Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is certainly not the news I was expecting to read when I came over to see if there was an ebucks promo today. These last few months have surely closed way more doors than I ever thought possible in such a short amount of time. I went into this knowing full well it could all end at any moment. I'm just surprised that so many options dried up in such a short amount of time.

I currently have only $62.17 left in Ebay cards and $100 on a Walgreen's card. Trying to decide what I should buy with the Walgreen's card since I'm not actually cashing out for Disney right now (paying off a Carnival cruise with churning at the moment using Ebay and Walgreen's then eventually getting Carnival cards from Ebay). My only ray of sunshine right now is the fact that all of my funds are currently coming from swagbucks, so I suppose I could switch from redeeming for Ebay cards to redeeming for paypal instead. This should still allow me to at least purchase my Carnival cards on Ebay with the paypal funds. Not sure how I'll move forward once the cruise is paid off and I'm starting to gear up for another Disney trip. Glad I have some time to think about it.

I just wanted to let you know something I found out about Carnival cards if this is helpful to you. AARP has a rewards program that anyone can sign up for (you don't have to be a certain age to participate in the rewards program). From there, you can do various activities (so far I've taken short surveys and they send a promo code a couple of times a week) to earn points. You can then redeem those points for 10% off of a bunch of gift cards and Carnival is one of them.

So, if you are someone who is paying for your Carnival gift cards on ebay, this is another option to get 10% off of your cards. They usually have $100 and $500 cards available.

For anyone else, they also have a lot of other gift cards, but nothing that I've ever been able to use in the churning game. But, now that that is coming to an end, this is an easy way to get a flat 10% off cards.

Like mhartman said, I came here this morning looking to see if there was an ebay promotion, and come to find out we got an ebay DEmotion. :(
In reading lots of posts about Paypal cards, I am wondering if there is one last way to churn that way. I'm thinking that if you purchased gcs via paypal, along with other items, we might still be able to shop on ebay, and churn through a back door.

Where can you get Paypal gcs besides mypoints/swagbucks/etc.?

I'm sitting on mostly Walgreens gc, with some BB and GS thrown in, so my guardian angel was watching over me. I'm not ready to cash out yet, but I am happy that I am not stuck with some totally useless cards.

I just wanted to let you know something I found out about Carnival cards if this is helpful to you. AARP has a rewards program that anyone can sign up for (you don't have to be a certain age to participate in the rewards program). From there, you can do various activities (so far I've taken short surveys and they send a promo code a couple of times a week) to earn points. You can then redeem those points for 10% off of a bunch of gift cards and Carnival is one of them.

So, if you are someone who is paying for your Carnival gift cards on ebay, this is another option to get 10% off of your cards. They usually have $100 and $500 cards available.

For anyone else, they also have a lot of other gift cards, but nothing that I've ever been able to use in the churning game. But, now that that is coming to an end, this is an easy way to get a flat 10% off cards.

Thanks for this info. I'll definitely look into it. I am actually amazed by how much I've saved on this trip already using churning and swagbucks. This could definitely help now that I won't be able to use ebay cards to buy the carnival cards. I started saving for this cruise on 02/13/16. Here are my stats so far:

$297.99 - Cash invested
$1,253.17 - Total value of gift cards and pending ebucks
$955.18 - Savings
We have about $1,160.00 still due on the cruise. Final payment is in May, so I've got plenty of time to earn the rest. My plan is to invest no more cash and just rely on swagbucks and ebucks for my carnival cards. I will be over the moon if we get to go on a $2500 cruise for only $300!!! My family thinks I'm crazy. LOL. I know all the changes will make this a bit harder since we aren't earning near the return we were before, but there are still several avenues to be used with smaller earning potential.

Like mhartman said, I came here this morning looking to see if there was an ebay promotion, and come to find out we got an ebay DEmotion. :(
In reading lots of posts about Paypal cards, I am wondering if there is one last way to churn that way. I'm thinking that if you purchased gcs via paypal, along with other items, we might still be able to shop on ebay, and churn through a back door.

Where can you get Paypal gcs besides mypoints/swagbucks/etc.?

I'm sitting on mostly Walgreens gc, with some BB and GS thrown in, so my guardian angel was watching over me. I'm not ready to cash out yet, but I am happy that I am not stuck with some totally useless cards.

Yes, definitely a DEmotion!!! I'm curious if anyone has been able to get Paypal cards using a Walgreen's card. Would be one way to convert Walgreen's for those who may still have them, and still be able to use those funds on Ebay.

Yes, definitely a DEmotion!!! I'm curious if anyone has been able to get Paypal cards using a Walgreen's card. Would be one way to convert Walgreen's for those who may still have them, and still be able to use those funds on Ebay.
I asked the same thing earlier but no one responded. I'm hoping to go to Walgreens tonight and give it the old college try.

Thanks for this info. I'll definitely look into it. I am actually amazed by how much I've saved on this trip already using churning and swagbucks. This could definitely help now that I won't be able to use ebay cards to buy the carnival cards. I started saving for this cruise on 02/13/16. Here are my stats so far:

$297.99 - Cash invested
$1,253.17 - Total value of gift cards and pending ebucks
$955.18 - Savings
We have about $1,160.00 still due on the cruise. Final payment is in May, so I've got plenty of time to earn the rest. My plan is to invest no more cash and just rely on swagbucks and ebucks for my carnival cards. I will be over the moon if we get to go on a $2500 cruise for only $300!!! My family thinks I'm crazy. LOL. I know all the changes will make this a bit harder since we aren't earning near the return we were before, but there are still several avenues to be used with smaller earning potential.

Wow, you've done awesome!!

I asked the same thing earlier but no one responded. I'm hoping to go to Walgreens tonight and give it the old college try.

My Walgreen's had Disney cards on their rack, so I'd imagine lots of people will try to just convert Walgreen's to Disney. However, being able to get paypal would help those who are not cashing out for Disney yet. Guess I'll have to try it out with my card. Please post if you are successful.

I just saw that Walgreens website shows that Paypal cards are only available in the stores. Fortunately, I already have ton of purchases that pending on Paypal, so I plan to load any Paypal cards when they become due.

If this works, I figure we have about a month or two before they find a way to shut that down. That gives me time to figure out how to make money other ways - I hope.

I just saw that Walgreens website shows that Paypal cards are only available in the stores. Fortunately, I already have ton of purchases that pending on Paypal, so I plan to load any Paypal cards when they become due.

If this works, I figure we have about a month or two before they find a way to shut that down. That gives me time to figure out how to make money other ways - I hope.
Didn't someone post a month or so ago that this was risky?

Can you explain your plan more? I am not following how this would work.

And I agree that any new way anyone figures out will be closed sooner rather than later.

Here is the quote from the Terms and Conditions of the eBay gift card site...quietly updated on 8/22/2016...

Restrictions
  1. The Gift Card is not refundable or redeemable for cash or credit, unless required by law.
  2. The Gift Card may be used to make purchases only up to the available balance on the Gift Card. The available balance of the Gift Card is reduced by the amount of each purchase of goods or services and by other deductions, if any, that may be required by law.
  3. If you want to use the Gift Card to make a purchase that exceeds the available balance on the Gift Card, you must combine the use of the Gift Card with additional payment from your PayPal account or other funding source. You agree that we are not responsible if you do not have enough funds on your Gift Card to facilitate a transaction.
  4. The Gift Card may not be used to pay eBay or PayPal service fees. The Gift Card also may not be used to buy eBay Gift Cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency, or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots).
  5. During the first 90 days after registering an eBay account, no more than a total of $1,000 in Gift Cards may be redeemed. For eBay accounts greater than 90 days old, no more than a total of $2,000 in Gift Cards may be redeemed over any 60-day period. Further, you may only redeem a maximum of eight Gift Cards in any single transaction (and fewer if you are redeeming Gift Cards in combination with other redemption codes, such as coupons or vouchers). Restrictions also apply to the purchase of eBay Gift Cards on ebay.com. See our Gift Card Policy for details.

Just tried to exchange my eBay GC at Best Buy-no luck. The cashier was really nice, she explained that it was because it was already activated. Oh well.

Just tried to exchange my eBay GC at Best Buy-no luck. The cashier was really nice, she explained that it was because it was already activated. Oh well.
Thanks for posting, I was going to try tomorrow doing the same thing. I figured as much, but was going to ask just incase it could be exchanged. I guess I am just glad that I don't have more than $200 in ebay and that I can use them to buy from the ebay best buy or target store. In general, I have never been a big ebay shopper. I guess since I haven't used ebay for much (other than buying gift gards;))- I am not really comfortable or knowledgeable about what to buy or who to buy from on ebay. Buying from stores on ebay that I already buy from anyways will make it easier to use the $200.

Last edited:
I'm not following on the "don't abuse Target" thing. If I purchase something from them and return it within their policy how is that abusing? How they refund me is their choice. I sort of think the 5% loophole and blatantly purchasing GCs with GCs when it says plain as day "you may not use a target gift card..." Is a little more abusive. And honestly the churning ebucks was basically making money off a transaction. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of hedge funders who have gone to jail for that sort of action. We weren't really purchasing goods. We used the same capital over and over to make money off of retailers. I guess I just don't see why returning an item from target or Best Buy is sketchy, but making money off of eBay without putting in additional capital and not selling anything wasn't?

I'm not saying I would go this route as it seems an awful lot of work but I will most definitely be looking into purchasing regular items I use or want from the target eBay store with a discounted eBay card during ebuck promos to keep the churn alive.

I'm not following on the "don't abuse Target" thing. If I purchase something from them and return it within their policy how is that abusing? How they refund me is their choice. I sort of think the 5% loophole and blatantly purchasing GCs with GCs when it says plain as day "you may not use a target gift card..." Is a little more abusive. And honestly the churning ebucks was basically making money off a transaction. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of hedge funders who have gone to jail for that sort of action. We weren't really purchasing goods. We used the same capital over and over to make money off of retailers. I guess I just don't see why returning an item from target or Best Buy is sketchy, but making money off of eBay without putting in additional capital and not selling anything wasn't?

I'm not saying I would go this route as it seems an awful lot of work but I will most definitely be looking into purchasing regular items I use or want from the target eBay store with a discounted eBay card during ebuck promos to keep the churn alive.
I think if you do it 1x or 2x, fine.

If suddenly everyone who was churning starts doing it with every promo, then that's serious problem and target will likely change their return policy.

If suddenly everyone who was churning starts doing it with every promo, then that's serious problem and target will likely change their return policy.

I'm thinking that cat's out of the bag. I've seen that mentioned before on Reddit. I just find it pot calling the kettle black asking not to abuse any one method on a thread dedicated to exploiting loopholes. I guarantee there's at least a handful of lurkers who have already placed an order for in store pick up with plans to return forthwith.

I think this was mentioned just as a way to cash out for those of us now stuck with eBay GC's and not as a new method of churning.

I came here today hoping for an eBay promo and instead found out the rules have changed. I have about $800 in eBay so I'll have to figure out what to do and I think for now my churning will come to an end.

For those going to Disneyland, I just noticed on ebay that Gift Card Mall now sells Disneyland two and three day park tickets, both base tickets and park hoppers. It looks like they sell them at regular price. Would have been nice to be able to buy them with churned ebay gift cards, but waiting for a 4X or 5X offer would save some money. Too bad they don't categorize them as tickets rather than gift cards so we can pay with ebay GC.

Offhand, I can think of several ways to use the BB and Target storefronts on eBay to keep the churn alive -- which might be considered abuse -- now that eBay won't let you use GCs to buy GCs.

On a related note, I was once in line at Target's guest services behind someone who was trying to make a return without a receipt. Certain things about it seemed very shady and I don't remember all the details. Anyway, he had to show his ID, the associate typed his info into the computer, and she was able to pull up a long list of returns that she said put him above Target's return limit (for the year?). I don't make too many returns at Target, but my sense is they keep track of returns and can tie it to a person's ID or REDcard account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter