Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we can't use ebay gc to buy gc anymore, DH and I have decided to start redeeming our swagbucks for paypal deposits instead of ebay gc. However, we just realized this morning his account on SB is not under the same email as his PP account. They will only make a deposit into the PP account under the same email address as your SB account. I'm going to try to go back and search through this thread when I have a little more time later, but I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer some advice. Does this mean we will have to create a new PP account for him using this other email address? If so, is having multiple accounts a problem. I know multiple PP accounts has been discussed here. I was hoping there would just be a way to add the other email address to his PP account instead of creating a whole new one. Can you tell I really don't use my PP account very much?? LOL.

Honestly IMHO I wouldn't wait a second longer than I had to if I were you...this exit method is bound to be noticed and shut down VERY quickly.....just a thought....
I mean, what are they going to do? Not let people use Ebay cards on Ebay stores? Only do returns back on the Ebay cards? Both seem really complicated and counterproductive to profits. Who is going to buy ebay cards if they start limiting redeemtion options?

I mean, what are they going to do? Not let people use Ebay cards on Ebay stores? Only do returns back on the Ebay cards? Both seem really complicated and counterproductive to profits. Who is going to buy ebay cards if they start limiting redeemtion options?
Yes,I believe the terms will change on returns thru the ebay stores if this happens enough times,and I believe the threshold is pretty low for it. Just one opinion here of course.

I have read within this tread that this is not the first time Target has band buying a GC with a GC then subsequently changed their minds.

Previously, how long was it between stopping to accept to going back and accepting buying a GC with a GC ? Why would they revert back and accept again?

I have read within this tread that this is not the first time Target has band buying a GC with a GC then subsequently changed their minds.

Previously, how long was it between stopping to accept to going back and accepting buying a GC with a GC ? Why would they revert back and accept again?
IIRC it was a couple days to a week? The change back was probably a system/security update to Target.com. I remember the website changing when it happened last.

As a lot of changes has happened within the past couple of weeks, if not days... I wouldn't expect Target.com to start accepting it again.

Yes,I believe the terms will change on returns thru the ebay stores if this happens enough times,and I believe the threshold is pretty low for it. Just one opinion here of course.

I totally agree that BB and Target will shut down the ability to do exchanges/returns. That's why I didn't wait around for a promo or anything. I bought my stuff on BB and exchanged it the same day the new restriction on eBay GCs were put in place. If there is anything I've learned through this process is that it is fluid and ever changing. The can and most likely will shut the returns/exchanges down.

It was never official policy before, but merely the web interface not allowing it or orders being cancelled. Since then, Target .com has changed the wording on their website to explicitly state you cannot use a Target GC to purchase another gift card.

Since we can't use ebay gc to buy gc anymore, DH and I have decided to start redeeming our swagbucks for paypal deposits instead of ebay gc. However, we just realized this morning his account on SB is not under the same email as his PP account. They will only make a deposit into the PP account under the same email address as your SB account. I'm going to try to go back and search through this thread when I have a little more time later, but I was wondering if anyone might be able to offer some advice. Does this mean we will have to create a new PP account for him using this other email address? If so, is having multiple accounts a problem. I know multiple PP accounts has been discussed here. I was hoping there would just be a way to add the other email address to his PP account instead of creating a whole new one. Can you tell I really don't use my PP account very much?? LOL.

Can you change his swagbucks email to his paypal email? That's probably the easiest thing to do.

If I recall correctly, you can add a second email to your paypal account. I had the same issue and I'm pretty sure that's what I did.

You can also add his SB email to his PP account.

Please note that name and address have to match exactly as well. I had a slight variation in my first name and SB wouldn't send $ until I changed it.

Thanks for all the responses regarding the SB account. I'll look into adding his SB email to his PP account. I was really hoping that would be possible. He uses a secondary email address for SB just to keep things separate. The main email on his PP is more of his regular everyday use email.

Looking to sell a LLBean Merchandise return gift card for cash...Giftcardgranny shows SaveYa is highest...has anyone here sold an unwanted gc on SaveYa? Looks like I have to serve a 60 day probationary period before I can get paid in PayPal, so I'd have to get a check sent to me....and they want my CC info, in case my card become a "bum" and they need to charge the money back from me. Don't mind the check part, but the CC info makes me a bit leery...

Luckily I only have just over $200 left in Ebay gift cards (cashed out earlier this month for our trip in Oct.) Looking at my purchase history for the last 60 days, my total is $950 (all GCs). However, when I try to apply a gift card to my cart today, it says it cannot be applied to my items. I'm not buying gift cards on this order. Anyone have that issue?

Well, I spent the 230.00 ebay gift cards I had left at the best buy store buying a new router my husband wanted since ours is not cutting it at the house. I still have a 32.00 one on his account I will have to spend after his account opens back up to using gift cards (over 2k limit). Other than that, I'm out...

It really was fun while it lasted. I got into it around August of last year when I was trying to figure out how to pay for a trip my brother's family wanted to go on that we couldn't afford. Thanks to the target / ebay churning, I saved over 2k on the trip...those were the days.

Looking to sell a LLBean Merchandise return gift card for cash...Giftcardgranny shows SaveYa is highest...has anyone here sold an unwanted gc on SaveYa? Looks like I have to serve a 60 day probationary period before I can get paid in PayPal, so I'd have to get a check sent to me....and they want my CC info, in case my card become a "bum" and they need to charge the money back from me. Don't mind the check part, but the CC info makes me a bit leery...
Be careful with SaveYa. There are reviews online of them charging your credit card even if the card was good. I've never used them, but researched them awhile back and decided not to risk it.

Be careful with SaveYa. There are reviews online of them charging your credit card even if the card was good. I've never used them, but researched them awhile back and decided not to risk it.
May I ask if you have used any other source to sell an unwanted GC?

May I ask if you have used any other source to sell an unwanted GC?
I never did end up selling my gift cards. They were Walgreen's cards that I was having trouble converting at my local store, but I ended up finding another store that converted them to Disney with no problems, so I didn't have to go the resale route. Hope it works out for you. :-)

Before I did my BB exchange for Disney GC's, I did some online research about Paypal returns at BB. There were many complaints from customers because it took 30 days for the return to hit their PP account. So, when I went in to do the exchange, the guy first asked if I just wanted to return it and I explained the issue with returns to PP. He said no problem with the exchange then. Plus, I would think the BB store would rather have an exchange on their books than a return. Of course, if people start abusing this method then they could put more restrictions on it. This was a one time thing for me just get from ebay to Disney GC. I'm DONE with churning!

Oh, and I think they ask for your phone number for the BB rewards program. They ask for ID when picking up the item you ordered. Target does the same thing if you order online for store pickup.

Not gift card related, but I need advice. I put in an order at Kohl’s earlier this week. I went through Ebates since they were offering 6% back. I didn’t receive a notice from Ebates about my cash back. I had assumed it was because not all my items had shipped. Well, last night I got the email that the last of my items shipped and I still hadn’t received anything from Ebates. Not too long ago I received a notification from Swagbucks that I had pending sb from a purchase at another store that were about to pay out. I logged in to look at my history and noticed they were paying me for my Kohl’s purchase. I’m not really sure how that happened. I made the purchase on my work computer which doesn’t have the swagbutton installed and I know I went through Ebates because of the 6%. I’m tempted to put in a ticket with Ebates, but I don’t know how that would work since Swagbucks is giving me the credit (they’re only paying at 3%). Does anyone have experience with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter