• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I believe it is 8 weeks for the 2000 AM, according to the T&C footnotes.

I am looking into doing the AMEX thing next year to give me a boost on ONYX. Is there anything in the fine print about how long you have to keep the card after getting your AM? I would likely keep it for the first year and then drop it before the fee kicks in for year two.

I am looking into doing the AMEX thing next year to give me a boost on ONYX. Is there anything in the fine print about how long you have to keep the card after getting your AM? I would likely keep it for the first year and then drop it before the fee kicks in for year two.

I'm doing that same thing LOL

I didn't see anything in the footnotes about that, but I would think it should be okay to cancel by month 12. Even if I have to pay one $65 fee, that is worth the 2000 AM.

As far as I know there is no requirement to keep them for any period of time. It is just either after first transaction, or set dollars. Amex was $500, My BMO was 1000 for first transaction, then 2000 more after spending $3000. Already did this and have all points, just waiting for AMEX points to kick in. I wasnt sure if I could have 2 AMEX at the same time, so took the bigger one. Plan on cancelling after my sept trip both. So only having both for approx 8 months.

ALSO...if you do like I am by enrolling my spouse with his own AM card, once you have the AE Platinum card, you can "Refer A Friend" to earn 500 more bonus miles once they sign up :)

Last Saturday, I bought SIX $150 Sobey's GCs to take advantage of their bonus offer of 200 points for every $150 GC. My receipt showed that I earned 1200 AM points for this purchase. Today, when I checked my points, only 200 points were posted from my transaction last Saturday. :(

My question is, should I call asap and point this out to them? Or should I wait for the 120 days expected wait time for bonuses to post as mentioned on their website?

I just find it odd that my bonus points were "partially" posted. Now I'm worried about my missing 1000 points.

Has anyone bought multiple $150 Sobey's GCs this week? Have your points posted correctly?

I bought 4 cards last week. They were all in one transaction and posted correctly to my account last night. You may want to give it the day and see if they come through. I've had a couple of transactions that for some unknown reason have also been partially posted but the rest has come through within a day or so. If you have the patience to wait see what happens by Monday, but I would definitely call Monday if they aren't there by then.

I bought 4 cards last week. They were all in one transaction and posted correctly to my account last night. You may want to give it the day and see if they come through. I've had a couple of transactions that for some unknown reason have also been partially posted but the rest has come through within a day or so. If you have the patience to wait see what happens by Monday, but I would definitely call Monday if they aren't there by then.

Thank you! I guess I was just impatient...lol! When I woke up this morning, the rest of my points posted. :)

Thank you to the person who posted this AM bonus promo on Sobey's GC. I would have missed this if not for you!

Last Saturday, I bought SIX $150 Sobey's GCs to take advantage of their bonus offer of 200 points for every $150 GC. My receipt showed that I earned 1200 AM points for this purchase. Today, when I checked my points, only 200 points were posted from my transaction last Saturday. :(

My question is, should I call asap and point this out to them? Or should I wait for the 120 days expected wait time for bonuses to post as mentioned on their website?

I just find it odd that my bonus points were "partially" posted. Now I'm worried about my missing 1000 points.

Has anyone bought multiple $150 Sobey's GCs this week? Have your points posted correctly?
I would definitely wait at least another day. In my experience, Sobeys miles don't post all at once. I had some of mine last night and I'm still expecting more sometime today. It's never posted at the same time. I've gotten some on a Thursday and then a few more on a Friday from one shop.

Thank you! I guess I was just impatient...lol! When I woke up this morning, the rest of my points posted. :)

Thank you to the person who posted this AM bonus promo on Sobey's GC. I would have missed this if not for you!
And if I was remotely patient myself I would have read to see you had resolved this issue before my answer above.:rolleyes1:rotfl:

Hey we are not all ladies.:jester:
Here is a quick update for you all too, hope it helps for the next day. Just back from Sobeys, I had picked up one GC earlier. Then went to do my regular veg and fruit run to get the $10GC for spending $20.(not sure if that is just local or store wide). I included 2 more $150 GC and total came to $330. So gave my GC that still had $135 on it and my MC. They took the whole amount of the GC and then just charged my MC $199. So a little of the GC roulette. Works for me and hope it works for others.
I didnt say anything to the cashier and just went along as normal. If she said I could only apply the $30 to the GC and the rest on MC, I would have been fine, but hey not going to point out about buying a GC with one.
Walked out with 445AM on the reciept with all the other bonus points.
Good luck to all

Deepest apologies!! :P I assume you are equally wise!! :)

It's definitely a slow week all round (Rexall, Metro, Sobey's). I guess they figure everyone is heading off to the cottage for the weekend no need to entice anyone into the stores. Like Mort said there's always next week.

I need 225 more AM for a 5 day pass. Heading to Foodland this afternoon to get 9 cartons of ice cream!!!! I've been collecting AM for I don't know how long - years and years - and they add up very slowly for me. I am going to WDW in September and without an offer like this I would not get anywhere near 225 AM so I think $26 in ice cream is a pretty good price for that many AMs!!! Unfortunately this is the last day for the promo - wish I would've thought about it before - now I have to go and get them all at once - haha wonder what kinds of looks I will get..... :rolleyes1 :crazy2:

I need 225 more AM for a 5 day pass. Heading to Foodland this afternoon to get 9 cartons of ice cream!!!! I've been collecting AM for I don't know how long - years and years - and they add up very slowly for me. I am going to WDW in September and without an offer like this I would not get anywhere near 225 AM so I think $26 in ice cream is a pretty good price for that many AMs!!! Unfortunately this is the last day for the promo - wish I would've thought about it before - now I have to go and get them all at once - haha wonder what kinds of looks I will get..... :rolleyes1 :crazy2:
Do you have a sobeys near. Pick up one of their $150GC that is 200 points, then with that buy one complements brand OJ,one lemon,one lime and there is 25am. Done. It is still good for todayy

Thanks so much for the Sobey's gift card Air miles promotion....I now have enough air miles for a 3 day pass to Disneyland....going to see if I can acquire enough for the 5 day pass before our trip....I thought I would point out that there was a big sign at the Sobey's near where I work that said you could not use a Sobey's gift card to buy a Sobey's gift card. I was able to purchase Kobo eReader gift cards and use my Sobey's gift card to pay for them. I will be sure to keep an eye on this thread in the coming weeks as I try for the 5 day DL pass....just 500 more miles and I will be there....

Ice cream is on again next week. Along with chips. :thumbsup2

Do you have a sobeys near. Pick up one of their $150GC that is 200 points, then with that buy one complements brand OJ,one lemon,one lime and there is 25am. Done. It is still good for todayy

Closest Sobeys is about an hour away, but I went to Foodland and got my 9 boxes of fudgsicles, ice cream sandwiches and creamsicles. Got my receipt saying I earned 226 AM for $31.50 :tongue: They cashier even knew I was buying them all for the Airmiles!

Ice cream is on again next week. Along with chips. :thumbsup2

Luckily I went and got them tonight. They were already out of ice cream and only 3 boxes of fudgsicles left after I got what I needed. I'm sure they will restock sometime next week though but I'm happy to know I have the points I need :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter