• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any radiologic technologist here who made a career change?

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
Just curious if anyone here has made a career change after being a radiologic technologist. I have been working as an Xray tech for many years, the last few as mammo tech. I work in a hospital and LOVE working in mammo.

Unfortunately, due to new management the current situation where I work is horrible. We are running on a skeleton crew bc so many people have quit and no one is even applying to the open jobs. I have always loved my job and never thought I’d leave. Until now. Moving to an office or something is a massive paycut. I do have my bachelors if that helps. Just looking for new options.

Thank you 🙂

I don't know anything about that specific field but couldn't you go to a competitor? If you like the job but not the company do the same job at a different company even if it requires a relocation.

I don't know anything about that specific field but couldn't you go to a competitor? If you like the job but not the company do the same job at a different company even if it requires a relocation.
That was going to be my suggestion as well. If you love the work, but not the environment where you’re performing it, then going to another hospital or a private clinic could be the change you need.

Making a career change can feel like diving into uncharted waters, but it’s also an exciting voyage of self-discovery! Radiologic technologists transitioning careers, you’re in good company. It takes courage to embark on a new journey, but the rewards can be immense. If you’re considering a change, explore your options fully. I stumbled upon "https://www.exploremedicalcareers.com/"—a treasure trove of insights into the medical field. Remember, every setback is a setup for a comeback! As for me, I believe life’s too short to stay stuck in a job that doesn’t spark joy.

Last edited:

I also work at a hospital, in imaging, with a dedicated breast center. We need people who care about what they are doing. Patients need you. Find a place with better management. Is there another hospital in your area? I understand going to outpatient is a huge pay cut. If you really are considering a career change but love breast health, becoming a certified Breast Navigator could be an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter