April 2024 WISH Thread - Bring on the Sunshine! ☀️

Today I am having my normal routine with a couple of extras - started at church and then lunch and my moms. Stopped by the grocery store to get a watermelon to take to my MIL's for dinner. I've got it cut and it is so sweet and yummy!

We just got done marking the yard for where we want the 7 trees that we bought yesterday planted. The utility company is coming by sometime between tomorrow and Wednesday to mark their lines, so we had to get it done. I'm excited to get some trees on our lot. We built 2 years ago and have a nice lawn and landscape (up by the house), but it will be nice to have some trees in the yard too!

The latest new facial cleanser I ordered came yesterday and I love it. I also love the haircut and color I got yesterday. I kept telling her "cut more, cut more" and it ended up pretty short, which I haven't had for a while, and it feels great. The color is silver with a touch of lavender, exactly what I wanted.

The weather is fabulous today, almost warm and the meadows are starting to bloom. I've been running around and not doing a lot of chores, partly because my back is sore but partly because I just don't want to. The new plant light/shelf unit just came so I will tackle setting it up. And after four trips to the grocery store I finally remembered to get nail polish, so I will clean up my toes this evening... it could have been a sandals day today if they didn't look so nasty.

Happy Monday Everyone!!!!

It’s so hard to believe that it’s halfway through the month!!!

I am doing ok with my goals-my steps and activity are definitely up, which is good!!!

I am motivated this week to move as much as possible before days and days of rain start! Looks like today and tomorrow will be the only non rain days…hopefully that changes!!!

Enjoy your Monday everyone!!

How are you tracking to your goals? (do you remember what they are?)
I participate in the Exercise Thread here on the W.I.S.H. board, so I log my minutes there.

What will motivate you this week to make progress towards your healthy living goals?
It's school vacation week here, so I have my neighbor (a kindergarten teacher) to walk with. 😃

Happy Monday! I can't believe April is half way over!

I've been doing pretty good with my goals. I've been tracking most days and when I'm not it's because I know I'm under my calorie goal (I know it's still a bad habit to get into though)!

My motivation is that we booked a weekend trip for Memorial Day weekend and I'd like to be down to the next tens place on my weight. That means I've got around 8 pounds to lose. I should be able to do it - that's about 1.5 pounds per week, but I'm definitely a slower loser now than I was when I was younger lol!

That "do you even remember them" was for me, as I've done nothing to move towards what I set out for myself this month. Ugh. I do feel like I'm starting to come back to myself and energy levels and attitude are in a much better place, so no excuses for not making the rest of the month a success.

Building the plant shelf last night was more of an ordeal that it really should have been. I bought a shelf style I've put together before so it should have been a snap, but I did just about everything wrong. But I didn't quit even tho I had to completely rebuild it when I put in the last shelf and finally realized what is wrong. So that is the motivation I'm putting into this week... keep going and fix what needs to be fixed when you first realize it needs to be fixed, don't set it aside thinking you'll come back to it, just get it done.

Happy Monday (Tax Day). I just realized I don't think I paid my city taxes so I am on hold with them because I can't log into my account. I also had to get on and pay my daughters federal taxes. She is paying but I am helping her to figure the process. Her work is a 1099 so no taxes come out of her pay.

We got some interesting info about DD's health. She had a migraine from Wednesday until Sunday. It was pretty bad. I took her to the doctor on Friday for it and they asked what we were doing for her low IgA (immunoglobin A). We didn't know anything about it. So with doing my research on this having low IgA affects the mucus lining of the raspatory track, digestive track and your eyes. You can get more infections like sinuses, GI track and Pink eye. Also, you are at a higher risk of Autoimmune diseases. This could explain all of the pick eye infections she got a kids, the non-allergic rhinitis (all the symptoms of allergies without being allergic to anything) and the asthma that they can't seem to test positive at the office for but has all the signs of. It could also explain her digestive issues. I am waiting to hear back from the doctor about this since I didn't think of it while in the office. I have felt for years that there is an underlying cause for all of her issues and we might have just found it. Good news is that it is nothing major. The bad news is there is nothing you can do to fix it. Just treat the symptoms. It is genetic so this also could explain the issues I have and so many others on my mom's side of the family. Lots of us have digestive issues and sinus issues. Also, all put one of my mom's siblings (she is one of 5) have an autoimmune disease. So just a piece of the puzzle that is my DD. Everything that she has is genetic and we never knew about any of them until her.

Happy Monday (Tax Day). I just realized I don't think I paid my city taxes so I am on hold with them because I can't log into my account. I also had to get on and pay my daughters federal taxes. She is paying but I am helping her to figure the process. Her work is a 1099 so no taxes come out of her pay.

We got some interesting info about DD's health. She had a migraine from Wednesday until Sunday. It was pretty bad. I took her to the doctor on Friday for it and they asked what we were doing for her low IgA (immunoglobin A). We didn't know anything about it. So with doing my research on this having low IgA affects the mucus lining of the raspatory track, digestive track and your eyes. You can get more infections like sinuses, GI track and Pink eye. Also, you are at a higher risk of Autoimmune diseases. This could explain all of the pick eye infections she got a kids, the non-allergic rhinitis (all the symptoms of allergies without being allergic to anything) and the asthma that they can't seem to test positive at the office for but has all the signs of. It could also explain her digestive issues. I am waiting to hear back from the doctor about this since I didn't think of it while in the office. I have felt for years that there is an underlying cause for all of her issues and we might have just found it. Good news is that it is nothing major. The bad news is there is nothing you can do to fix it. Just treat the symptoms. It is genetic so this also could explain the issues I have and so many others on my mom's side of the family. Lots of us have digestive issues and sinus issues. Also, all put one of my mom's siblings (she is one of 5) have an autoimmune disease. So just a piece of the puzzle that is my DD. Everything that she has is genetic and we never knew about any of them until her.
Wow, what of a huge piece of the puzzle!

Been doing ok with my lunch goals of soup/salad. Today through much serendipity I ended up at the red Sox game with a few co-workers. The game was eh but being in Boston on marathon day was amazing...such high energy all around. And since we walked between the t and fenway both ways got lots of steps in. And I didn't overindulge in the suite food so a win there.
And Gronk threw the first pitch...over rather spiked it which was the highlight of my day.
20240415_110214.jpg

TUESDAY TOPIC: FIRSTS

1713232159835.png

“Firsts” as a topic for today is inspired by one of my favorite décor/creativity bloggers Miss Mustard Seed, who recently wrote about mowing the lawn for the first time and how important continually having first is.

In her post she mentions that ‘firsts’ don’t have to be adventurous or dangerous BIG things, they can be simple everyday things you just haven’t done before. Intentionally doing new things keeps us curious and forces us to get out of our comfort zone, and to humble ourselves by being a beginner again. It also leads us to be observant, teachable and to be willing to ask questions.

What is a “first” you have recently done, and how did it go?
Are there any new things you would like to try for the first time?
When it comes to healthy living, are there any new things you’ve recently done for the first time or want to try, to help improve your health?

I love the idea of making sure you still experience "firsts" throughout your life!

I have a Disney-related one: just last month, I used Genie+ for the first time! I was kind of overwhelmed by all the changes when I was first planning the trip (hadn't been since 2018) but I was determined to approach it one bite at a time and finally a YouTube channel that helped me understand it. I was very proud of myself.

As for healthy living ones, I think I'd like to try a tai chi class someday.

I love the idea of making sure you still experience "firsts" throughout your life!

I have a Disney-related one: just last month, I used Genie+ for the first time! I was kind of overwhelmed by all the changes when I was first planning the trip (hadn't been since 2018) but I was determined to approach it one bite at a time and finally a YouTube channel that helped me understand it. I was very proud of myself.

As for healthy living ones, I think I'd like to try a tai chi class someday.
I also avoided Genie+ for several trips for feeling overwhelmed but did finally use MamFam Molly's afternoon stacking plan at DHS and got much more comfortable with it.

Been doing ok with my lunch goals of soup/salad. Today through much serendipity I ended up at the red Sox game with a few co-workers. The game was eh but being in Boston on marathon day was amazing...such high energy all around. And since we walked between the t and fenway both ways got lots of steps in. And I didn't overindulge in the suite food so a win there.
And Gronk threw the first pitch...over rather spiked it which was the highlight of my day.
View attachment 852129
What an awesome night. I am not a huge baseball fan but I love going to games. I think you played Cleveland.
What is a “first” you have recently done, and how did it go?
Are there any new things you would like to try for the first time?
When it comes to healthy living, are there any new things you’ve recently done for the first time or want to try, to help improve your health?
For my first, I made risotto for the first time last night. DH and DS loved it. It was ok for me. It is not as hard as they make it out to me on TV.

I am not big on trying new things. I like to stay in my comfort zone so nothing is coming to mind.

I think I need to try yoga. I think this would help with the pain in my hip.

What an awesome night. I am not a huge baseball fan but I love going to games. I think you played Cleveland.

For my first, I made risotto for the first time last night. DH and DS loved it. It was ok for me. It is not as hard as they make it out to me on TV.

I am not big on trying new things. I like to stay in my comfort zone so nothing is coming to mind.

I think I need to try yoga. I think this would help with the pain in my hip.
Cooking new things is a great way to have firsts.

The trip to Morocco was a BIG adventurous first. My Niece's comment about being OK with the discomfort of learning and expanding goes right along with Miss Mustard Seeds sentiments about doing firsts.

On a day-to-day level I think the art classes I take count as firsts. When learning a new art skill you have to be willing to be bad at first, which is a big lesson in humility. I'm half way thru the Pottery class and after that it'll will be watercolors, because a big part of the retreat in Scotland is watercolors and I want to have a grounding with them before I go.

For better health, actually doing what I need to do would be a first! Every time I start a new YouTube video series my body is like 'what is happening' and I feel so awkward... it is so nice when my body responds and the movements become easy and fluid.

Last edited:
Good topic - the most I can think of is new recipes. I do like doing that - since it's just DH, DS and me now, my cooking has definitely changed and I'm finally getting used to it I think. I do like trying new recipes and I started following someone's Patreon that has a lot of good recipes, so I always have new things to try.

I also like traveling new places. If we plan a trip to a new place, I feel a little overwhelmed at first trying to get an itinerary together, but after a little research, I usually feel better about what we'll be doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter