Adventure Ocean

MickeyMouse718

Earning My Ears
When looking at Adventure Ocean for the new ships (Icon and Star), it seems like the 6-8 and 9-12 age groups are combined in AO Kids. Is this correct? Is there only one room for 6-12 year olds now? Is this the way all Royal ships are moving with changes coming to the older ships?

It also seems like there has been a decrease in organized programming with the spaces more just being a place for kids to hang out? Our kids always loved the activities they had and went more for the activities than the babysitting aspect.

We are only familiar with Royal and DCL so don’t know how this change compares to other cruise lines. DCL has always seemed ok with the combined age groups because of the themed play areas but interested to hear of people’s experience with the new Royal system. It just seems like there would be such a difference between 6 and 12 year olds in terms of interests and maturity.

We were on Voyager of the Seas in March and even though it did not specify this anywhere prior to the cruise the older kids were all combined I believe ages 6-12. My kids (7, 9, and 11) were all in the same group. They had one small area for little kids (3-5, maybe?) that I saw a kid in like once that was connected to the larger room they were using for the other kids so I don't really see how they could have divided it further (i.e. having a 6-8 group and a 9-12 group). Honestly whenever I asked my kids about what they did they were usually playing gaga ball or a game my middle called "quiet ball"--I told her that sounded like a trick to get kids to be quiet and not a real game and she agreed. So while generally I think 6 year olds and 12 year olds have different interests, I feel like AO did a fine job with the large age range. I know they also did a craft one day, but I think only my younger two did the craft and my 11 year old played games. So I'm thinking that there are at least times when a variety of activities are offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter