Booking Availability question

ChipperBandit

Earning My Ears
I apologize if this has been addressed before.

Is there a general consensus or some objective info on which DVC resorts are easier to book at the 7 month window versus which are far more challenging to find available? I imagine this could change as the year progresses or the room size.

Easiest: OKW, Saratoga, AKV

Realistically, it also depends on room size and season. A Poly studio isn't too hard most of the year but can be tough in Fall Frenzy. AKV Club is walking and home resort. BLT Standard and BWV Standard are home resort only with walking in some seasons. VGC is the smallest resort and is tough at 7 months. CCV has studio issues much of the year.

Everything else is kind of in-between, with special asterisks for season and unit.

Also need to know if you are WDW focused or Disneyland. Room size and points willing to spend also is good to know.

When those details are not shared I default to studios at WDW as that's likely what is most popular but you never know.... :)

For instance, Aulani is difficult at 7 months for many unit types in early June, and you should never assume Standard availability at 7.

I have a booking question. Is it possible to see how many of a particular room category are available at any resort. For example, I currently see two consecutive dates available at the Poly, but I need two of these category of room for the same two nights. Do I have to book the first and just hope it is still available for the second room or is there a way to tell?

I have a booking question. Is it possible to see how many of a particular room category are available at any resort. For example, I currently see two consecutive dates available at the Poly, but I need two of these category of room for the same two nights. Do I have to book the first and just hope it is still available for the second room or is there a way to tell?

There is a way to access that info using developer tools…I just don’t ever remember how to do it.

A call to MS can give you that info…or you do like you say…book one and go back to see if another is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter