• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Other Crocheters out there?

Yes both of the square ones were baby blankets. One for for a friend's daughter after her son was bone. The other was for my niece's son. For both I used Caron's Simply Soft yarn. To edge both of them, I found a multi that complimented the general color schemes.

I did this Barbie dress to match a dance costume for a friend. After making it, they found out it was the wrong costume so I had to make a different one instead. Here is a picture of the finished product and the picture of the actual costume from the catalog.

P3190016-1.jpg

precious_pointe-2.jpg

I have other dresses I designed to match dance costumes for my daughter when she was dancing. That was what I gave her as a recital gift each year. I have to say this is one of my favorites. I made the hat to go with this, but didn't get a picture of it. The Moscow State Ballet would come to town to perform the Russian Nutcracker and use students from the different dance schools as secondary dancers such as the mice, party children and angels. Also as background dancers for the Arabian, Spanish and Snowflakes. My daughter got to be one of the mice and a background dancer for the Arabians. I made a doll costume to match her Arabian costume, right down to the arm bands and head piece. I have to take a picture of that one.

Love this thread, thanks OP:thanks:I am a crocheter, too. Have been for 40 plus years. I've strayed from it to do sewing of clothes and now I make quilts.. But just got some yarn donated to me, and am making shawls for the local nursing home. Just a perfect size to cover their shoulders. I even made one for myself:) I love the Disney themed patterns. Where do you get them , esp baymax???? Thanks so much.

I am glad I found this thread. I love crocheting. When my grandmother first taught me I didn't do it too much. It wasn't until later that I really got into it. I enjoyed doing the doll dresses because it let me create something unique. Other mothers asked me to make costumes to match their daughter's costumes and so I got to where I would pick one from each age group and try and make it. I would sell them for a one price that included a doll and another that did not include the doll.

I did this Barbie dress to match a dance costume for a friend. After making it, they found out it was the wrong costume so I had to make a different one instead. Here is a picture of the finished product and the picture of the actual costume from the catalog.

P3190016-1.jpg

precious_pointe-2.jpg

I have other dresses I designed to match dance costumes for my daughter when she was dancing. That was what I gave her as a recital gift each year. I have to say this is one of my favorites. I made the hat to go with this, but didn't get a picture of it. The Moscow State Ballet would come to town to perform the Russian Nutcracker and use students from the different dance schools as secondary dancers such as the mice, party children and angels. Also as background dancers for the Arabian, Spanish and Snowflakes. My daughter got to be one of the mice and a background dancer for the Arabians. I made a doll costume to match her Arabian costume, right down to the arm bands and head piece. I have to take a picture of that one.

That really looks like the dance dress, great job!

Here's the blanket I made for my nieces birthday this past week. It's really the 1st blanket I crocheted, I made a giant granny square blanket 16 years ago when a friend showed me how to make a granny square, but never showed me how to attach them, so I made a big one.

Here's the blanket I made for my nieces birthday this past week. It's really the 1st blanket I crocheted, I made a giant granny square blanket 16 years ago when a friend showed me how to make a granny square, but never showed me how to attach them, so I made a big one.

That is really pretty and it looks sooooo soft.

Hello there!

Fellow crocheter here :) I am currently working on a Minnie handbag, and I just finished a Mickey Mouse crossbody bag :)

I will try to upload the pictures tomorrow from my computer. Everyone's work looks amazing! So glad to see others out there who love crochet as much as I do ;)

Here's a pic I promised a few months ago. My BFF is pregnant again and I want to make a matching one for the new baby. Waiting to find out sex. I'm thining if its a girl I'll do yellow and lavender If its another boy maybe yellow and green or yellow and blue in reverse.

Attachments

• babyjoeysblankie.png
    babyjoeysblankie.png
    968.2 KB · Views: 5
I always forget to come check out my fellow crocheters. Obviously because I never did update on my scarves I was doing for a January trip. A trip that ended up being in Sept instead of January-- so no scarves anyway. But I have been working on a blanket for my dd's friend. It worked out better than I was expecting :)
upload_2016-8-14_6-53-36.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-14_6-35-1.png
    upload_2016-8-14_6-35-1.png
    787.7 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter