Beauty and the Beast Movie Review

Kevin Powers

Mouseketeer
With the Review Embargo just lifted early this morning, reviews should start to pour in as the day goes on! Here is the first one that is a very positive review of the movie! Bonus for being spoiler free!
Who else can't wait for March 17th?! Who's seeing it opening weekend?! When you have seen the movie, let everyone know how it is in a reply to this thread!
<3 <3 <3

Currently 73% at Rotten Tomatoes (35 Fresh, 13 Rotten). Honestly, I figured it would be a bit higher.

It is on a downward trend and currently coming in at 68%. Surprised although I am struggling with the casting of Belle but still looking forward to it. We will see.

I haven't read any of the reviews yet, but it looks amazing. Please let it live up to the previews!

I think regardless of the reviews, I would delve into this and compare to how the animated film is. I've been waiting on this movie for a while.

I have an tendency not to put too much into a critics opinion, unless it is over the top negative.

Their job is to critique, and so they will often find flaws that most would not notice or care about, so I'll make my own decision.

I've had many films I have loved that critics hated, or hated when they came out and later changed their tune on.

"It's a Wonderful Life" opened to mixed reviews, yet has stood the test of time, and has become critically acclaimed by modern critics, for example.

"It's a Wonderful Life" opened to mixed reviews, yet has stood the test of time, and has become critically acclaimed by modern critics, for example.
I recently read that Citizen Kane did not have good reviews at first, and now it is considered to be one of the best movies ever made. But, I have never actually seen it, so I don't really know.
All that being said, the 91 film is my all time favorite Disney movie, and I already have my tickets for Saturday night purchased. DW and I will be celebrating our anniversary that night, and we are looking forward to it.

I recently read that Citizen Kane did not have good reviews at first, and now it is considered to be one of the best movies ever made. But, I have never actually seen it, so I don't really know.
All that being said, the 91 film is my all time favorite Disney movie, and I already have my tickets for Saturday night purchased. DW and I will be celebrating our anniversary that night, and we are looking forward to it.
That is true. Many movies that are now considered classics were not well received, and have gone on to become the top movies of all time.

As for the 91 version, that is my all time favorite Disney movie as well. I'm sure I'll love this one as well, just in a different way.

Now at 67% on RT.

Who would have thought two weeks ago that the other beast, Kong would rank higher than Beauty's?

I'm holding out till I see the movie. From the previews I'm not liking the beast all that much. I hope the character will have all the charm, and lightheartedness the cartoon beast has. I'm not getting that from first impression...hoping I'm wrong.

I received a petition today that's making the rounds asking Disney to remove the homosexual scene/reference.

You can find it on the Disnews and updates section on the right of the page. It first appeared maybe 10 days ago. A thread on this topic has already been closed.

Maybe these same individuals sending around the petition about removing the homosexual reference ought to send one around to eliminate all shows of affection between all types of couples.

I mean, if people are so concerned because they may have to answer a question about it from a child, then clearly that child is aware enough to question all types of affection.

As a teacher, I have seen students react negatively to any type of kissing or affection between opposite genders, so why not be fair and balanced, instead of wanting things to be the way they were 100 years ago.

Maybe we should ask Disney to block out the dance scene from the 1961 Parent Trap, since the way the actors are dancing is sexually suggestive. I mean, in 1956 Elvis was shown from the waist up on Ed Sullivan due to the inappropriate dancing, so Disney needs to get rid of that scene.

It's appalling that we live in a society that still cannot handle this topic. It's pathetic.

Complaints aside, I'm very excited to see this. I don't believe Emma Watson was the best choice for the lead as Belle, but I just listened to the soundtrack and it gave me Goosebumps.

I wish people would accept what they cannot. I just don't understand why there is so much hate and blind judgment. It's just awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter