Disappointed with Virgin

We were there at Christmas and as you enter WL all of the rooms on the right were closed for conversion. There has been an ongoing thread in the resorts board.
This has been an ongoing project for the last two years. It had just begun before our stay in August 2015. I knew it would impact on regular guests badly... honestly it sucks.

What's this about rooms in the main building being converted to DVC?

The rooms on the right as you enter the resort are now the Cooper Creek Villas and they have also built some cabins by the water. They are a separate DVC resort from the existing villas which are now the Bolder Ridge Villas.

It has halved the number of hotel rooms available now though.

Could you book WL directly with WDTC and get a refund from Virgin. I don't know what you're dates are in Dec but there's availability.

After me ringing Virgin several times it's finally been sorted. We are now booked into AKL and have a room upgrade to a pool or similar. I have also exchanged a lot of Tesco vouchers to air miles in the hope of upgrading to premium economy. Now it turns out this is not as straight forward as I was led to believe.

I hope you are happy with your new choice. AKL must be a lovely place to stay, will you have a Savannah view?

I've only ever used miles to buy an airfare, or the miles plus money seats. I wasn't aware you could upgrade afterwards using miles, is this the problem?

After me ringing Virgin several times it's finally been sorted. We are now booked into AKL and have a room upgrade to a pool or similar. I have also exchanged a lot of Tesco vouchers to air miles in the hope of upgrading to premium economy. Now it turns out this is not as straight forward as I was led to believe.
Is that Avios? I didn't think they did Airmiles anymore?

I hope you are happy with your new choice. AKL must be a lovely place to stay, will you have a Savannah view?

I've only ever used miles to buy an airfare, or the miles plus money seats. I wasn't aware you could upgrade afterwards using miles, is this the problem?
I think so. I will have to exchange the miles to money off the upgrade and probably pay a little more

The cheapest way of upgrading to PE will probably have been in the recent Seat Sale. We upgraded to PE for £500 return for 2 people. God bless K Class Seats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter