Candy Apples, Monsters, Haunted Houses, Scare Zones, Strange Things an Exorcist and more. Is there a Doctor in the House? HHN 32 trip.

30 Years 30 Fears

IMG_9247.jpeg
IMG_9245.jpeg

IMG_9005.jpeg

IMG_9008.jpeg

I will share some photos and little info on what I thought were some of the Stand out houses that year.

One of those houses was a Universal Original House Called “The Wicked Growth” . It was a beautiful house with an interesting story line. The Pumpkin Lord was spreading his vines of evil through a town and taking it over.

As you enterd the house you could see all the carved pumpkins on the exterior. The deeper you went into the house it was as though you were now in the pumpkin. At the end of house you met the Pumpkin Lord. The Pumpkin Lord would play a major role in the next years HHN 31.

This house was awesome to see in dark with all the lit up pumpkins.

There was a little carved Pumpkin at the entrance of this house and it was nicknamed Lil Boo. It became the darling of HHN 30 and fast forward Lil Boo has generated a merchandise line which everyone still loves.

These photos are from the Unmasking the Horror Tour that I took.
IMG_9478.jpeg

The smallest Pumpkin with the round eyes top center is Lil Boo.
IMG_9481.jpeg

IMG_9482.jpeg

IMG_9516.jpeg

to be continued

IMG_2229.gif

Last edited:
Another stand out house that year was a IP House “The Haunting of Hill House”. From a Artistic standpoint in the daylight this was a visually stunning house.

IMG_9567.jpeg

IMG_9568.jpeg

IMG_9569.jpeg

IMG_9573.jpeg

IMG_9574.jpeg

IMG_9571.jpeg

The attention to detail was right down to the door knobs.
IMG_9583.jpeg

IMG_9600.jpeg

IMG_9605.jpeg

“Revenge of the Tooth Fairy“ house was a Universal Original House that had an incredible entrance that looked like a haunted Victorian Pop up Greeting Card.

IMG_9706.jpeg

IMG_9708.jpeg

IMG_9707.jpeg

IMG_9701.jpeg

IMG_9705.jpeg

IMG_9704.jpeg

IMG_9703.jpeg

IMG_9700.jpeg

IMG_9699.jpeg

IMG_9698.jpeg

A few more photos of the houses that year.

Scarey: Horror in the Heartland

IMG_9442.jpeg

IMG_9445.jpeg

IMG_9448.jpeg

IMG_9454.jpeg

IMG_9456.jpeg

Universal Icons
IMG_9660.jpeg

IMG_9696.jpeg

IMG_9657.jpeg

There was a Scarecrow Stalk again that year. You purchased this chocolate Bar and inside was a map to find all the locations of the Scarecrow vignettes scattered through the park.
IMG_9525.jpeg

There was also a nice photo op room set up on the second floor of the Cabana Bay Resort for all resort guests to go an enjoy taking photos.

It was based on a much beloved HHN Icon “Jack the Clown”
IMG_9138.jpeg

There was a fake blender for you to step behind for a fun photo op. I love my nieces expression.
IMG_9141.jpeg

IMG_9159.jpeg

IMG_9163.jpeg

IMG_9179.jpeg

IMG_9175.jpeg

The Halloween boutique that year located in IOA was beautiful.
IMG_9371.jpeg

IMG_9379.jpeg

IMG_9381.jpeg

Last edited:
There was a “Dark Arts” show on the Castle in Hogsmeade that year and the Death Eaters did come out to roam.

IMG_9721.jpeg

IMG_9732.jpeg

IMG_9733.jpeg

IMG_9740.jpeg

IMG_9742.jpeg

IMG_9745.jpeg

IMG_9751.jpeg

IMG_9750.jpeg

IMG_9747.jpeg

IMG_2249.jpeg

The Tribute Store was really good that year. It had one of the best facades yet.

IMG_2250.jpeg

This Bear statue was in the Tribute Store. I also saw this bear as a prop at the MCO airport HHN store. Some people had posted it online.
IMG_9864.jpeg

IMG_9865.jpeg

There were nice displays of past HHN Icons
IMG_9871.jpeg

IMG_9873.jpeg

IMG_9887.jpeg

Also that year was one of my favorite Artist Signature Series designs. For posters and merch Frankenstein.
IMG_9869.jpeg

Inside the Tribute Store they also sell Halloween themed foods and an interesting presentation that year were edible gummy hearts and brains that pulsated in the display case.
IMG_9892.jpeg

Last edited:
That year we also said goodbye to an old friend “The Monsters Cafe”.

Those of you who have visited Universal for years remember the electric chair that sat outside the cafe and was a photo op for everyone. I love this photo of my niece in the chair.
IMG_9194.jpeg

IMG_9628.jpeg

IMG_9621.jpeg

IMG_9616.jpeg

IMG_9618.jpeg

IMG_9622.jpeg

IMG_9630.jpeg

IMG_9631.jpeg

IMG_9627.jpeg
Although I will admit I did not like the food in the cafe I always had a stop in and roamed around a little.

Next up a quick visit to HHN 31 then onto HHN 32 in real time.

IMG_2227.gif

I just booked one night this Monday at Cabana .
Thank you for sharing…all those photos!
You are welcome.

Last year Cabana Bay had a nice nostalgic Halloween display in the entrance lobby.

They also have a Chucky Photo op upstairs on the second floor for all resort guests.

The Swizzle lounge in the lobby area will be offering Halloween inspired drinks.

So have a great time.

More Spooky memories of HHN‘s from the past.

A very interesting thing about Universal is their ability to bring continuity to the story lines of their Haunted Houses from year to year.

Our lovely tour guide that I had the other day for the UMH Tour Billie Jane shared some interesting facts about next years HHN. She said, while we are enjoying this years HHN the creative team is right now brainstorming HHN for next year.

More on Billie Jane later. She was fantastic.

She also shared that once all the houses are decided and it is time to set them up. The incredible house design team then have 1 day to go to the warehouse off site and pull the set pieces they think they will need to set up the house inside.

IMG_1958.gif

HHN 31 2022

HOUSES

!. Halloween

2. Blumhouse

Freaky

Black Phone

3. Universal Monsters: Legends Collide

4. Spirits of the Coven

5. Bugs Eaten Alive

6. Fiestade Chupaccabras

7. HellBlock Horror

8. Deadman’s Pier: Winters Wake

9. Descendants of Destruction

10. The Weekend

SCARE ZONES

1. Graveyard Deadly Unrest

2. ScareCrow: Cursed Soil

3. Conjure the Dark

4. Sweet Revenge

5. Horrors of Halloween

Show

1. Goulish-a Halloween Tale on the Lagoon

2. Halloween- Nightmare Fuel

TRIBUTE STORE-located in Universal studios New York area.

HALLOWEEN BOUTIQUE-Located in IOA

1. Halloween- For the die hard Halloween fans this house was themed from the original movie from 1978 in Haddonfield, Illinois. If you love Micheal Myers you were not disappointed. This was good house and was not for the faint hearted.
IMG_2052.gif

Blumhouse which included

2. Freaky-This was a movie about a teen and a serial killer who swapped bodies with her. This was on UMH Tour I did last year.

IMG_2736.jpeg

IMG_2743.jpeg

IMG_2744.jpeg

The Black Phone-is about the grabber and the dark basement were he takes his Victims and the story of the boy who lived.
IMG_2753.jpeg

IMG_2748.jpeg

IMG_2746.jpeg

3. Universal Monsters: Legends Collide—In this house there was a battle between The Mummy, Dracula and Wolfman to find an ancient amulet that could break their respective curses. Each night of HHN their was a differend victor.

This house was on the UMH Tour. The decor was very Mummy influenced.

IMG_2615.jpeg

IMG_2614.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_2619.jpeg

IMG_2625.jpeg
IMG_2623.jpeg

4. Spirits of the Coven-this house was set in the 1920’s and was a speak easy that was run by Witches that slowly reveal their true form as you make your way through the house. They have a special cocktail made with unsuspecting guests.

5. Bugs Eaten Alive-this house was set in the 1950’s with a special ventilation system that released a repellent that kept bugs at bay. It instead caused the Bugs to grow and kill the occupants of the house.

This house was on the UMH Tour also.
IMG_2644.jpeg

IMG_2648.jpeg

IMG_2656.jpeg

IMG_2660.jpeg

IMG_2669.jpeg

I thought is was funny that the MIB gift shop was selling lollipops with bugs in them. It was located by the entrance of the Bugs Eaten Alive House.

IMG_2692.jpeg

6. Fiesta de Chupacabras-was set in a latin village where the legend of the creature Chupacabras is celebrated with a festival. Chupacabra is a large vampire dog beast that is killing the tourists that have come for the festival.

7. Hellblock Horror-this house is set in a prison that savage monsters are being held in. They break free and take revenge on everyone, including each other.

This house was on the UMH Tour.

It was a pretty gory house, but there were a lot of interesting aspects of the house that were brought to light during the tour.

IMG_2505.jpeg

Some of you will recognize this Mouthbrooders head from the “Depths of Fear“ house from HHN 29 in 2019.
IMG_2482.jpeg

IMG_2488.jpeg

IMG_2492.jpeg

8. Deadman‘s Pier: Winters Wake-this was a beautifully designed house that was so nice to see in the UMH Tour.

This house was set in a New England fishing village. A woman plays her magic violin and sings a sirens song on the bow of a boat to raise her beloved from the sea. In doing so she also raises dead seaman from their graves and they seek revenge.

IMG_2531.jpeg

IMG_2536.jpeg

IMG_2532.jpeg

IMG_2543.jpeg

IMG_2581.jpeg

IMG_2582.jpeg

Last edited:
9. Descendants of Destruction-This house was set in a New York subway tunnel where mutants are looking to feast on the last of humanity that are left hiding in the tunnels.

This house was on UMH Tour
IMG_2721.jpeg

IMG_2711.jpeg

IMG_2724.jpeg

10. The Weekend-this house was set in a Las Vegas club that played the Weekends music and featured the Weekend and it had gory scenes of plastic surgery gone wrong.
IMG_2613.jpeg

More to come with HHN 31 Scares Zones then onto HHN 32

IMG_2226.gif

IMG_2234.gif

Last edited:
IMG_2223.gif

Tip toeing back in with Scare Zones for HHN 31

1. Graveyard Deadly Unrest-on Hallows Eve a dark storm descends on a cemetery and it wakes the dead.

I really liked this scare zone. It was very well done and the scare actors were awesome.

IMG_2367.jpeg

IMG_2370.jpeg

IMG_2883.jpeg

IMG_2887.jpeg

IMG_2872.jpeg

IMG_2870.jpeg

IMG_2816.jpeg

IMG_2819.jpeg

2. Scarecrow: Cursed Soil-This Scare Zone is set on abandon farm in Nebraska. Scare Crows have risen to haunt.
IMG_3524.jpeg

IMG_3535.jpeg

IMG_3541.jpeg
IMG_3540.jpeg

IMG_3538.jpeg

3. Conjure the Dark-On the first Hallows Eve A evil Sorceress calls forth Monsters from all the dark dimensions. The scare actor who played the Sorceress was fantastic.
IMG_2803.jpeg

IMG_2801.jpeg

IMG_2810.jpeg

IMG_2918.jpeg

IMG_2917.jpeg

4. Sweet Revenge-The Sweets from Major Sweets Company has turned all the children into crazed killers.

The children went berserk during a Halloween Parade replete with floats and candy stands.

This was a very colorful scare zone and it was resplendently Halloween
IMG_2395.jpeg

IMG_2394.jpeg

IMG_3626.jpeg

IMG_3627.jpeg

IMG_3619.jpeg

IMG_3632.jpeg

IMG_2794.jpeg

More to come

IMG_2228.gif

Horrors of Halloween-The Pumpkin Lord sat at the entrance of this Scare zone. In this zone the spirit of Halloween had take over the event summoning fiendish creatures.

The Pumpkin Lord himself was the unofficial Icon of HHN 31. Remember you met him at the end of the original house “Wicked Growth” during HHN 30.

The Pumpkin Lord had a place of Honor to the delight of HHN fans at the entrance to the “Horrors of Halloween” Scare Zone. He held court from a massive rotted pumpkin.
IMG_2840.jpeg

IMG_2846.jpeg

IMG_2851.jpeg

IMG_2837.jpeg

IMG_2847.jpeg

IMG_2857.jpeg

The Tribute Store was beautiful.
IMG_2412.jpeg

IMG_2413.jpeg

IMG_2416.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter