Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Has anyone found out any information about upgrading these tickets to an AP? I was wondering if they bridge the tickets or if they won't be able to be upgraded.

Has anyone found out any information about upgrading these tickets to an AP? I was wondering if they bridge the tickets or if they won't be able to be upgraded.

Of course you can upgrade them it's just a matter of $$$. To calculate that take the value of the Canadian discounted ticket you have in US$ and subtract that amount from the AP you want. That is the difference you'll be paying (as a worst case). You may find a CM who'll cut you a bit of a deal. The concept of bridging is now out the window.

I am planning to activate these tickets at guest services at DS on our arrival night. Does anybody know if every person in the booking has to be physically present or could I take all our passports to guest services & activate them while others hang out around the pool?

Does anybody know if every person in the booking has to be physically present or could I take all our passports to guest services & activate them while others hang out around the pool?

In January, both me and my wife had to be at Will Call for our tickets to be activated. Might be different from one cast member to another I guess...

I posted something similar on the FD page but thought you guys might know more about the CDN offer!

The Cdn ticket offer can be added to an existing ressie. We're booked (6 adults...youngest is now 10) into BLT on December 3rd. Cash reservation.

It looks like dining will cost us about $2080 for the 6 of us on DDP (or $1445 on QSDP) if we pay for it OOP. We would prefer DDP over QSDP so we can enjoy a few more relaxed family dinners.
The Cdn tickets would be $1629 for all of us (we don't need the hopper option). If we had to add the park hopper and plus it would be about $2084.

Is the Cdn ticket offer available to add to FD?

If it's not, US park tickets and the rumoured plus' would be about $2939, making more sense to pay OOP for food or just get one of the plans and add the Cdn tix to our room reservation. What I don't like is having to pay exchange rates on our cc for each and every meal (or having that much cash).

We would also consider switching to CR if a room only pin was sent our way (although we'd miss the kitchen and our view!) so we could take advantage of the ticket offer and a RO discount.

Have I completely messed up my Disney math?

Is the Cdn ticket offer available to add to FD?

What I don't like is having to pay exchange rates on our cc for each and every meal (or having that much cash).

We would also consider switching to CR if a room only pin was sent our way (although we'd miss the kitchen and our view!) so we could take advantage of the ticket offer and a RO discount.

Have I completely messed up my Disney math?

Nope, all Free Dining offers need you to buy tickets as well (at full pop). The rumours of what the actual plan you will get is pretty measly, i believe only quick service even at Moderate.

If you attach a credit card to your Magic Band (don't think you have any choice here, correct me if I'm wrong??) you can charge all of your meals to your room and then you'll only have one charge to your card when you check out. We will go to the front desk on the last night and apply whatever cash we have leftover to the bill. Make sense?

I would jump on the current ticket offer (either thru Airmiles if you have or if not, you can head to CAA offices and purchase the discounted tickets) since the tickets don't expire and the sale ends May 20th. Last year the discounts for winter didn't drop till mid June, not sure what months that covered though.

You will probably come out ahead of Free Dining with a room discount and the CDN ticket offer. (and yes, Disney math now requires a special degree!)

I am planning to activate these tickets at guest services at DS on our arrival night. Does anybody know if every person in the booking has to be physically present or could I take all our passports to guest services & activate them while others hang out around the pool?

We activated our tickets at the Guest Services in DS in February and, although all the members of my family were physically there, I was able to get all tickets activated by just showing the passports without them being next to me. They were actually roaming about outside of the building since we had to wait a while so I was alone inside with the CM. Don't know if the guy checking us in (he writes your name on his sheet so you are on a virtual queue without actually having to wait in line - I loved this!) took note of how many people were initially there though... :scratchin

Nope, all Free Dining offers need you to buy tickets as well (at full pop). The rumours of what the actual plan you will get is pretty measly, i believe only quick service even at Moderate.

If you attach a credit card to your Magic Band (don't think you have any choice here, correct me if I'm wrong??) you can charge all of your meals to your room and then you'll only have one charge to your card when you check out. We will go to the front desk on the last night and apply whatever cash we have leftover to the bill. Make sense?

I would jump on the current ticket offer (either thru Airmiles if you have or if not, you can head to CAA offices and purchase the discounted tickets) since the tickets don't expire and the sale ends May 20th. Last year the discounts for winter didn't drop till mid June, not sure what months that covered though.

You will probably come out ahead of Free Dining with a room discount and the CDN ticket offer. (and yes, Disney math now requires a special degree!)

Ok...I think I get it now. We can do the following:
BLT cash ressie (and maybe hope for a pin code), Cdn ticket offer, and pay OOP for a dining plan if we choose...and probably still come out ahead of FD!!!

We're travelling with my family and my parents. Is it possible to have two credit cards on the Magic Bands? Ie one for the 4 of us and one for my parents?

Ok...I think I get it now. We can do the following:
BLT cash ressie (and maybe hope for a pin code), Cdn ticket offer, and pay OOP for a dining plan if we choose...and probably still come out ahead of FD!!!

We're travelling with my family and my parents. Is it possible to have two credit cards on the Magic Bands? Ie one for the 4 of us and one for my parents?
YES, you can do all of those things. If you have a room booked (directly thru Disney) and have your own tickets you can call and have them create what is referred to as "a ticket-less package" by paying for the dining plan at full pop. Depending on the make up of your family you need to do even more Disney math because you might find that paying for your meals strictly OOP, without any Dining Plan, can be cheaper. Every family is different, but if you have found before that you had credits not used, ended up feeling like you were either wasting food, eating more than you wanted or ended up trying to spend lots of snack credits before you left, you might be better off just paying for all of your meals OOP.

YES, you can attach different credit cards to different bands. I would recommend going to the front desk a few times during your stay to check the invoice just to be sure the correct card has been charged. Most people have no problems but others have found all purchases ended up on one card. We noticed on our last stay that the invoice even said which band had been used for each purchase.

Quick question, I bought the Canadian tickets on a MYW Package (everything is linked on MDE, including my resort and tickets are assigned to each member of my family), do I specifically need to visit a Guest Relations or can I just activate my tickets at check-in (ASSP) ?

For anyone curious, you can pay for the Canadian Park tickets with a Disney Gift Card on the Disney World website. You do not have to put in a billing address if paying this way online. I selected Will Call as the delivery option and will show my Canadian Passport at Guest Relations to pick up the ticket! The ticket showed instantly in MDE and I can reassign it to anyone. Also received the confirmation email with the barcode instantly. The ticket also shows in the MDE APP that it is a non-expiring ticket!!!

Now here's the kicker (and hopefully I don't get flamed for saying this)...I'm a Canadian living outside of Canada....I never entered a Canadian address anywhere to make this purchase since I paid with a Disney Gift Card. To collect the ticket all I need is the email with the barcode and my Canadian Passport! This is what is printed on my email! Every report on collecting the Disney World Canadian Park tickets has been the same. Present the bar code email and your passport and exchange for your park tickets.

Disney Gift Cards can be purchased at a 5% discount at Target in the States if using your Target RedCard for an even further savings on ticket prices.

Hope this info helps someone else.

Last edited:
Quick question, I bought the Canadian tickets on a MYW Package (everything is linked on MDE, including my resort and tickets are assigned to each member of my family), do I specifically need to visit a Guest Relations or can I just activate my tickets at check-in (ASSP) ?

You will still need to go to Guest Relations at any park or downtown Disney to show your passport to have the tickets activated. Your resort is not able to activate the tickets.

Possibly a dumb question but I'll risk it....

Our original plan was to not go until December (so we didn't get the Plus since one of the Waterparks is always closed when we go.) We purchased a set of the Canadian tickets (10 days +PH) and they were assigned to each member of our party. We're now thinking of doing an August trip as well and may want to take advantage of the waterparks in August. My original thought was to upgrade the tickets but it doesn't look possible, so was thinking about ordering a second set with 10 day pass with PH and more that we'd use in August.

Since the tickets don't expire until 2030, can we just unlink or deactivate the ones we have, buy a second set with the Water Parks and PH and link/activate the other set once August is done re-activate the original PH+ tickets? Can we show our passports for both sets in August and have them active both sets of tickets (the August and December ones)? I guess even more broadly if we buy multiple sets can we show our passports in August for all tickets -- even the ones for future trips --- and have them activated/useable for future trips?

I'm in the same boat as you. I bought them as part of a MYW package as well it all shows up linked in MDE. I have read others posts about taking an email with a barcode to guest services to activate tickets but I didn't receive an email specifically for the tickets & nothing with a barcode I just received the regular package confirmation. Did you receive an email for tickets with barcode?

I'm in the same boat as you. I bought them as part of a MYW package as well it all shows up linked in MDE. I have read others posts about taking an email with a barcode to guest services to activate tickets but I didn't receive an email specifically for the tickets & nothing with a barcode I just received the regular package confirmation. Did you receive an email for tickets with barcode?
I didn't get an email with barcodes, I think it's just for the people who bought tickets only. Everything is linked though, I see my resort reservation and the tickets are assigned to each member of my family. I only received an email about "Congrats you're going to Disney World blahblahblah with all the information" and another email for a payment we did (the 200$ deposit) :confused3

Last edited:
You will still need to go to Guest Relations at any park or downtown Disney to show your passport to have the tickets activated. Your resort is not able to activate the tickets.
Don't they normally activate normal tickets at the resorts though? :/

Don't they normally activate normal tickets at the resorts though? :/
The Canadian tickets are actually vouchers though. Even though it is attached with your package and you see them in your MDE and you can set up your fast passes they need to see a passport to verify them. Sounds silly I know...but that's Disney. Ticketing actually operates separately from the resort and dining. I learned this on our Xmas trip as we had an issue with our dinning plan - we were missing credits when we went to pay - and the issue could only be solved by going all the way back to the resort...even though we ate at a restaurant in the park guest relations couldn't solve the issue. That was beyond frustrating!!!! Chef de France had left our account open and charged the next 2 tables to our dining plan the night before. Went for lunch the next day and all of our credits were gone!!! We had to pay out of pocket and then go all the way back to the resort because guest relations doesn't deal with dining issues....the resorts do!

The Canadian tickets are actually vouchers though. Even though it is attached with your package and you see them in your MDE and you can set up your fast passes they need to see a passport to verify them. Sounds silly I know...but that's Disney. Ticketing actually operates separately from the resort and dining. I learned this on our Xmas trip as we had an issue with our dinning plan - we were missing credits when we went to pay - and the issue could only be solved by going all the way back to the resort...even though we ate at a restaurant in the park guest relations couldn't solve the issue. That was beyond frustrating!!!! Chef de France had left our account open and charged the next 2 tables to our dining plan the night before. Went for lunch the next day and all of our credits were gone!!! We had to pay out of pocket and then go all the way back to the resort because guest relations doesn't deal with dining issues....the resorts do!
Oh.. I get it. Thanks for the heads up hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter