Cooking Meals Reality

Our trip when we used the BRV grills was April 2022 (Easter week). If that had happened to me, I would have asked for day passes to the Poly to use their grills, wasting food is a huge pet peeve of mine so no way I would let those steaks go to waste. Poly grill area is nice, way nicer than VGF. You are practically grilling in the VGF parking lot. BLT wouldn't be an option since I believe they still have charcoal grills (Poly and VGF are gas grills).
Thank you! It never even occurred to us to ask about other about other DVC with grills nearby (guess we were also so frustrated, tired, and hungry we just gave up!) So hopefully this trip we can actually use the grills . It would be nice as this time we are planning on mostly just relaxing at the villa/lodge with only a couple quick trips to parks and Disney Springs. Never traveled in January before (used to travel during Feb vacation -retired teacher-back when our schools actually GAVE us a Feb vacation lol) , so we know the temps may be challenging and unpredictable (and most likely quite chilly at times!)

Agree about the gas grills at The Wilderness Lodge. They are great. Most convenient to the cabins. We just bring foil and Pam spray to use. There are also very cool picnic areas not far from the grills.
Great ideas and I really love the grill idea. I think grilling out at BRV even seems more fitting with the theme of the resort than grilling at GFV for instance. Love that it is gas. I am really hoping Teton's will be open by the time we travel. Would love to rent a boat from the resort one day.

Cookie Sheet-Pan Pancakes​

Level: Easy Total: 30 min Active: 10 min

Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups whole milk

2 large eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons baking powder

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter, melted

1 cup thick-sliced strawberries

1 cup chocolate chips

1 heaping cup blueberries

Butter and warm pancake syrup, for serving

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425˚ F.

In a blender, combine the milk, eggs and vanilla and pulse to mix it well. Add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and blend until smooth, 25 to 30 seconds. Pour in half of the melted butter and pulse a few times to combine.

Spread 2 tablespoons of the melted butter on a sheet pan, then pour in the pancake batter. Sprinkle the strawberries, chocolate chips and blueberries over the batter in three sections. Bake until golden on top, about 20 minutes.

Brush the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter over the surface of the pancake.

Cut into squares and serve with butter and warm syrup!

To make this even easier, I’ve just bought pancake complete mix, stirred it, and used parchment paper I brought in my suitcase to make it easy to get out of the pan. I also got a couple of disposable cookie sheets so I could prep more at once. I mastered the technique I was going to use at home. But in general this is a great idea because it’s easier in the morning than flipping pancakes for a crowd.

I did a lot of food prep on arrival day when we weren’t going to a park. Quiche for breakfasts, lasagna, prepping chicken for fajitas. We also planned the standard spaghetti dinner, too. Even bought the pre-done frozen meatballs and frozen garlic bread to make it simpler. And break and bake cookies are always popular with my travel folks.

Fajitas
Chili/ tacos
Large frozen lasagna
Salmon ( bring parchment paper )

The lasagna is an effort free dish but takes at least an hour

The rest are 30 min tops and all food can be from Instacart.

We made Old El Paso tacos with all of the fixins last Saturday. It was super easy and good. Plus, I heated some up after 15 hours at MK.

Just don’t get avocados from a delivery service. They will be hard as diamonds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter