Copper Creek Declaration Filed

i am late to the game. Did they re-name Wilderness Lodge? Is there a new, large building that is Copper Creek? Boulder Ridge? I'm confused. I knew they were building cabins, then it all became something else?
There are now two DVC resorts at Wilderness Lodge. The Boulder Ridge Villas are the old VWL, expiring in 2042. Copper Creek is a new DVC condo association, separate from BRV.

i am late to the game. Did they re-name Wilderness Lodge? Is there a new, large building that is Copper Creek? Boulder Ridge? I'm confused. I knew they were building cabins, then it all became something else?

There are now two DVC resorts at Wilderness Lodge. The Boulder Ridge Villas are the old VWL, expiring in 2042. Copper Creek is a new DVC condo association, separate from BRV.

To expand on this, Copper Creek will consist of converted rooms in the main building and the new cabins along Bay Lake. The rooms in the main building that were not converted to DVC will still be called Wilderness Lodge.

lol...confusing right!?.....I will try to explain....the Hotel is still called Wilderness Lodge. The Previous DVC component, is now called Boulder Ridge. The new DVC offering is a combination of converted hotel rooms in the main lodge and the cabins and is called Copper Creek. Completely new DVC, not part of the previous DVC, but on the same property.....

I suspect the special layouts will not be booking categories.

I agree. It's like the big corner 1 bedrooms at BWV, luck of the draw.

I agree too that they will be randomly assigned, and since the alternative studios are part of a 2BR lockoff it is quite possible the approximately 7 of these special studios might get assigned to a 2BR reservation instead.

I'm just hoping those 1 beds have a pull down bed or sleeper chair so they don't have less of a sleeping surface than a studio. We need 5 beds in a 1 bed villa.

I expect the 1BRs will be the same as the 1BRs at BRV and will not have a bed for a 5th guest. The living room having a connecting door wipes out a lot of wall and walk space, so there just isn't the room for that furniture. Also I expect the studios will get the single murphy bed just like BRV has in their rooms.

I agree too that they will be randomly assigned, and since the alternative studios are part of a 2BR lockoff it is quite possible the approximately 7 of these special studios might get assigned to a 2BR reservation instead.

If I understand you, I would disagree that the 7 large studios could be connected to a 2 bedroom. What is nice about the 2bd is the separation that a door provides between the bedrooms and living room which the large studio does not have. If I wanted a 2bd, I would not be happy with that configuration.

If I was trying for a studio, I would feel like I hit the jackpot with the large studio.

If I understand you, I would disagree that the 7 large studios could be connected to a 2 bedroom. What is nice about the 2bd is the separation that a door provides between the bedrooms and living room which the large studio does not have. If I wanted a 2bd, I would not be happy with that configuration.

If I was trying for a studio, I would feel like I hit the jackpot with the large studio.

I thought they were suggesting that the large studio would be the 2nd bedroom section of the 2 bedroom unit, with a door between the studio's living room section and the living room of what would be the 1 bedroom section of the 2 bedroom unit. So the studio's living room would be in addition to, not in place of, the normal living room in a 2 bedroom unit, and the door between them could be closed.

Will this be the first DVC property that has 2 DVCs properties in one? Based on the names it seems like current Boulder Ridge owners will not be owners of Copper Creek so would have to book those rooms at 7 months right?

lol...confusing right!?.....I will try to explain....the Hotel is still called Wilderness Lodge. The Previous DVC component, is now called Boulder Ridge. The new DVC offering is a combination of converted hotel rooms in the main lodge and the cabins and is called Copper Creek. Completely new DVC, not part of the previous DVC, but on the same property.....

Thanks. I would have never figured that out! Any idea why they converted the rooms in the Lodge? I guess it would be similar to what they did at AKL. I guess I just don't understand the reasoning.

I thought they were suggesting that the large studio would be the 2nd bedroom section of the 2 bedroom unit, with a door between the studio's living room section and the living room of what would be the 1 bedroom section of the 2 bedroom unit. So the studio's living room would be in addition to, not in place of, the normal living room in a 2 bedroom unit, and the door between them could be closed.
You are correct. The Alternative Lock-off Two-Bedroom will have a "standard" one-bedroom villa attached to an Alternate Studio. Thus, the Alternate Lock-off two-bedrooms will have a master bedroom, full kitchen, two living rooms, a kitchenette, and a second bedroom with one bed. In addition, I imagine each living room will have a sofa sleeper.

Thanks. I would have never figured that out! Any idea why they converted the rooms in the Lodge? I guess it would be similar to what they did at AKL. I guess I just don't understand the reasoning.

They convert rooms because DVC makes Disney more money than renting the room to a cash customer.

:earsboy: Bill

Will this be the first DVC property that has 2 DVCs properties in one? Based on the names it seems like current Boulder Ridge owners will not be owners of Copper Creek so would have to book those rooms at 7 months right?

I believe it is the first of its kind yes. And you are correct....Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek are separate ownerships and therefore Boulder Ridge owners cannot book Copper Creek until 7 months out.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

We may head over there Saturday to get a look at what is being done so far.

MG

You are correct. The Alternative Lock-off Two-Bedroom will have a "standard" one-bedroom villa attached to an Alternate Studio. Thus, the Alternate Lock-off two-bedrooms will have a master bedroom, full kitchen, two living rooms, a kitchenette, and a second bedroom with one bed. In addition, I imagine each living room will have a sofa sleeper.

Wow, what a great setup!

If there indeed turn out to be seven of these Alternate Lock-off 2-Bedroom units, I don't see why they couldn't make them a booking category, even if they cost the same as the "regular" units (just as Boardwalk view is a booking category even though it costs the same as P/G view - I well remember the tension of not knowing until you got there whether your request for BW view had been granted, before they changed it). It would be similar to booking one of the seven GV at BWV.

Wow, what a great setup!

If there indeed turn out to be seven of these Alternate Lock-off 2-Bedroom units, I don't see why they couldn't make them a booking category, even if they cost the same as the "regular" units (just as Boardwalk view is a booking category even though it costs the same as P/G view - I well remember the tension of not knowing until you got there whether your request for BW view had been granted, before they changed it). It would be similar to booking one of the seven GV at BWV.

If there are only 7, I think it would be wise not to make them a booking category and not even allow requests for them. Seven would likely result in their being just like AKV club level rooms. For more than 80% of the year, they will be reserved for any given day either before 11 months out or within nanoseconds after the 11 month window opens online at 8 a.m., and you will have a large population of members trying to get them by extreme walking of reservations, e.g., begin walking in July to get Christmas. It would not be anything like BWV GV's, which usually book before 7 months out but seldom have 11 month out problems, simply because the GVs cost very high points per night and thus invite a much smaller population of members wanting to reserve them. Make the alternate 2BRs their own booking category and you will also have a lot of new purchasers, unfamiliar with the booking risks, buy at CCV just so they can always get those special rooms (unsavory Disney sales reps will promote them as a selling point) , and then learn later they can hardly ever get them, leading to many being disappointed and a cacaphony of complaints. In essence, making them a booking category will likely just lead to a lot of problems and a whole new class of disappointed DVC members.

If there are only 7, I think it would be wise not to make them a booking category and not even allow requests for them. Seven would likely result in their being just like AKV club level rooms. For more than 80% of the year, they will be reserved for any given day either before 11 months out or within nanoseconds after the 11 month window opens online at 8 a.m., and you will have a large population of members trying to get them by extreme walking of reservations, e.g., begin walking in July to get Christmas. It would not be anything like BWV GV's, which usually book before 7 months out but seldom have 11 month out problems, simply because the GVs cost very high points per night and thus invite a much smaller population of members wanting to reserve them. Make the alternate 2BRs their own booking category and you will also have a lot of new purchasers, unfamiliar with the booking risks, buy at CCV just so they can always get those special rooms (unsavory Disney sales reps will promote them as a selling point) , and then learn later they can hardly ever get them, leading to many being disappointed and a cacaphony of complaints. In essence, making them a booking category will likely just lead to a lot of problems and a whole new class of disappointed DVC members.

What if they cost more points than a normal studio?

What if they cost more points than a normal studio?
If the Alternate Studios are not a separate booking category, then they must have the same point costs as the regular studios.

The language in Copper Creek's Master Declaration lists minimum point costs for studios, one-bedrooms, two-bedrooms, Grand Villas, and Cabins. It does not list the Alternate Studio as a separate accommodation type.

As a point of reference, the master declarations for other resorts list all the accommodations that are separate booking categories. For example, Bay Lake Tower list the minimum point costs each accommodation type by View category (Standard, Lake, Theme Park).

The absence of specific language in that section of CCV's Master Declaration pertaining to Alternate Studios makes it reasonable to assume it will not be a separate booking category.

If the Alternate Studios are not a separate booking category, then they must have the same point costs as the regular studios.

The language in Copper Creek's Master Declaration lists minimum point costs for studios, one-bedrooms, two-bedrooms, Grand Villas, and Cabins. It does not list the Alternate Studio as a separate accommodation type.

As a point of reference, the master declarations for other resorts list all the accommodations that are separate booking categories. For example, Bay Lake Tower list the minimum point costs each accommodation type by View category (Standard, Lake, Theme Park).

The absence of specific language in that section of CCV's Master Declaration pertaining to Alternate Studios makes it reasonable to assume it will not be a separate booking category.

Thanks, very thorough answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter