Danube River Cruise Meets Thread

Thanks for adding us! We are excited too! At least it is something to look forward too!
I guess it's too early to look for flights, but when is a good time to do that? We will probably fly in the day before...like we do for the cruises. Would.t want to miss the boat!

Thanks for adding us! We are excited too! At least it is something to look forward too!
I guess it's too early to look for flights, but when is a good time to do that? We will probably fly in the day before...like we do for the cruises. Would.t want to miss the boat!
Definitely fly in at least the day before. As you say, you don't want to miss the boat, plus it gives you a little time before the ABD starts to get over your jet lag!

My guess would be February to start looking at flights. Although I don't usually fly mid-summer, I tend to travel in May or September...

Sayhello

ABD has updated the website with new dates and an itinerary for the December 22nd cruise. It looks amazing! We are booked (me and my daughter,15) along with quite a few of our fellow travelers from this past holiday Southeast Asia trip.

ABD has updated the website with new dates and an itinerary for the December 22nd cruise. It looks amazing! We are booked (me and my daughter,15) along with quite a few of our fellow travelers from this past holiday Southeast Asia trip.
Yes! I noticed they put those up shortly after announcing the additional dates. :) I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread.

Sayhello

Just booked with ABD for the August 4th sailing...we are myself, hubby and 2 daughters (4 and 8) and in laws...very excited as this is our 1st ABD and river cruise. We are platinum with DCL so this is a whole new ballgame for us!!!

Just booked with ABD for the August 4th sailing...we are myself, hubby and 2 daughters (4 and 8) and in laws...very excited as this is our 1st ABD and river cruise. We are platinum with DCL so this is a whole new ballgame for us!!!
Congrats on booking your first ABD! Be warned, it likely won't be your last! As we've told many folks before, ABDs are *highly* addictive! It's kind of a new ballgame for me, too, because it will be my 7th ABD, but I've never done a river cruise! I think it's going to be amazing!

I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread.

Sayhello

We just booked ABD Aug. 4 sailing also. It will be our first ABD trip. I will be traveling with my husband, son 18, and daughter 14. We are all very excited.

Just booked the River cruise for July 21. It will just be myself and my husband (we're retired). I think we might have just gotten one of the few remaining cabins. Excited for our first river cruise. Wonder if there will be any other childless couples?

Just booked the River cruise for July 21. It will just be myself and my husband (we're retired). I think we might have just gotten one of the few remaining cabins. Excited for our first river cruise. Wonder if there will be any other childless couples?
I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. I'll be on that sailing with you, along with DISers aggiedog, Hlee, Eeyore18 and their families. I don't know how the river cruise will go, but I know there have been a lot of childless couples on my other ABDs.

Sayhello

We just booked ABD Aug. 4 sailing also. It will be our first ABD trip. I will be traveling with my husband, son 18, and daughter 14. We are all very excited.
I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. Congrats on your first ABD! I think this looks like an amazing trip!

Sayhello

FYI for those that booked the DVC exclusive sailing, it is sold out! They have a wait-list is going though. Glad we booked when we did!

I was curious how our July 21 sailing was filled. I've had a few experienced (and older) river cruisers diss the ABD as something that will be overrun with children.

There are 141 currently booked on our sailing.
105 adults
36 kids total:
20 kids ages 4 to 12 (only 3 are under 8)
16 kids ages 13-17 (three of those are mine)

It looks like a good mix to me. I also have a 10 yo that will be in good company. I'll have to look back thru the threads. I seem to remember there will be 147 max people? Odd that there are supposedly only 6 spots open on the cruise but every category but the lowest one is still available on the website.

I was curious how our July 21 sailing was filled. I've had a few experienced (and older) river cruisers diss the ABD as something that will be overrun with children.

There are 141 currently booked on our sailing.
105 adults
36 kids total:
20 kids ages 4 to 12 (only 3 are under 8)
16 kids ages 13-17 (three of those are mine)

It looks like a good mix to me. I also have a 10 yo that will be in good company. I'll have to look back thru the threads. I seem to remember there will be 147 max people? Odd that there are supposedly only 6 spots open on the cruise but every category but the lowest one is still available on the website.
It's 164 people on the ship. Plus 4 cabins for the Adventure Guides.

That sounds like a great mix. Not "overrun" with kids at all, but enough kids for those who are there to have fun. Thanks for checking!

Sayhello

We will be booking our flights with airline miles. Our sail date is 7/7/16 but we are planning to do a pre-trip stay and visit Ireland en-route to Budapest the week before. I happened to check for award flights on British Airways a couple of days ago and managed to snag the last 2 first class seats available with miles out of Miami to Dublin. It looks like it will be another week or so before I can book flights from Dublin to Budapest though. So, if anyone is looking at booking with airline miles, now would be a good time to start checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter