BWV refurb is in full swing.

Question for anyone who has experienced the new patio chairs. Would a seat cushion placed on the seat make them comfortable? We actually spend some time out there on the balcony every day. I am thinking of getting a couple of cushions from Amazon shipped to BWV. I will leave them and pass them on if I do get them and anyone is interested.

Question for anyone who has experienced the new patio chairs. Would a seat cushion placed on the seat make them comfortable? We actually spend some time out there on the balcony every day. I am thinking of getting a couple of cushions from Amazon shipped to BWV. I will leave them and pass them on if I do get them and anyone is interested.
The worst part is not the seat but the back - it's not high enough. We did find them comfortable enough once we started taking pillows from the couch out with us when we went out. We definitely spend a lot of time out there as well.

The worst part is not the seat but the back - it's not high enough. We did find them comfortable enough once we started taking pillows from the couch out with us when we went out. We definitely spend a lot of time out there as well.
Thank you....you just saved me some cash....

Add one more voice to BWV Chairgate. I’m here now and can confirm that they are the worst ever! It really is as if guests are being discouraged from using their balcony/patio.

For anyone curious about what they look like:

IMG_1539.jpeg

The legs aren’t that long, the back is short, and it cuts uncomfortably into your low- to mid-back - no support. Using a sofa pillow on the seat and a bed pillow on the back helps a bit, but there is still no place to rest your arms. Not relaxing at all, sadly.

Other than that, I’m enjoying the room refurb! The room is bright and fresh and a pleasure to return to at the end of the day.

Add one more voice to BWV Chairgate. I’m here now and can confirm that they are the worst ever! It really is as if guests are being discouraged from using their balcony/patio.

For anyone curious about what they look like:

View attachment 851321

The legs aren’t that long, the back is short, and it cuts uncomfortably into your low- to mid-back - no support. Using a sofa pillow on the seat and a bed pillow on the back helps a bit, but there is still no place to rest your arms. Not relaxing at all, sadly.

Other than that, I’m enjoying the room refurb! The room is bright and fresh and a pleasure to return to at the end of the day.
I'm encouraging guests to complain, even though I know as an owner I'll have to pay for replacement chairs. Maybe when they start finding dirty/damaged sofa and bed pillows that were used on those chairs, they'll realize what a great mistake the designer/buyer made!

Just walking by, it looks like they used the same patio chairs on the Inn side, too.

I tried having my coffee on the patio this morning but gave up after 20 minutes. So disappointing, the weather is gorgeous and all I want to do is relax out there. :(

I love Disney and I adore the Boardwalk, but the lack of comfortable seating anywhere, even in my own room, is wearing on me this trip. Seriously considering bringing my folding camp chair next time. 🤣:jester:

edited for clarity

Last edited:
Disney has long had a thing against people sitting in the parks - so maybe they're now starting a new campaign to discourage sitting in the rooms and villas too.

I remember about 15 years ago when Disney started removing dozens of benches from the parks - there are far fewer spots to sit and relax than there used to be. I never got the logic, because I spent a lot more money in the parks when there were more shady spots to sit - it usually meant buying more snacks and more alcoholic drinks too, and often dining in-park because I was spending more time there.

I guess the logic in the villa is that you may be too comfortable out on your balcony, eating and drinking your own food, so you're not spending enough with Disney - so they make awful chairs to limit the time you spend not spending.

Just walking by, it looks like they used the same patio chairs on the Inn side, too.

I tried having my coffee on the patio this morning but gave up after 20 minutes. So disappointing, the weather is gorgeous and all I want to do is relax out there. :(

I love Disney and I adore the Boardwalk, but the lack of comfortable seating anywhere, even in my own room, is wearing on me this trip. Seriously considering bringing my folding camp chair next time. 🤣:jester:

edited for clarity
Mine is in my car and I'm not going until December.

Disney has long had a thing against people sitting in the parks - so maybe they're now starting a new campaign to discourage sitting in the rooms and villas too.

I remember about 15 years ago when Disney started removing dozens of benches from the parks - there are far fewer spots to sit and relax than there used to be. I never got the logic, because I spent a lot more money in the parks when there were more shady spots to sit - it usually meant buying more snacks and more alcoholic drinks too, and often dining in-park because I was spending more time there.

I guess the logic in the villa is that you may be too comfortable out on your balcony, eating and drinking your own food, so you're not spending enough with Disney - so they make awful chairs to limit the time you spend not spending.

The first time I noticed a park bench gone was after I came out of Main Street Bakery (now SB's) with my big cinnamon roll and coffee one morning long ago. I had to go over and eat at the tables and chairs opposite the Plaza at the time.

One thing comes to mind about one of those earlier trips. I remember sitting on that bench and chatting with a local guy who told me his favorite thing to do was to come to Disney and sit and people watch on Main Street.

In one sense that's me now, although I have nowhere to sit. There are very few attractions that I care to do. So I wander, shop and eat. The problem, I don't stay long in any park since there's no place to relax anymore. (Well, I do know a couple spots but I'm keeping my secrets.)

View attachment 850971
So, is the area I have circled above open yet? Thanks.

It wasn’t as of about 2 days ago according to someone else on another board.

I didn't see any outdoor construction going on there - the railings were in tact and there was (uncomfortable) patio furniture in place... but didn't see anyone in them. I had requested a standard view in this area.

I didn't see any outdoor construction going on there - the railings were in tact and there was (uncomfortable) patio furniture in place... but didn't see anyone in them. I had requested a standard view in this area.
"Maybe" they're close to opening them up. Fingers crossed.
Is there still a temporary door blocking this part of the hall, or have they removed the door and just have black plastic in it's place? I've got family coming in May 1st, so we are very curious.

I almost always have one or two in my car. Maybe if we all do it and make them very visible on our balconies, they will get the point 8-)

"Maybe" they're close to opening them up. Fingers crossed.
Is there still a temporary door blocking this part of the hall, or have they removed the door and just have black plastic in it's place? I've got family coming in May 1st, so we are very curious.
This I don't know since I only viewed these rooms from the outside. Sending pixie dust your way you end up exactly where you want to be!

This could very well be thier intent. Wouldn't shock me at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter