Air2Sea & Delta Codeshare

KeroKero

DIS Veteran
We recently added Air2Sea with Royal Caribbean for our sailing in April 2024. The flights are confirmed. It's a Delta codeshare flight with WestJet. I can login and "manage my booking" on Delta's website with the info Royal gave me, but I can't book seats through them, as WestJet is the operator of the flight. When I go to WestJet's website, the reference doesn't come up and I get an error. I would really like to pre-book my seats to ensure we are all seated together. Should I be contacting Delta? WestJet? or Royal? to get this sorted. I'm thinking WestJet, but wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue. Trying to ensure as minimal phone time as possible (if I could).

We recently added Air2Sea with Royal Caribbean for our sailing in April 2024. The flights are confirmed. It's a Delta codeshare flight with WestJet. I can login and "manage my booking" on Delta's website with the info Royal gave me, but I can't book seats through them, as WestJet is the operator of the flight. When I go to WestJet's website, the reference doesn't come up and I get an error. I would really like to pre-book my seats to ensure we are all seated together. Should I be contacting Delta? WestJet? or Royal? to get this sorted. I'm thinking WestJet, but wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue. Trying to ensure as minimal phone time as possible (if I could).
If your reservation number doesn't come up on WestJet's site, I'm GUESSING even if you talked to them, they won't be able to help you. I would start with Delta. One of three things is going to happen...
1) They say to call Royal (doubtful, but just my opinion).
2) They tell you to call WestJet (explain to them the reservation number doesn't come up on WestJet's website, maybe they'll give you the WestJet number).
3) They fix the problem.

Sometimes there is a different record locator. Royal or Delta should be able to provide you with the Westjet record locator.

Did you get this resolved? Before we add Air2Sea would like to know any concerns in advance.

Did you get this resolved? Before we add Air2Sea would like to know any concerns in advance.
We did! We spoke to WJ initially who said "it wasn't ticketed yet" and then we spoke to Delta who explained that not ticketed meant that technically RC hadn't paid for the tickets yet. I called Air2Sea, and because we were with a small child and needed to book seats together, the agent said they would manually process ours, instead of being processed with the group (which I assume means people on that flight who are also Air 2 Sea). We were ticketed 2 days later and able to select our seats! We're now good to go and I feel much more at ease knowing my 4 year old will be right beside me!

Also … forgot to mention, the WJ agent was the one who was able to provide us with the correct record locator to use on the WJ site to do the seat selection

Now that we've got our seats all booked and that worry is gone - it explicitly says on WJ's website that its cheaper to pay for your checked luggage in advance - but we're unable to because we're codeshare (that's what the WJ agent told us). That seems really unfair.

We used Air2Sea for the first time with our last cruise and booked WestJet flights. My understanding is some airlines let you book your seats as soon as you book Air2Sea. However, with WestJet we had to pay off the cruise (which we did close to final payment). At that point, the tickets are issued and you can book your seats.

Like you, I was worried of this and wanted to book our seats at time of booking the Air2Sea tickets, but we were fine getting seats together. Good luck. Hopefully the same for you.

PS. - I missed your recent post that you were able to get around this issue. Great to hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter