DCL transportation from MCO Hyatt

It will depend on your Castaway Club status or Concierge for the Hyatt bus.

May I ask, do you have a way/ place to meet your daughter at the ship other than standing outside or sitting on a bench.

Wondering if a one-way car rental wouldn’t be a better option. None of the buses are going to get you there much before the 10:15 garage opening, I imagine.

In a December post, the first buses from MCO (not Hyatt guests) was at 10 am.
There are a few scenarios for us to meet that morning. At the port and away from the port. In general, I'm much more inclined to rent a car as I prefer to be on my own timeline. It's a little way off yet, so no rush to decide. If we don't go in November we will for sure be going in January....I'm hoping to do both.

In this situation, I'd absolutely rent a car instead of using a DCL bus. You then aren't waiting for a bus, and can get there whenever. You can then pick her up outside the terminal at whatever time she's available, and then drive to a park to have a nice reunion. Then drop her back off when she needs to get back on board, and then you can either (a) drop the car off for a one-way rental or park it in the garage. Depending on the length of the cruise, a week-long rental is cheaper than two one-way rentals (though you must pay to park), and depending on the number of people in your party, can be much cheaper than two one way DCL transfers. (With 4+, a car is MUCH cheaper.)

DCL's busses are timed for embarkation, so chances are that the first busses won't arrive until 10:30-11 am. If she's free at 9 am, you've missed a couple of hours to spend with her...especially if she has to be back on board by noon.

The only reason to take a DCL bus is that you want to dedicate your morning to be on the ship at the earliest possible time. That's not your situation.

In this situation, I'd absolutely rent a car instead of using a DCL bus. You then aren't waiting for a bus, and can get there whenever. You can then pick her up outside the terminal at whatever time she's available, and then drive to a park to have a nice reunion. Then drop her back off when she needs to get back on board, and then you can either (a) drop the car off for a one-way rental or park it in the garage. Depending on the length of the cruise, a week-long rental is cheaper than two one-way rentals (though you must pay to park), and depending on the number of people in your party, can be much cheaper than two one way DCL transfers. (With 4+, a car is MUCH cheaper.)

DCL's busses are timed for embarkation, so chances are that the first busses won't arrive until 10:30-11 am. If she's free at 9 am, you've missed a couple of hours to spend with her...especially if she has to be back on board by noon.

The only reason to take a DCL bus is that you want to dedicate your morning to be on the ship at the earliest possible time. That's not your situation.
I like your thinking. However, I think the possibility of going out somewhere is low. They tend to go out on most port days so there isn't that much of a need. Based on past trips she will want us to arrive around 9:30-10am.

Price wise two one way rentals cost far less than a 7 day. The most I've paid to the port one way is $80....a 7 day runs anywhere from $250 to $450 an up. I rented 4 times last year for a week out of MCO and the cheapest was $290. I've got a 7 day coming up in a few weeks that right now is sitting at $405....it started a month ago at $480.

With this year’s price for transfers at $45 pp OW, car + gas + tolls could be basically the same price for a couple.

I like being in charge of my schedule, too.

🤞it works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter