Any word or any prep work being done for new DVC cabins?

It appears the Disney legal dept has been busy focusing on the Fort.

I saw the exact same sign on the road near the bus stop/turnaround loop past 2100 in February. Since many people disregard signs I think they just legaled it up to get folks attention in case Disney needs to drop the hammer on someone. 8-)

Hi all. :wave: I don't frequent this board that much and this type of info may already be known, but I wanted to post some information on the cabin timelines in case this is new/helpful. The source for this wasn't dated so as always with construction and Disney timelines, things can change and it may already be off - but at least it gives a glimpse at the sequencing and general timeline for the next year. FWIW.

Loop# of CabinsOfflineOpening
10023/17/24-3/18/246/3/24
2500333/17/24-3/18/246/21/24
2300304/14/24-4/15/247/19/24
2200446/9/24-6/10/249/22/24
2800707/13/24-7/14/2411/11/24
2400499/8/24-9/9/241/2/25
26006510/26/24-10/27/243/1/25
27007212/16/24-12/17/244/24/25

Last edited:
@GADisneyDad14, I don’t see loop 2500, but I do see 2300 twice. Is one a typo? I’ve read here that 2500 is being worked on.

Thanks for this information! Gives a clue as to placement for those who have already made reservations at the cabins!

Loop# of CabinsOfflineOpening
10023/17/24-3/18/246/3/24
2500333/17/24-3/18/246/21/24
2300304/14/24-4/15/247/19/24
2200446/9/24-6/10/249/22/24
2800707/13/24-7/14/2411/11/24
2400499/8/24-9/9/241/2/25
26006510/26/24-10/27/243/1/25
27007212/16/24-12/17/244/24/25

I find this very interesting considering they aren't supposed to open until July 1st, are they going to just have anybody stay in the 100 and 2500 cabins before then? You can't book them.

I find this very interesting considering they aren't supposed to open until July 1st, are they going to just have anybody stay in the 100 and 2500 cabins before then? You can't book them.

Cash stays (by anybody) can be different from DVC points stays.

Not that I know what I'm talking about but until DVC actually puts the finished rooms into the DVC points side, they can keep the cash/per/night rooms going.

DVC keeps a small percentage of rooms for cash use (by anyone like a hotel room) so they could still book people into the newly finished rooms before they are "declared" into the time share side and thus available for points owners only.

If you notice, when you enter various dates into the disneyworld reservation tool, you often get availability at DVC properties even though you're not a DVC owner. That's the few rooms that DVC keeps for cash-per-night room use (like a hotel room).

All I'm saying is this is a possible path to full operation.

Bama Ed

PS - DVC keeps a small percentage of rooms for cash only use by anyone. There are situations when people with DVC points don't want to burn/use those points if they plan to come in a day early/late and will be willing to pay cash for some nights of a multi-night stay (and then use points for the rest of the nights). Or those cash rooms can go for you/me/anyone if you want to pay the cash rate.

Last edited:
Cash stays (by anybody) can be different from DVC points stays.

Not that I know what I'm talking about but until DVC actually puts the finished rooms into the DVC points side, they can keep the cash/per/night rooms going.

DVC keeps a small percentage of rooms for cash use (by anyone like a hotel room) so they could still book people into the newly finished rooms before they are "declared" into the time share side and thus available for points owners only.

If you notice, when you enter various dates into the disneyworld reservation tool, you often get availability at DVC properties even though you're not a DVC owner. That's the few rooms that DVC keeps for cash-per-night room use (like a hotel room).

All I'm saying is this is a possible path to full operation.

Bama Ed

PS - DVC keeps a small percentage of rooms for cash only use by anyone. There are situations when people with DVC points don't want to burn/use those points if they plan to come in a day early/late and will be willing to pay cash for some nights of a multi-night stay (and then use points for the rest of the nights). Or those cash rooms can go for you/me/anyone if you want to pay the cash rate.
I've actually been thinking about that a lot recently. I have a cabin stay booked for July 1st. Originally was going to check in a few days later but extended it when they announced the opening in hopes of being one of the first to stay in a new cabin. Then the "official" booking began and cash guests can't book any stays until after September 27th. Only DVC can stay in the Cabins between July and September. Sucks but oh well. Maybe things will change

Something else that sucks, my favorite loop is 2200, and I was hoping to stay there if the new cabins weren't available, but it looks like they will be out of commission by then.

I've actually been thinking about that a lot recently. I have a cabin stay booked for July 1st. Originally was going to check in a few days later but extended it when they announced the opening in hopes of being one of the first to stay in a new cabin. Then the "official" booking began and cash guests can't book any stays until after September 27th. Only DVC can stay in the Cabins between July and September. Sucks but oh well. Maybe things will change

Something else that sucks, my favorite loop is 2200, and I was hoping to stay there if the new cabins weren't available, but it looks like they will be out of commission by then.

Yeah, gotta build up some inventory first. A percentage of, say, 35 cabins (initially), is not many to use on the cash side. However, a percentage of 300 IS. Good point.

BTW, our first cabin stay was in 2200 (way back when) so for that nostalgic reason it remained my favorite cabin loop.

In have a cabin booked early December, paying cash though I am a DVC member (no points left for now!). Since I travel with an ECV, I called and told them I would need a cabin with a ramp. No gaurentees of getting one! One would think by then there would be a couple at least. Pricy per night, for 3 people. Wonder what they will do for me if no ramped cabin availabe? HArd to lift an ECV onto the deck!

In have a cabin booked early December, paying cash though I am a DVC member (no points left for now!). Since I travel with an ECV, I called and told them I would need a cabin with a ramp. No gaurentees of getting one! One would think by then there would be a couple at least. Pricy per night, for 3 people. Wonder what they will do for me if no ramped cabin availabe? HArd to lift an ECV onto the deck!

You may have had your reasons for not doing this, but in your case, wouldn’t it have been best to book an accessible cabin?

ETA, or maybe that’s what you did and none available? I read your post more as you booked a regular cabin and then called to request an accessible unit, but maybe I’m reading your post incorrectly.

Last edited:
You may have had your reasons for not doing this, but in your case, wouldn’t it have been best to book an accessible cabin?

ETA, or maybe that’s what you did and none available? I read your post more as you booked a regular cabin and then called to request an accessible unit, but maybe I’m reading your post incorrectly.
I booked online. Did not find anyway to book accessible.

I booked online. Did not find anyway to book accessible.

Ahh, got it. On Disney's website there is a checkbox for "Accessible Rooms" next to where you enter dates and Adult / Children count. Checking that box exclusively searches accessible rooms and returns different options than non-accessible rooms. For the DVC Cabins, options are:

1 Bedroom Cabin. Florida special accessible room and hearing accessibility. 1 queen bed, 1 queen-size pull-down, 1 bunkbed​

1 Bedroom Cabin. Wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower and hearing accessibility. 1 queen bed, 1 queen-size pull-down, 1 bunkbed​

1 Bedroom Cabin. Hearing accessible - visual alarms and notifications. 1 queen bed, 1 queen-size pull-down, 1 bunkbed​

1 Bedroom Cabin. Wheelchair accessible with tub and hearing accessibility. 1 queen bed, 1 queen-size pull-down, 1 bunkbed​

Ahh, got it. On Disney's website there is a checkbox for "Accessible Rooms" next to where you enter dates and Adult / Children count. Checking that box exclusively searches accessible rooms and returns different options than non-accessible rooms. For the DVC Cabins, options are:

1 Bedroom Cabin. Florida special accessible room and hearing accessibility. 1 queen bed, 1 queen-size pull-down, 1 bunkbed​

1 Bedroom Cabin. Wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower and hearing accessibility. 1 queen bed, 1 queen-size pull-down, 1 bunkbed​

1 Bedroom Cabin. Hearing accessible - visual alarms and notifications. 1 queen bed, 1 queen-size pull-down, 1 bunkbed​

1 Bedroom Cabin. Wheelchair accessible with tub and hearing accessibility. 1 queen bed, 1 queen-size pull-down, 1 bunkbed​

Wow! In all the years I’ve booked online,, I’ve never noticed that. Thanks. But they are not allowing booking for accessible. I’ll keep trying.

My DS has 2 cabins booked for June 10 - 15. I keep waiting for a notice from Disney that their cabins are unavailable. We will see.

BTW, our first cabin stay was in 2200 (way back when) so for that nostalgic reason it remained my favorite cabin loop
Similar for me. Our first cabin stay was in 2208. We enjoyed it so much that when we went the next year we asked for that loop and ended up right next door in 2210. Pretty neat.

(2210 had an issue with the bedroom exterior door randomly opening itself but that's a different story)

Since I travel with an ECV, I called and told them I would need a cabin with a ramp. No gaurentees of getting one! ... Wonder what they will do for me if no ramped cabin availabe?
But they are not allowing booking for accessible. I’ll keep trying.

Where did you see they aren't booking yet? I didn't carry it through to check-out but I see cabins available for Dec. 2-5, so it could be your dates are already booked. HA rooms are removed from inventory once sold so they don't overbook. Be aware "Florida accessible" may not have a ramp; you'll want a unit listed as "wheelchair accessible."

One thing I noticed is the cabins are listed twice in WDW's booking system:
1) as "The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort - A Disney Vacation Club Resort" listed with Deluxe Villas, and​
2) as "The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort" listed as a moderate Disney Resort Hotels (presumably this is the older inventory)​

As to what they will do if you don't get assigned a cabin with a ramp and none are available -- I hate to say it, but they'll tell you that you should have booked the room-type that would guarantee a ramp. You might want a back-up reservation and then continue to watch for an HA cabin to open up for booking.

Currently the only loop with accessible Cabins with ramps is the 2800 (possibly the 2700) . Wonder if they will keep it that way or will add them to all the loops? If they keep it just the 2800 loop according to the chart above that loop is due to be finished on 11-11. If that's the case they may not guarantee them until they are officially done in case of a delay.

If anyone happens to know or wants to play sleuth, 32 of the cabins have one of four codes next to them: "CF" "FS" "A-T" and "A-S"

I have suspected these could be accessible designations, or they could mean something entirely different, I'm not sure.

Anyone have a clue?

Currently the only loop with accessible Cabins with ramps is the 2800 (possibly the 2700) . Wonder if they will keep it that way or will add them to all the loops? If they keep it just the 2800 loop according to the chart above that loop is due to be finished on 11-11. If that's the case they may not guarantee them until they are officially done in case of a delay.
Jim,

I had an accessible cabin in 2500 loop in January 2024 (2524).

It had a ramp up to the back end of the deck as well as steps up to the deck from the parking spot in front. We were moving from a campsite that morning to a cabin and I went to the lobby and asked for a cabin that was immediately available (at 9am) and this one was ready for a 1-night stay.

It was not the only accessible cabin in that loop, either.

Plus I'm pretty sure I've seen ramps on cabins in other loops (like 2600).

Not sure I know what "Florida Special" means for accessibility. Don't know what DVC will do (replace accessible legacy cabins with accessible DVC cabins like-for-like) or change the mix. It's anyone's guess.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter