Balancing Parks, Rest and Birthdays! A July 2023 Trip Report

Day One! FINALLY TRON!!!

So, first a quick back story info... Morgan has developed a solid fear of heights. And the combo of how high up Iron is and the fact that you are lying down had Morgan very nervous about riding. Andy had had 2 back surgeries, the second one fusing 2 of his spine joints together. So, he is fine but slightly less bendy than some folks. So, he was worried about the positioning of the ride. Gwen and I we were fine... We were ready to go! Ha!

We left Pecos Bills a little after 11:30 and headed to Tomorrowland.
Tomorrowland

We stopped and got a photopass photo out front.
Tron Photopass
There was luckily only 1 group in front of us, so it was quick. Morgan didn't want to stop, she wanted to "Just get it over with"

It was exciting to be walking up to the new area.
Tron

We made it up to Tron. We got in the LL and I was now really glad that had it cause the line was outside and it was now HOT out.
Tron Entry

Tron Hallway
Walking in Morgan was super nervous and she swore she was going to throw up. Ugh I hoped not!

Tron Hallway

The wait wasn’t too long but it felt like an eternity to Morgan.
Tron Room
The room where the digitize you is a great effect, and when we had our big reveal, there was a set of people taking off which made it even cooler.

Tron Warnings
Andy joked that he was half of the things they are warning against on the sign.

We put our stuff in the lockers, which is a brilliant system and I kind of wish they did this one a few more rides. They even have a place to scan your band, so if you don't remember your locker number, it will tell you. Which I was thankful for, Morgan is our memory person but we was distracted today!

Tron LIne
After you got your items in a locker, you get sent to a long runway into the main area. So, more waiting.

Tron Que
We were ready and waiting!

https://flic.kr/p/2oZQ7n6]Tron Selfie[/url]
Morgan very not sure about this ride.. We were safely in the middle, which was probably perfect for our first rime and for Morgan.

Andy & Morgan Tron

Andy and Morgan Ride Photo
Did they like it?!?! Andy said it was smoother than thought and said it really wasn't too bad on his back. Morgan did not throw up but said it was a thumbs down for her.

Gwen and Ariella Ride Photo

Gwen and Ariella Ride Photo
Gwen and I loved the ride. Gwen did saw the usual, it's too short. I actually thought it was longer than expects, probably since i had been listening to everyone say how short it was. I loved it and was hoping to get everyone to ride one more time this trip but more on that later in the trip!

So, 2 Thumbs Up, 1 middle of the road and 1 Thumbs Down.

We got our bags and headed out. Which by the way, Andy uses a regular back pack for parks and he was able to get it in a locker. It was tight but he was able to.

Tron Bike
We were done by 12:15, so all said and done, it took us about half an hour to wait in line, and ride.

I asked Morgan if she could stomach riding the people mover. And she said she could as long as the wait wasn’t long. Which it wasn’t!
People Mover

Ride People mover
People Mover Andy and Gwen

People Mover_Morgan & Me
It was a good relaxing ride after the intensity of Tron

Untitled

Untitled
And then we realized... Space Mountain was down and the lights were on!!! This might have been Morgan's highlight of the day!

Untitled

Untitled
It is crazy to look at! It's just stuff everywhere!!!

Untitled
I love this lady! It looks like a nightmare of a future for hair care!

Untitled
Our view of Tomorrowland, Sundays in Magic Kingdom are great!! Highly recommend!!!

Untitled
After our ride around on the people mover, it was time to head out of the park. It was about 12:30 not.

Purple Wall Pit stop
Gwen Purple Wall

Gwen Purple Wall

Ariella Purple Wall
Me trying to be cool and hit. But I am just a sweaty mess instead.

Ariella Purple Wall

Love Wall

Gwen Love Wall
Gwen loved the Pride Rainbow wall.

After the photo session, it was straight out of the park. Morgan said NO MORE Stops!
Main Street

to the bus
We were at the bus stop around 12:45 and didn’t wait long for a bus. But Jamaca was 5th stop on the way back, so it took a little bit but was worth riding instead of walking!
Between waiting for the bus and the ride, we were back in our room by 1:30.

Caribean Beach Rooms
We all rested, showered, napped, swam, watched YouTube videos...

Up next Dinner and awesome luck in Hollywood Studios!

Congrats!!!
Thanks! We are so proud of them all. they really work hard for this! More than you would think for band.

Where are the people? This is usually the bottleneck area.
I know!! It was an amazing feeling just to be so open! It didn't stay that way, for sure..

Love the Cheeseburger Eggrolls. I haven't had the Ham & Cheese.
I think the Ham and Cheese ones are gone. They were good not amazing. I wish they would bring back the buffalo chicken ones, those were my personal favorite.

Congrats to your band and good luck tomorrow!
Thank You!!! It is nice for them to see how hard work can pay off.

I'm sorry, I don't know how to quote just this little piece in your last posting!

"We were able to have the driver pick us up at the Jamaica roundabout. Which again was really nice! We had almost no walk to and from the round about."

I'm hoping to stay in Jamaica next year when we go to CBR. I have read conflicting reports about getting picked up near your village vs. walking to Old Port Royale. But it looks like the Jamaica pick up worked for you.

Can I ask, how did you note that in your instructions to the driver?

Great report so far, thank you!

'm hoping to stay in Jamaica next year when we go to CBR. I have read conflicting reports about getting picked up near your village vs. walking to Old Port Royale. But it looks like the Jamaica pick up worked for you.

Can I ask, how did you note that in your instructions to the driver?
My husband does it on his phone, but I am pretty sure it was an option in the app. I think he had 2 or 3 options for Caribbean Beach. I don't think he had add anything special... Maybe they added it and allow it since the Skyliner is so close to Jamacia? The round about is right next to it?

I know you used to not be able to do anywhere but the front. So, it was a nice suprise!

Which side to you look at when you first go in? I always look at the French Girls doing the can can. This time i noticed these guys on the other side up high.

Because I have a soft spot for England, I always look at Big Ben.

i love this show, I think it is underrated.

Agreed! I love that they updated it with the Coco scenes, too.

Lunch hit the spot and getting into air conditioning was just what we needed.

Smart idea to grab a few things from several places and find some air conditioning to sit down in!

They won!!!!! They are 2 Open State Champs!!!

Congratulations to Morgan and the rest of the students!!!

As we had to take Morgan into Philly to her first college Fair for Art Schools!

A college fair. :eek: Dang, I can't believe how grown up your girls have become.

The room where the digitize you is a great effect,

It's really cool!

I loved it and was hoping to get everyone to ride one more time this trip but more on that later in the trip!

I'm glad Morgan faced her fear and tried Tron, and I'm relieved it didn't hurt Andy's back. Curious to see what the verdict is on anyone/everyone riding it again.

Joining in! Congrats to Morgan and her team! They should be so proud especially after the scare they had right before going on! I hope the kid who passed out is ok!

My husband does it on his phone, but I am pretty sure it was an option in the app. I think he had 2 or 3 options for Caribbean Beach. I don't think he had add anything special... Maybe they added it and allow it since the Skyliner is so close to Jamacia? The round about is right next to it?

I know you used to not be able to do anywhere but the front. So, it was a nice suprise!
thank you!!

Great report so far! Congrats on the state win! Very exciting!

Where did you get the Oswald shirts? He is my favorite and I would love to get a few shirts before our next trip!

They won!!!!! They are 2 Open State Champs!!!

:jumping1: Congratulations!

They have one competition left! This Sunday is Atlantic Coast Championships in Hersey, PA. They are in a good place to win it all but like everything, you just never know!

Good Luck!!! I'm sure they will do great.

After the competition, the parents had a trunk or treat for the kids. We did a Pool Party trunk

This is looks so fun!

Walking in Morgan was super nervous and she swore she was going to throw up. Ugh I hoped not!
Oh dear! I'm proud of her for staying in the line and riding.

We put our stuff in the lockers, which is a brilliant system

I like the lockers too.

Morgan did not throw up but said it was a thumbs down for her.

Good news, bad news.

Gwen and I loved the ride.

I love the take off!

After the photo session, it was straight out of the park. Morgan said NO MORE Stops!

We have trouble getting out of the park too. It's just too easy to stop for one more thing.

Just checking in to say I'm enjoying following along on your family fun! Congrats to your DD - I LOVE to hear marching bands. My favorite part of any parade.

Real Life Update! They won!!!!! They are 2 Open State Champs!!!
Woohoo! Congratulations!
Unfortantly, we could just relax on Sunday. As we had to take Morgan into Philly to her first college Fair for Art Schools! It was crazy busy!!! But there was probably 50 schools there, and since Morgan is only a Sophmore, we just walked around and grabbed brochures and talked about things like what type of schools they are and where are. Just to get her thinking about what she may want.
So exciting! How is Morgan old enough already to be thinking about university?
So, first a quick back story info... Morgan has developed a solid fear of heights. And the combo of how high up Iron is and the fact that you are lying down had Morgan very nervous about riding. Andy had had 2 back surgeries, the second one fusing 2 of his spine joints together. So, he is fine but slightly less bendy than some folks. So, he was worried about the positioning of the ride. Gwen and I we were fine... We were ready to go! Ha!
Oh gosh! Poor Morgan!
Gwen and I loved the ride. Gwen did saw the usual, it's too short. I actually thought it was longer than expects, probably since i had been listening to everyone say how short it was. I loved it and was hoping to get everyone to ride one more time this trip but more on that later in the trip!
I loved it too.
It was a good relaxing ride after the intensity of Tron
People Mover is always the best!
Between waiting for the bus and the ride, we were back in our room by 1:30.
My kind of park day! Love an early morning with a relaxing afternoon break. :)

Yay! Congrats to Morgan and her team on the win!

I love that you and Gwen are making the exact same face in your Tron picture! I wish the outside part of the ride was longer because that's my favorite!

Agreed! I love that they updated it with the Coco scenes, too.
I wish they would do more updates. Seems like an easier one to add scenes to. I know that easy but you already have the animations and stuff!

A college fair. :eek: Dang, I can't believe how grown up your girls have become.
Right!?!? It was a good starting to get her to think about her options. Next year we will need to be more serious. BUt crazy how time goes by.

oining in! Congrats to Morgan and her team! They should be so proud especially after the scare they had right before going on! I hope the kid who passed out is ok!
Welcome!!!! Thanks for following along. The girl is fine, thankfully. She was able to join everyone for trunk or treat and perform yesterday.

Where did you get the Oswald shirts?
They all came from teepublic.com They have tons and tons of designs by independent artists. Just search by Oswald or disney. The search engine is a little wonky because the artist pick the keywords. But you can find all kinds of Disney goodies.

Good news, bad news
Right! I was really hoping she would have liked it more. But that is ok. She tried it.

Just checking in to say I'm enjoying following along on your family fun! Congrats to your DD - I LOVE to hear marching bands. My favorite part of any parade.
Ironically parades and Morgans least favorite part of march band. They do the memorial day parade for 2 towns and it;s a long day. But she loves it otherwise!

Oh my goodness, you and Gwen look like twin sisters in that photo from Tron!
She is totally your mini me
She is! And she actually doesn't mind wearing the same clothes with me! Ha aka our match spirit jerseys...

So exciting! How is Morgan old enough already to be thinking about university?
I know!!!! Where did my little babies go!?!?

People Mover is always the best!
So relaxing in the middle of the day. I would really be sad if they got rid of it.

My kind of park day! Love an early morning with a relaxing afternoon break.
This is a theme of this trip! It was so hot, we needed it!

I love that you and Gwen are making the exact same face in your Tron picture! I wish the outside part of the ride was longer because that's my favorite!
The outside area def could have been longer. It was so smooth!

Following! Thank you for posting!!!
Welcome, thanks for following along!!!

Hi Ariella! Just popping in to say that I'm reading along! We were at WDW in July as well for my bachelorette and the heat was INSANITY. Unlike anything I've ever experienced- we had fun but it really was exhausting!! Happy Thanksgiving and tell the girls hi- hope our trips line up again soon!!! :)

Hello Everyone!!!

Happy Early Thanksgiving!!!

Life has been a bit crazy! Last I updated we were headed into Atlantic Coast Championships. I am happy to report.....

They WON!!!! They are Atlantic Coast Champions!!!! It was a nerve racking day but amazing!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Work got SUPER crazy and I worked 10 hours a day for a week straight. aka - No time for posts.

We had Halloween...
Untitled

My mom went to the hospital for a "routine" UTI / Sepsis visit. Where the nursing home "lost" my mother's phone and ipad. And I spent a day watching the location of it move around the nursing home...
Untitled
Both were found and my mother is back from the hospital and back to her "normal"

I then proceeded to get a head cold that just wouldn't go away. I spent the last week miserable. But thankfully just starting to feel a little like myself.

And to top it off, this weekend Gwen had 8th grade roller skating party, Morgan had end of marching band season bowling party and a birthday party at dave and busters! And Gwen put the icing on the cake, with principal honor roll for the 1st marking period!
Untitled
So we got milk shakes to celebrate after dinner tonight.

I am tired just typing all of the things! Weirdly, going into Thanksgiving weekend seems less crazy than the last few weeks!

I will be back to post in a few days once Thanksgiving settles. We have my sisters and family coming over for Thanksgiving. And then Andy's family on Saturday for a Tree Trimming Celebration.

I hope everyone has a great holiday, whoever you celebrate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter