But when I collect first thing in the morning my park's happiness meter has always declined out of the ecstatic level... so does that mean when I collect I won't get the +___? or is it just when you're assigning the quests that counts?
What I did was if it was under100% don't click to collect but grant wishes to bring it back over the 100% then collect

I can't answer this for sure, but make sure that your game is linked to your Facebook account before you trade in the Samsung, as that will likely be your only chance to recover your progress on the iPhone.

@minniesBFF I just happened to be on the game's Facebook this morning hoping for an update and I saw this comment & reply from the developers:
https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMagicKingdoms/photos/a.625533104279824.1073741828.545267055639763/761879060645227/?type=3&comment_id=762356017264198&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

The person asked "Hi , Disney Magic Kingdoms, is there a way that I can move my account from a Windows phone to a Android phone?" and they replied with "Hi, progress transfer is possible only between Windows pc-Windows mobile and Android-iOS"

So, it seems that if you're on a Samsung phone running Andriod, that you can have your progress trasfered to iOS!! I'd say just send a ticket in to the "Customer Care" section of the help screen and they can transfer it for you. I also like @Pheran comment - make sure you also connect to facebook before you turn in your old phone. Good luck!

They didn't list Welcome Oogie Boogie and I'm pretty sure they didn't list Welcome Syndrome for their events. They definitely showed Hans as a player
Right. I think that as long as you defeat the villain, you can welcome them any time after that. Their tokens won't disappear once the event is over. So it's a matter of reaching the end of the story line, which doesn't involve welcoming them. Remember that certain villains weren't available to be welcomed until well after they were defeated. Pete and especially Zurg, for example.

I had to link my game with my Facebook account and then I was able to play between my Android phone and my iPad. Just note that there is some delay/lag between playing with multiple devices. In other words, if you play on your iPad, close the game and then immediately open it on the Android device, it might revert to a slightly older save of the game. Nothing drastic, but I did notice that sometimes it went back to the status from a few days to a few hours earlier. I couldn't figure out how to force/trigger a save, but it's something to keep in mind if you're in the middle of a long task.

What I did was if it was under100% don't click to collect but grant wishes to bring it back over the 100% then collect

Now that I found out you don't have to click on the smiley faces right away, I usually grant as many wishes as possible before I go to bed and leave the smiley faces floating around the park so when I wake up I can click on all of them to bring my happiness up before clicking on anyone's completed tasks.

I had to link my game with my Facebook account and then I was able to play between my Android phone and my iPad. Just note that there is some delay/lag between playing with multiple devices. In other words, if you play on your iPad, close the game and then immediately open it on the Android device, it might revert to a slightly older save of the game. Nothing drastic, but I did notice that sometimes it went back to the status from a few days to a few hours earlier. I couldn't figure out how to force/trigger a save, but it's something to keep in mind if you're in the middle of a long task.
One method of saving up to your current status is to completely close out of the game (i.e. "force close" it, for example on Apple devices by double-clicking the home button and swiping the app to completely close it), restart the game so that it then goes through the full loading process, and then completely close out of the app once again. Your progress should then be saved up to that moment (of re-opening the game), and you can switch to the other device and select the option to the data that has been backed up on the other device.

Well, at least we have a date now. They put something up on FB that says Frozen will start in 2 days! :)

Wow, the event is longer than I thought, I was off by 2 days at both ends. There are some other very positive changes:

Removed Banner Lamppost from Platinum Chests, and Fun Fire Hydrant from Bronze Chests

Thank goodness.

“Have a Royal Greeting” – Cinderella :Added Dash Trophy

Yes! The only way I can get these now is from chests.

“Run Around” – Dash: Duration increased from 8 minutes to 1 hour

Oh thank god. I hate Dash with a passion right now, because this is the longest quest he can do.

I'm trying to fill up my Pete ears so they can no longer muck up my gold and platinum chests, but my characters have been utterly failing to get any for 2 days now. I've lost count of how many quests I failed, and yes my kingdom is ecstatic. Also have to fill up the Roz glasses, but those are easier to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter