Buying pins on Ebay

Ellie42699

Mouseketeer
My son really wants to do some pin trading on our April trip. I have seen that some of you have purchased pins on ebay. I was hoping to get some recommendations from you all on what sellers are reputable to purchase/bid from. THANKS! :)

Our family is VERY into pin trading for about 4 years now. It makes good sense to buy "traders" before you go, since they cost so much off the rack at the world. BUT, many of the pins sold on Ebay are counterfeit pins or "scrappers". If they are being sold very cheap, it is likely that they are counterfeit pins. I don't have any recommendations on sellers, but I would check their feedback rating, and would look for some one that has lots of feedback. You might try a site called Dizpins.com. It is a message board for pin traders. It has a sale board. I purchased through this sale board before and always had good luck.

We have purchased many times from Ebay. We look for sellers that have sold a high quantity and have a perfect or near perfect seller rating. You can buy pins for $1 compared to 5 or 6 in the parks. :cool1:

I just got my pins from ebay seller yesterday. AWESOME pins, not sure if I will even trade some of them. You email her your fav charac. and we got 11 of our 30pins were cinderella pins. She also sent one cast member only pin, 5 collector pins, and one hidden mickey. This is the seller that I used, weluvpins26, 30 pins 30 buks, free shipping, came in 2 days.

One thing is that these pins, could be counterfeit. It's always important to make sure before you trade any of these pins in the park that they have (c) Disney stamped somewhere on the back. Otherwise, these pins may not be traded with Cast Members (who have some of the coolest pins sometimes), but you may find guests willing to trade with them.

-pwmitch237

One thing is that these pins, could be counterfeit. It's always important to make sure before you trade any of these pins in the park that they have (c) Disney stamped somewhere on the back. Otherwise, these pins may not be traded with Cast Members (who have some of the coolest pins sometimes), but you may find guests willing to trade with them.

-pwmitch237
Don't forget when trading with other guests they have a right to refuse any trades someone offers them, unlike the Cast Members who can not say no.

Try the Pin Castle site on-line :thumbsup2

Please visit the main page of this forum, there is a thread devoted to ebay sellers with many sellers listed. Please do not buy 30 pins for 30 bucks or anything else like that, these sellers are selling scrappers, or fakes. Please do some research before buying on eBay as scrappers are very prevalent. Welcome to Collector's Board, we hope we can help you get some good traders at great prices! :)

Sorry that my abbreviation bothered you. I am just a mom like the original poster. My seller on ebay was postmarked from Florida. If they are fake I don't know how you would tell. They are however not new but in great shape. They have the trademark, disney stamp, ect. I was just trying to be helpful. I don't think the original poster was looking to become a collector just trying to find some pins for kiddo to trade.

Sorry that my abbreviation bothered you. I am just a mom like the original poster. My seller on ebay was postmarked from Florida. If they are fake I don't know how you would tell. They are however not new but in great shape. They have the trademark, disney stamp, ect. I was just trying to be helpful. I don't think the original poster was looking to become a collector just trying to find some pins for kiddo to trade.

But if you're trading scrappers in the parks then the collector's are the ones who end up with them and they are worthless. I do not buy cheapo pins (unless I'm planning to keep them and don't care if they are scrappers or real) to trade so by trading scrappers you are actually costing me money. I have a family of 4 trading, trust me, I appreciate the expense and the desire to save a little money, but I don't like trading bad pins. There are many different ways you can tell if they are scrappers, I can tell with some just by looking, with others I have to do some researching and figure it out but you can tell. And I'm a Mom too, I don't know what that has to do with anything.......

OP here's a link to the eBay thread on the main page of the Collector's Board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter