B Resort – Disney Springs Hotel vs Holiday Inn Disney Springs

Ckelley32873

Earning My Ears
So I had booked a room at the B Resort for a holiday trip and have a pretty great rate using mouse savers that waived the resort fees . However after looking it seems like the reviews lately are not that good. I still see it listed as a preffered by travelers and sites but wanted opinions of people who have stayed there? I am comparing it with the Holiday Inn which would be more than double what I have. It is just two of us, no kids - just needing a good place to sleep and have Disney perks.

Thanks

I haven’t stayed there since 2018, but found it pretty good overall. Getting the fees waived is great! I’d stay there over Holiday Inn. It’s an older resort that’s been modernized, like many on Hotel Plaza Blvd. Our room had a shower only. IDK if that makes a difference to you. The pool area is nice.

I just stayed at the B in May. It was awful. The room was dirty as was the entire hotel. They have let it go. The air conditioner didn't work and when I asked about it I was told it was old AC and I got what I got. Our room never went under 78. I went to a different room to check, and the AC was the same. I believe they had the chiller turned down to save money. (My husband does HVAC for a living) Also very little hot water. The pool never had towels, and was dirty. When I asked for a second time after two hours of waiting, I was told rudely, it takes awhile to wash them. Well, if you charge a service fee, then you should supply what you advertise. (I don't care if you get it waved or not) I would not stay there again and also booked it based off it being recommended by mouse savers. It's obvious they need to stay there again in the recent, if they did it would be removed. Even my 21 yr old son wasn't impressed and normally he could care less. Since that trip we booked the Wyndham lake Buena Disney , (twice) and while the rooms are dated and smaller, they have redone them and it was clean and much closer to downtown. The front desk staff treated us so much better, not times. They ever offered us a slice of pizza when it was 2am and our order never showed. Just nice people. The pool area was much better, cleaner and plenty of towels. I would not stay at the B. I found the recent reviews matched my experience. There were plenty of people around the pool complaining two. One family had bought towels from the store since there were never any available. Wish I had read them first, it was a last min trip and I booked based off mouse savers. Lesson learned.

I just stayed at the B in May. It was awful. The room was dirty as was the entire hotel. They have let it go. The air conditioner didn't work and when I asked about it I was told it was old AC and I got what I got. Our room never went under 78. I went to a different room to check, and the AC was the same. I believe they had the chiller turned down to save money. (My husband does HVAC for a living) Also very little hot water. The pool never had towels, and was dirty. When I asked for a second time after two hours of waiting, I was told rudely, it takes awhile to wash them. Well, if you charge a service fee, then you should supply what you advertise. (I don't care if you get it waved or not) I would not stay there again and also booked it based off it being recommended by mouse savers. It's obvious they need to stay there again in the recent, if they did it would be removed. Even my 21 yr old son wasn't impressed and normally he could care less. Since that trip we booked the Wyndham lake Buena Disney , (twice) and while the rooms are dated and smaller, they have redone them and it was clean and much closer to downtown. The front desk staff treated us so much better, not times. They ever offered us a slice of pizza when it was 2am and our order never showed. Just nice people. The pool area was much better, cleaner and plenty of towels. I would not stay at the B. I found the recent reviews matched my experience. There were plenty of people around the pool complaining two. One family had bought towels from the store since there were never any available. Wish I had read them first, it was a last min trip and I booked based off mouse savers. Lesson learned.
Oh no, that’s horrible! I can’t believe there weren’t even adequate towels! I’m taking them off of my list. Good to know about Wyndham Lake! I like the Hilton Disney Springs, too.

Stayed there a couple years ago for a night before checking in to Disney villa. It was just gross. Seems fine when you walk in (except the sickeningly sweet fragrance pumped into the lobby), but our rooms were old and just not appealing at all. The pull out couch in our daughter's room was beyond gross, and she had to order another set of sheets to cover the area before making up the bed. To their credit, the bathrooms were clean. We, too, got a 'deal', but will never stay there again unless a complete reno is done.

Before COVID we booked the B with a discount from one of the newsletters. I had to call about something and the girl at the newsletter actually told me that they could not recommend the hotel and she thought I would be happier booking elsewhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter