Airmiles Shop the Block Earn up to 2,000 Miles

My Shell gas station refused to scan my coupon. The attendant said it works automatically when I put my card in the pump before filling up (which I did). I think I may have been cheated of having my fill up count towards my seven:(

My attendant scanned mine and it recently showed up on my account as Shop the Block.

So I just placed a childrens place order... and realized after I forgot to put in my airmiles.... so I did a second order. LOL and will make sure I return the one without my airmiles. Which will be easy since when I went back in I added another shirt.

My attendant scanned mine and it recently showed up on my account as Shop the Block.

I figured he was wrong but there was nothing I could do. Tell me, do you pay at the pump and insert your air miles card there then go inside to scan the coupon or do you pay and show the card along with the coupon inside before pumping gas?

I figured he was wrong but there was nothing I could do. Tell me, do you pay at the pump and insert your air miles card there then go inside to scan the coupon or do you pay and show the card along with the coupon inside before pumping gas?
If you already paid at the pump without scanning the coupon, there’s no way the cashier could scan your coupon to link it to a completed transaction. For STB coupons, I would definitely pay at the cash register to make sure the STB coupin is scanned.

Last edited:

You will need to pay inside instead of the pump. I believe the coupon even says it :(

Just back from Shell. DH car so not as much gas but we did need a GC to finish off an Xmas gift. We got 38AM and 3 cents off a liter. 10AM STB, 25AM for buying the gift card (5AM/$5 spent in-store) 2AM for making an in-store purchase and 1AM for gas. Not bad for things we needed anyway and one more "in-case" coupon done.

I paid inside after I filled up.

In alberta all (or almost all) gas is prepay now. i used a shell coupon last week. here’s how i got it to work: i ran my tank almost empty (45L gas tank—gotta get it empty to even consider spending 50$!). at shell i went inside and prepaid for 45L. the attendant told me that if i couldn’t fit that much in my tank, my card would be refunded. so to be on the safe side and ensure my spend would stay over 50$, i bought some gum. my guess is if i was refunded to under 50 total, the coupon would not have applied.

so moral of the story: if you have to prepay, go inside and ensure you will be over 50$!

I am about ready to scream! I've been trying to place an order with The Bay for over 6 hours now, site won't load, or crashes or hangs or adds multiple items to my cart that i wasn't even looking at ....I've tried numerous browsers & devices & as the clock ticks down to midnight when the free shipping is done my BP is soaring! I'm now getting the message "please be patient while we improve your shopping experience" I really want the 3 items i have in my cart but they come nowhere close to the regular shipping threshold & it's also a part of my StB coupons

21691337_10211721419005865_2092793153_n.png

I am about ready to scream! I've been trying to place an order with The Bay for over 6 hours now, site won't load, or crashes or hangs or adds multiple items to my cart that i wasn't even looking at ....I've tried numerous browsers & devices & as the clock ticks down to midnight when the free shipping is done my BP is soaring! I'm now getting the message "please be patient while we improve your shopping experience" I really want the 3 items i have in my cart but they come nowhere close to the regular shipping threshold & it's also a part of my StB coupons

21691337_10211721419005865_2092793153_n.png

I fought with their site this evening too. My order eventually went through, but it took *forever*. With a couple other stores, I’m crossing off another StB coupon. I’m still only done 2...really gotta step up my game with these coupons.

I hope your order finally went through, The Duck!

My Shell gas station refused to scan my coupon. The attendant said it works automatically when I put my card in the pump before filling up (which I did). I think I may have been cheated of having my fill up count towards my seven:(

I cannot pay at the pump. I have to go in and pay before pumping to scan my coupon, etc.

Question: I am in Ontario and was at Sobeys Extra today (rebounded from Sobeys). I was told I could not use the Sobeys Urban Fresh coupons for the Shop the Block promo. I thought those were valid for Sobeys AND Sobeys Urban Fresh but she said it was just for the Urban Fresh stores.

She did let me use the Redeem 95 Cash Miles for $10 off because that coupon only showed the Sobeys logo.

Does anyone know?

There are no other Sobeys in my area so looks like I have to go to Foodland to complete 2 of my offers.

In alberta all (or almost all) gas is prepay now. i used a shell coupon last week. here’s how i got it to work: i ran my tank almost empty (45L gas tank—gotta get it empty to even consider spending 50$!). at shell i went inside and prepaid for 45L. the attendant told me that if i couldn’t fit that much in my tank, my card would be refunded. so to be on the safe side and ensure my spend would stay over 50$, i bought some gum. my guess is if i was refunded to under 50 total, the coupon would not have applied.

so moral of the story: if you have to prepay, go inside and ensure you will be over 50$!

Where in AB? I'm just outside Calgary and always in and I don't know any station that forces you to prepay? Some of the pumps furthest from the store can be but not all usually!

Though... I believe the NDP did just pass the new law to make all prepay, but don't know when it goes into play.

Question: I am in Ontario and was at Sobeys Extra today (rebounded from Sobeys). I was told I could not use the Sobeys Urban Fresh coupons for the Shop the Block promo. I thought those were valid for Sobeys AND Sobeys Urban Fresh but she said it was just for the Urban Fresh stores.

She did let me use the Redeem 95 Cash Miles for $10 off because that coupon only showed the Sobeys logo.

Does anyone know?

There are no other Sobeys in my area so looks like I have to go to Foodland to complete 2 of my offers.

I definitely used the coupons at Sobeys in Thornhill with no issue. The fine print on the coupons say:

"Offer valid at all participating Sobeys and Sobeys Urban Fresh locations in Ontario from November 14 to December 14, 2017."

I think your cashier was mistaken and you should try again.

Does anyone know?

I'm also in Ontario and used 6 of the coupons at a regular Sobeys (not Urban Fresh).

Does anyone know?

I always wonder why these cashiers (Shell and Sobeys) just don't scan the coupons. If they don't work, then they don't work. If they work, well then their stores accept them. What is the harm in scanning them? It isn't like it is some great hardship.

Does anyone know?

When I was in the store looking for the taco kit thing I showed the coupon at the counter so I could find out where they were, they kept saying "that's for urban fresh, not us" It was kind of annoying but they finally called someone to help me and he was like "yup, in bakery" so they were wrong, and made a note for future lol. They didn't give me a hard time with scanning the coupon at the cash though.

I did have a problem at Shell and spent far too long making the guy actually scan it. I was right mad after that encounter, bad way to start my day! I agree with damo above - just scan the darn coupon!

Does anyone know?

Sobeys and Sobeys Urban Fresh are separate entities. Foodland and Sobeys gift cards cannot be used at Sobeys Urban Fresh. I tried that once.

By the way, the Sobeys cash miles redemption coupon in Ontario is not effective until December 1 unless you have a different booklet coupon. Please check and make sure the transaction counts as a STB. At Rexall, the cashier scanned the 40 AM cosmetics STB coupon for my purchase but I didn’t buy any cosmetics and told him to scan the Spend $25 get 15 AM coupon instead. The cashiers don’t really know the details of the coupons.

Edited:
I didn’t check the fine print of the coupons. Glad they apply to both Sobeys and Sobeys Urban Fresh.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter