Any word or any prep work being done for new DVC cabins?

Hey @bama_ed I inquired about accessible cabins after I made my reservation online by myself. I called in because I wanted to get noted that we're bringing our service dogs etc. The only accessible they had available was for hearing or sight which isn't what we need my mom and her friend just have some mobility issues and it's just easier for her to use a walk-in shower.

But the question I have is the representative said that all of the cabins have a ramp. Is this the case? I looked at some pictures and I don't see a ramp on some of them? Could it be that those are old and ramps are new
All of the Cabins do NOT have a ramp. Only a few do. The full list of what cabins are handicap accessible is somewhere. I believe it's staying the same for the new cabins. There are floorplans for the new cabins showing both a stairs layout and ramp layout for the accessible ones.

Hey @bama_ed I inquired about accessible cabins after I made my reservation online by myself. I called in because I wanted to get noted that we're bringing our service dogs etc. The only accessible they had available was for hearing or sight which isn't what we need my mom and her friend just have some mobility issues and it's just easier for her to use a walk-in shower.

But the question I have is the representative said that all of the cabins have a ramp. Is this the case? I looked at some pictures and I don't see a ramp on some of them? Could it be that those are old and ramps are new
I could be completely wrong on this but she may have meant all accessible cabins have a ramp. Like the hearing and vision ones. I *think* that might be true.

My advice would be for folks to book early, specify Accessible in the lodging request, and/or keep following up and checking if you don't get what you need.
Just to clarify... Accessible cabins is a separate booking category, as required by law. Making a "request" for accessible may not work and should not be relied upon if there is a definite need. The advice to keep checking is good, though one should make a "plan B" just in case because many folks who need accessible units do in fact plan/book early.

what we need my mom and her friend just have some mobility issues and it's just easier for her to use a walk-in shower.
If I recall, at least one of the preview videos showed a walk-in shower not a tub. WDW has been doing more of that in standard rooms lately, though unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a bookable category. Not sure about the ramps but the current cabins do not all have ramps. At this point I'd say the only way to guarantee a walk-in shower and an outside ramp is to book an "wheelchair accessible" unit.

Just to clarify... Accessible cabins is a separate booking category, as required by law. Making a "request" for accessible may not work and should not be relied upon if there is a definite need. The advice to keep checking is good, though one should make a "plan B" just in case because many folks who need accessible units do in fact plan/book early.

Absolutely! I'm glad to have you with me, @lanejudy .

That's why as I referenced there is a way to request a "handicapped accessible" room (of any kind) when you make a cabin reservation request via the Disney system:

1715990252485.png

As has been said prior, these are often in demand and may be booked up early and not available when later folks try to get them reserved.

A Plan B option is ALWAYS a good idea on the back side.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
100 Loop cabins were supposed to be complete today, any idea if they are?

If so, @BaymaxFan78 , then it will have taken FOREVER.

We had pics/report of the 100 cabins under construction at the end of March and they appeared to be several days into the build by then (see post #192/195 in this very thread by our tremendous DIS poster @amcc) so that would put the build time at around 2.5 months.

Ouch! :headache: They're not in a hurry, it seems, so I hope the trade-off is a quality build of those units.

Bama Ed

PS - and 100 loop had been shut down because of the build of those 2 cabins so we can also tell if they have been completed if 100 loop opens up again (I guess) for campers in the other 20-something sites.

Somebody posted pics of the 100 loop cabins last week and they were very bland. It looked like they were a creme color and hadn't been painted yet. The rest of the outside looked "done".

j

I don't get it. You'd think Disney would be anxious to get the new cabins up and running. Empty spaces = lost revenue.

Wonder if there's a supply chain issue somewhere. I can't believe it's a lack of available manpower.

I don't get it. You'd think Disney would be anxious to get the new cabins up and running. Empty spaces = lost revenue.

Wonder if there's a supply chain issue somewhere. I can't believe it's a lack of available manpower.
The campground is empty right now. Lots of loops are open but empty. It doesn't pick up until July usually, and that's when the loops are re-opening.

Someone posted a timeline a while back. I don't know how accurate it is or where they even got it from, but it had the two 100 loop cabins being completed on June 3rd. I don't know if that is just the construction portion or if it included furnishing the interior and all of that work.

Another thing to note is there are 365 cabins but to my knowledge DVC only filed whatever it is for occupancy on 363. The two left out are probably the 100 loop ones and I assume both are going to be for open houses and tours.

Construction workers were working today when I took this picture. I apologize for not shooting at a better angle but I was limited in how close I could get.

Thanks for sharing, @sm8680.

It appears that this cabin in the photo has an accessible ramp.

I wonder if the other/second one doesn't. :scratchin

If one does and one doesn't, then it might be in line with @StormyCA 's proposal that these will be models (one accessible, one regular) to help potential buyers get the "feel" of either before buying.

Don'tcha think? :confused3

The more I see of the new cabins the more they remind me of the architecture at Jackson Lake Lodge at Grand Teton. The 'cottages' are duplex & I think triplex IIRC. This sort of 'plays in' to the idea that these cabins might have originally been a concept for lakeside 'villas' at 'The DVC That Must Not Be Named' (also a lodge on a lake) and ported over to the Fort when they realized the old cabins were due for replacement. JLL was built in 1955 which also plays into the 'mid-century' vibe they were supposedly going for with 'TDTMNBN'.

Not identical, of course, more just the siding and that slanted roof. The 2nd pic is from an old postcard, you can better see the slanted roofs in the main lodge & the cottages.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 6.27.21 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 6.27.21 AM.png
    580.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 6.31.51 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 6.31.51 AM.png
    677.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Construction workers were working today when I took this picture. I apologize for not shooting at a better angle but I was limited in how close I could get.
Thanks for sharing, it looks interesting for sure. It almost looks like it's painted "go away green". Maybe they wanted to hide the design? Lol

There is a youtube video where in the background you can see 2 cabins from the 2500 loop. One was grey and one was blue. I wonder how many colors there are? Early concept art showed a brownish one. That is probably the best color option.

I found the pics someone posted in a Fb group from this weekend. These are reported to be the 2 in the 100 loop.

The exterior doesn't appear to be painted. If it is, it is pretty bland.

FB_IMG_1717615414946.jpg

FB_IMG_1717615407135.jpg

FB_IMG_1717615424156.jpg

At first I questioned if this was really the 100 loop due to the orientation of the cabins to the road, but here is a Street View of the old cabins. It does seem to match with one offset at a slight angle.

1717616195483.png

This does appear to show an ADA accessible wheelchair ramp to the deck.
FB_IMG_1717615431466.jpg

j

Attachments

• 1717616126370.png
    1717616126370.png
    885.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter