"Chip" costume

DisneyPoly

<font color=0000FF>A Dream is a Wish your Heart Ma
Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find a "Chip" costume from Beauty and the Beast? My DD's dance recital is doing the ballet and she was chosen to be Chip, however we are in need of a costume. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. She is 11 years old, so we are looking for a child's costume

I just look it up on eBay and saw a couple, but most of them are a size 2/3 So that would be way to small for your DD. But there is one on there, that I saw that someone had hand made. The price though is crazy if you ask me. But go check it out for your self. Good Luck!

Sometimes the Disney Store will have costumes, both the online version and the actual stores. I know they have had the "Chip" costume in the past, but it isn't available from them right now. Also WDW retail locations (especially World of Disney) might have "Chip" but you'd have to find a local who would be willing to check out what's available at the parks/DTD etc. as the shipping costs and shipping time are both outrageous.

Also:

check out (local/semi-local) costume/theatrical supply places - they might have something that they would rent you.

See if any local theatres or schools have done Disney's "Beauty & the Beast". They might have a costume that they would be willing to lend you (if they didn't rent from Disney).

The problem is that IF you can even find a theatre "Chip" costume, it will be a rolling cart with a place for Chip's" head to stick out. It sounds like what you need is a Halloween version (walk-around) of "Chip".

A costume could be made. I found some how-to-make instructions on the 'Net during my searches. If you are at all craft-y or have a friend who can supervise/help, a costume can be made for MUCH cheaper than buying/renting.

Good luck,
agnes!

I would also post this request on the Community Board, someone there might have better ideas or a costume to lend you.

agnes!

I remember seeing a picure on the Nikon photo for the day board last week of a sweet girl in a "Chip" costume about your daughters age; maybe they can direct you. It was a beautifully made costume!

Its on the Photography board (Nikon picture for the day) Page 56 - post #827 - I dont know how to add a link; sorry! Hope you find it!!)

544786590_JZT2C-L.jpg

Not sure which version of "Chip" the OP wants, I've seen two different ones.

One is a fabric-covered foam form that looks like a walk-around "Chip" and has fairly-good freedom of movement. I'm pretty sure I've seen a child's Halloween costume of "Chip" but can't find a picture of one now. This pic is a Halloween costume version of "Mrs. Potts"
mrs_potts_costume_06139.jpg

There's a posting on the Net about how to create your own "Chip" here:
http://www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com/coolest-chip-from-beauty-and-the-beast-costume-2.html
with a pic of the finished costume

coolest-chip-from-beauty-and-the-beast-costume-2-43245.jpg

The other is one similar to the stage show, where the child's head is only visible as the 'cup' and the body is concealed within a roll-around tea-cart. This version does not have freedom of movement.

caroline-boron-chip2-15-07.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter