Banked points on Resale contract?

Kailani6

Mouseketeer
Hello, I'm hoping someone can help confirm I understand this correctly. Looking to possibly buy a 150 point resale contract with an April UY with the below available points left on the contract.

I'm thinking I can use the 150 points it looks like they banked to UY24 for a trip in October 2024 and then I would bank the remaining UY24 points to UY25 and use a total of 300 points for a trip in May 2025?

Does that make sense?

Available points on Resale contract:
23-0
24-300
25-150

Thank you! This is just starting to make sense and I've been studying for a while!

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help confirm I understand this correctly. Looking to possibly buy a 150 point resale contract with an April UY with the below available points left on the contract.

I'm thinking I can use the 150 points it looks like they banked to UY24 for a trip in October 2024 and then I would bank the remaining UY24 points to UY25 and use a total of 300 points for a trip in May 2025?

Does that make sense?

23-0
24-300
25-150

Thank you! This is just starting to make sense and I've been studying for a while!
Yep that sounds right to me! Just remember any UY23 points that are currently banked into 2024 that you don’t use will expire by March 31st 2025. If you don’t want to use any of the UY24 point and want to bank them all into 2025 so you have 300 points then, I’d recommend having your trip be just over 150 points and buying some one-time-use points for your October trip since you can buy up to 24 within the 7mo window….unless you have a lot of points left over and can sell/rent them out, ymmv :)

Does that make sense?

23-0
24-300
25-150

I would not wait to bank your 2024 points before making your May 2025 reservation. go make the reservation (when it's time) and borrow the 2024 points needed into 2025 to make sure you can secure the reservation. don't forget the last day to bank any remaining 2024 points will be November 30, 2024 (if you have extra). Once those are banked, you can reconfigure the points you are using for the May 2025 reservation to use up any banked 2024 points and free up the 2025 points to be bankable (as long as you do that 31+days prior to your stay).

I would not wait to bank your 2024 points before making your May 2025 reservation. go make the reservation (when it's time) and borrow the 2024 points needed into 2025 to make sure you can secure the reservation. don't forget the last day to bank any remaining 2024 points will be November 30, 2024 (if you have extra). Once those are banked, you can reconfigure the points you are using for the May 2025 reservation to use up any banked 2024 points and free up the 2025 points to be bankable (as long as you do that 31+days prior to your stay).
I would just add that if you haven't actually purchased the resale contract yet, it could be late June, early July before the points are actually loaded and able to use...could be slim pickings for a Sept trip at that point (depending on the resort).

Yep that sounds right to me! Just remember any UY23 points that are currently banked into 2024 that you don’t use will expire by March 31st 2025. If you don’t want to use any of the UY24 point and want to bank them all into 2025 so you have 300 points then, I’d recommend having your trip be just over 150 points and buying some one-time-use points for your October trip since you can buy up to 24 within the 7mo window….unless you have a lot of points left over and can sell/rent them out, ymmv :)
Thank you! It's good to get confirmation that what I thought was accurate.

Thank you! It was all hypothetical on a contract I was thinking of buying and of course missed out on because I thought about it too long...

I would just add that if you haven't actually purchased the resale contract yet, it could be late June, early July before the points are actually loaded and able to use...could be slim pickings for a Sept trip at that point (depending on the resort).
Thank you, was thinking about that as well and was OK with a random resort for a quick trip in October. Just made an offer on a smaller contract today with a use year I wanted but no points to use this year so back to the drawing board with my planning

Thank you, was thinking about that as well and was OK with a random resort for a quick trip in October. Just made an offer on a smaller contract today with a use year I wanted but no points to use this year so back to the drawing board with my planning
Not to insult your DVC knowledge, but Oct is during peak DVC booking time (the fall frenzy). There are already very limited choices for booking in Oct. By the time you had these points available to book with, "random resort" would be SSR, if you are lucky. Even SSR studios are already not available for some nights in Oct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter