DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

image.png
From a few years ago.... Homeowner wanted to know if he could still use the chimney. Notice the patio under the chimney. Cookout anyone? Lol

In the venn diagram of conversational topics one typically doesn't want overlap between "a friends daughter" and "herpes"

yeesh - maybe i should have paid more attention before posting. Of course, if I thought about what I was doing, I wouldn't be a Disdad.

My niece is doing the Disney College Program this semester. She just moved down and guess where she's living?

Vista Waaaaaaay!

Vista Waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy

I'd like to thank whomever first introduced this clip, because, Vista Waaaaaayyyyyy is hilarious, and I'm glad it is in the Disdad Lexicon.

It just occurred to me I need a ticker - does anyone REALLY like any specific ticker websites?

Happy Tuesday. I posted on FB. Middle school teacher asks for classic movie quotes as kids will complete as assignment. My dd proudly yells out a quote from the famous poet Megatron in the classic movie the Transformers, "You failed me yet again, Starscream". The class laughed and cheered. The teacher changed the assignment to music lyrics. :lmao:

Let it grow!!! Heck if I could grow hair on my head I would let it grow till I tripped over it. Lol

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

About 15 years ago I used to run the conference services office for The College of William and Mary. My office overlooked sorority court. Early spring and sunny days were beautiful things.

::yes:: ::yes:: :goodvibes:goodvibes

Morning all.

Budget day here for a provincial government; looking at tax hikes and spending cuts, should be a fun day.

Hope you all have a good one.

Looking forward to seeing some more of those old pictures.

Shawn and I facing same thing. 4.5% cuts to June, 9% cuts next FY.

Wow! Been a while since I've gotten in here. Been mostly following on facebook. Hope to visit and be here more often. Prayers for those in need, congrats where deserved and missed and well.........Hello Again!

Hey Jim. Good to see you back over this way.

Does Randall often spend his time walking around the World looking for short blond girls? ;)

Who doesn't?

::yes:: ::yes::

My niece is doing the Disney College Program this semester. She just moved down and guess where she's living?

Vista Waaaaaaay!

She can play with Peter's Pan?
Find out how happy, Happy is?
Check out Captain's Hook?

That was Nate!!! Lol
I got into vista !!! I have pictures!!! Lol

And you're a married man. :lmao:

Happy Tuesday. I posted on FB. Middle school teacher asks for classic movie quotes as kids will complete as assignment. My dd proudly yells out a quote from the famous poet Megatron in the classic movie the Transformers, "You failed me yet again, Starscream". The class laughed and cheered. The teacher changed the assignment to music lyrics. :lmao:

Hey Jim. Good to see you back over this way.

::yes:: ::yes::

She can play with Peter's Pan?
Find out how happy, Happy is?
Check out Captain's Hook?

And you're a married man. :lmao:
Married, bald and 50, no questions asked. They just snicker and open the gate. Lol

image.jpeg
My extent of partying at the waaaaaaayaaa. Hanging with the geezers waiting for the new recruits to get back from casting. Lol
Don't laugh !!!! The had lemonade on tap man!! Lol

image.png
Ran into chuck Ron Noris one day in Epcot!!
I have no idea how to post from photobucket to here anymore. So I email to myself and post them.
I have to look,I'm missing a lot of them. I do have a few more. I know B downloaded them onto a disc thingy but I don't see a place to plug it in on the iPad. Lol

Wow! Been a while since I've gotten in here. Been mostly following on facebook. Hope to visit and be here more often. Prayers for those in need, congrats where deserved and missed and well.........Hello Again!
Good to hear from you Jim - welcome back.

Vista Waaaaaaay!

Congrats to your niece!

Well done on the movie quote, now you just need to fix that beach vs WDW thing.

The sport branch that funds most of our members got cut about 9%. Our contact says they believe most of it will be in administration and some grants, shouldn't affect the core funding programs. We'll see when the department budgets are fully released.

Barry, if she is going to be there in September, let me know her name and where she is going to be working.
Sounds like she'll only be down there until the first part of August. As soon as I figure out where she's working, I'll let everyone know so they can hunt her down.

The sport branch that funds most of our members got cut about 9%. Our contact says they believe most of it will be in administration and some grants, shouldn't affect the core funding programs. We'll see when the department budgets are fully released.

We were told we might be getting a 1% raise this year...but that our health care costs were out of control and we need to contribute more to our plans. Put it in one hand and take it out of the other...

What I can't figure out is, they stopped giving raises several years ago when the stock market tanked and gas prices skyrocketed. Couldn't afford raises too, right? But now the stocks have recovered and gas prices have fallen off. The total budget has increased every year...but still no raises.:sad2:

Well, I hate to break it to you, but... I don't discriminate. I look for short or tall and brunette and red heads too.

Who Doesn't?!?

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Well, I hate to break it to you, but... I don't discriminate. I look for short or tall and brunette and red heads too.

::yes::::yes::

Who Doesn't?!?

:rotfl2:

We were told we might be getting a 1% raise this year...but that our health care costs were out of control and we need to contribute more to our plans. Put it in one hand and take it out of the other...

What I can't figure out is, they stopped giving raises several years ago when the stock market tanked and gas prices skyrocketed. Couldn't afford raises too, right? But now the stocks have recovered and gas prices have fallen off. The total budget has increased every year...but still no raises.:sad2:

That seems to be the way everywhere. Our gas prices have dropped but not to the level they were are years ago given the price of oil. Now we are told it is because the value of the $ but the value is abut the same level as it was then and gas is still 30 to 40 cents per liter higher.

Top O the Mornin Dads!
Who Doesn't?!?
:stitch2:
Sounds like she'll only be down there until the first part of August. As soon as I figure out where she's working, I'll let everyone know so they can hunt her down.
Will be there with DS June 2-7 so let us know

What I can't figure out is, they stopped giving raises several years ago when the stock market tanked and gas prices skyrocketed. Couldn't afford raises too, right? But now the stocks have recovered and gas prices have fallen off. The total budget has increased every year...but still no raises.
Seems to be a lot of this stuff going on in many organizations. We knocked it out of the park last year so can't be any of that no or limited performance increase noise but last 3 years out of pocket health care costs have climbed - thank you Washington. We still have a great health care program compared to most, but when out of pocket contributions go up and consume any salary increase makes it tough on folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter