Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I had such high hopes today for a receipts offer. Mine went through without incident. DS is still looking into it. DH I had to submit an inquiry. All different stores, all different amounts and different items. Oh well, it is what it is.

When redeeming miles for Universal tickets, do they email them to you right away? My folks booked a 10 day trip (flights and Cabana Bay) and now need to get their tickets for mid May.
You can tell the the personal shopper your deadline, and ask if they can get the deal done in time!

My theory on the receipts sitting on hold because I was posting end of day Friday may have been proven correct. I shopped Thursday and uploaded my receipt Friday morning…it went through right away.

Last edited:
I've progressed to this point today, which is better than the 2 days even a sock was too much
20240504_115335.jpg

Can't handle the weight from my quilt yet though
20240504_120529.jpg

Had to resort to Amazon for next day delivery of some ensure and Tylenol for hubby because I was out of commission for the week and he had an implant put in his mouth yesterday. No airmiles for groceries from them but I did place an order from well . Ca for a bunch of my safe foods and that will earn me a few since there is a 7x site multiplier going on at the moment. Even though the warehouse is maybe 5 minutes from our house it will probably take until the middle of the week to get delivered. Gone are the days of the odd packages showing up at our door from an employee on their way home from a shift!

Has anyone opted in to the ‘controversial topics’ forum? I’m sitting surfing through some forums and I see the thing at the top of the page. I’m intrigued.

Has anyone opted in to the ‘controversial topics’ forum? I’m sitting surfing through some forums and I see the thing at the top of the page. I’m intrigued.

WOAH, I was wordy here! Short answer, yes, just be sure to wear your armour if you decide to comment on any of the threads, some posters are BRUTAL and there aren't many check & balances happening. Nothing overly controversial, just a place for those who feel the need to say things that were getting screened out in the regular threads.

yup, when it first became an option I filled out the form, not sure what the process was to be truthful it was so long ago that I had forgotten. Well, I've had a TON of time on my butt this week I decided to take a peak and POOF, I'm in. Nothing overtly surprising to me but then I've been known to wander deep down the comment threads of some other social media platforms and have witnessed the utter lack of compassion that many people have for others. I like to try to see behind people's actions, attempt to comprehend how the world has devolved into a steaming hot pile of poop, and simply reading what they type out gives me the chance to do it from a distance. I am currently scrolling thru the meme thread and have been taken aback by what some consider humour, and wonder how bad some must have been to be deleted!! I rarely comment on any platform, other than in this section of the boards, and when I do I take plenty of time to gather my thoughts, read & read again before i hit enter, not something a lot of other people seem to do. Amazing how brazen they can be when hiding behind a keyboard in another part of the world.

WOAH, I was wordy here! Short answer, yes, just be sure to wear your armour if you decide to comment on any of the threads, some posters are BRUTAL and there aren't many check & balances happening. Nothing overly controversial, just a place for those who feel the need to say things that were getting screened out in the regular threads.

yup, when it first became an option I filled out the form, not sure what the process was to be truthful it was so long ago that I had forgotten. Well, I've had a TON of time on my butt this week I decided to take a peak and POOF, I'm in. Nothing overtly surprising to me but then I've been known to wander deep down the comment threads of some other social media platforms and have witnessed the utter lack of compassion that many people have for others. I like to try to see behind people's actions, attempt to comprehend how the world has devolved into a steaming hot pile of poop, and simply reading what they type out gives me the chance to do it from a distance. I am currently scrolling thru the meme thread and have been taken aback by what some consider humour, and wonder how bad some must have been to be deleted!! I rarely comment on any platform, other than in this section of the boards, and when I do I take plenty of time to gather my thoughts, read & read again before i hit enter, not something a lot of other people seem to do. Amazing how brazen they can be when hiding behind a keyboard in another part of the world.
It says something about no moderators. So yes, I can imagine where things go. I'm curious as to why that type of forum is even required. Do people really need a place to get that way? There are plenty of other sites that have those sorts of forums....I've seen a few. Like the one that has the discussion on the demise of the creator of this site. Yikes!

I looked at it and then thought I need to fill out paperwork to get access. I probably wasn't going to appreciate anything that was being said so I decided to stick with the regular boards.
It was filling out the info that made me pause

I did the new receipts offer today. Bought 1 kiwi and earned 3 miles for it and 50 miles for the bonus so 53 miles ($5.53) for a $1.25 purchase. The receipt loaded perfectly and the points posted to the account right away.
For the other account I got the dreaded we are working on it note. This receipt had lots of stuff on it and it came up with the we are working on it but I know that I will get those points but may have to fight for the hot dogs as they came up as Schneiders footlong with no mention of the word hot dog. I actually bought a kiwi, package of hot dogs and my brother bought Tofu (yuck) and that should earn me some points as well. Not a bad haul.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter