Barcelona to Southampton, July 2024

so we are now a party of 5 and booked today the national coach for only 100 pounds for the 5 of us to Heathrow... Disney was like 3-x as much crazy ( they quoted us 225 for 3 people). I reserved seats too on the bus.. I figure I can live without the convience of DCL picking up at port and paying a cab or walking the 10 mintes to the bus station.

so we are now a party of 5 and booked today the national coach for only 100 pounds for the 5 of us to Heathrow... Disney was like 3-x as much crazy ( they quoted us 225 for 3 people). I reserved seats too on the bus.. I figure I can live without the convience of DCL picking up at port and paying a cab or walking the 10 mintes to the bus station.

The savings sounds wonderful. I watch a cruise YouTuber, Emma, who recommends National Express. She presents cruise options that are more affordable.

And that ends completes the logistics side of pre-planning? It’s often a feeling of relief.

The savings sounds wonderful. I watch a cruise YouTuber, Emma, who recommends National Express. She presents cruise options that are more affordable.

And that ends completes the logistics side of pre-planning? It’s often a feeling of relief.
Yeah, that was the most stressful of the planning. Since port to where we need to go not a simple taxi ride I got hotels booked in Barcelona and will just taxi from A to B. We were on the fence do we stay longer in England or not but then two girlfriends from my daughter decided to join and they keep costs down We just decided to head straight home. Plus, DD and I have a Taylor Swift concert in Munich to be at on the weekend.😀 so best to get home.

Only thing I’m trying to figure out is in Vigo. Do we want to take a cab to Samil Beach. Is to get off the ship at 10 AM head to the beach a few hours come back to the boat clean up and then take my mom in town. I just been reading sometimes it’s hard getting a cab I’m pretty sure but in a few hours, I’ll be able to call one worst case we walk the 6 KM back and make it in time since the shift doesn’t leave till 8 PM anyways lol

We’re doing everything on our own so we don’t have then which excursion stress.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was the most stressful of the planning. Since poor to where we need to go not a simple taxi ride I got hotels booked in Barcelona and will just taxi from A to B. We were on the fence do we stay longer in England or not but then two girlfriends from my daughter decided to join and they keep costs down We just decided to head straight home. Plus, DD and I have a Taylor Swift concert in Munich to be at on the weekend.😀 so best to get home.

Only thing I’m trying to figure out is in Vigo. Do we want to take a cab to Samil Beach. Is to get off the ship at 10 AM head to the beach a few hours come back to the boat clean up and then take my mom in town. I just been reading sometimes it’s hard getting a cab I’m pretty sure but in a few hours, I’ll be able to call one worst case we walk the 6 KM back and make it in time since the shift doesn’t leave till 8 PM anyways lol

We’re doing everything on our own so we don’t have then which excursion stress.
A cruise and a Taylor Swift concert? You are living the high life!

Hope everyone has a great time.

Looks like Linea 10 runs from the port to the beach, leaving just before the top of the hour, taking about 28 minutes. Taxi would be about 13 minutes. So you should be able to get transportation.

IMG_7487.png

IMG_7486.png

Take a list of various taxi companies with you.

Last edited:
A cruise and a Taylor Swift concert? You are living the high life!

Hope everyone has a great time.

Looks like Linea 10 runs from the port to the beach, leaving just before the top of the hour, taking about 28 minutes. Taxi would be about 13 minutes. So you should be able to get transportation.

View attachment 859129

View attachment 859130

Take a list of various taxi companies with you.
Oh my God, thanks for finding that bus I had heard about that bus number, but when I did Google maps and put in the connection with public transport, it gave me some weird bus thing that took almost 2 hours and when I get home, I need to look at that
Taylor Swift I don’t know I hit the lotto. I got three codes for three cities and ended up getting general admission for Munich and Vienna at regular price. Very odd. Have no idea how that happened.

Oh my God, thanks for finding that bus I had heard about that bus number, but when I did Google maps and put in the connection with public transport, it gave me some weird bus thing that took almost 2 hours and when I get home, I need to look at that
Taylor Swift I don’t know I hit the lotto. I got three codes for three cities and ended up getting general admission for Munich and Vienna at regular price. Very odd. Have no idea how that happened.
I read about it as an option on Road2Rio. They have info for lots of destinations. Then I double check or go deeper, using their info as a starting point.

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Puerto-de-Vigo/Samil-Beach

IMG_7489.png

The info with the bus info in my prior post was the website for the bus in Vigo. I got the general concept, but would advise you to look more closely to determine timetables/ pick up times based on your needs.

Google maps was showing that 1.5 hour bus option, with transfers. And yet, their map happened to show bus Line/Route 10 when I looked at the beach area. I was prepared to say, just get a taxi. But €2 of less pp, OW, may be worth the little extra time Bus 10 is over taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter