Avatar Flight of Passage vs Slinky Dog Dash

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Mouseketeer
flight-of-passage-in-ride-16x9.jpg

toy-story-slinky-dog-ride-16x9.jpg

I wasn’t all that impressed with FOP. I was uncomfortable so I think that’s probably why. My legs and feet were smashed and i felt like I was going to get a cramp in my calf the entire time. I’m not that tall either, 6’2 with size 14 shoes made it difficult though. I’m also fat but didn’t have much of an issue with that as far as comfort goes.

SDD is actually surprisingly fun for a kids kind of coaster.

Slinky, even if it's a "family coaster," is a lot more enjoyable for me than FOP.

Most of the FOP experience is really unpleasant, from the endless queue (even with a FP/ILL/whatever they're calling it these days) to the protracted "pre-show" (i.e., rest of the queue). The 2-minute ride itself (awkward vehicles notwithstanding) is good, but not at-least-45-minutes-of-my-park-day good.

For the record, I GOTG:CR suffers from the same, but the ride itself is so great I'll put up with all that other fol-de-rol of the endless queue/pre-show.

This isn't really a fair comparison - but that's all right! SDD is a fun coaster. FOP is one of our all-time favorite event attractions - nothing like it. Not even close..... Then again, there are few things you'd put on a survey opposite FOP that would have us not voting FOP.

Given the choice, I would do SDD. It's just good old fashioned fun. BUT, we usually do FOP every trip because the family loves it.

Slinky Dog Dash is a fun coaster and very smooth. It gets very close to a thrill coaster but not quite, so it is great for almost everyone.

Flight of Passage is amazing and lasts 4 minutes which is exceptional when compared to most "rides". It is very unique.

I voted for Flight of Passage.

I went against the grain and voted SDD.

FoP is very cool, my DS just loves "flying dragon" and the first time he rode was magical. It really is good, but it's a 3D Soarin' ride that has all the bells and whistles of a cool queue and preshow to get you ready. It is thrill on a whole new level.

SDD is a coaster, one I was not excited for, well the whole land is quite cookie cutter with lots of fun props. The coaster ended up much better than I expected and DS loves it too. He asks many times to make sure we ride "slinky dog" and when we do he is grinning ear to ear the whole ride.

I voted based on his smile and face and excitement. He loves them both, even with a severe fear of heights, but Slinky makes him happy! 🙂

I voted FOP, for actual ride experience, but I don't necessarily enjoy the IP (never seen the movie). I do love Slinky dog and all of toy story and it'll always have a special place in my heart as my son's first roller coaster and it's our ride together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter