A quick recap of our April DLP Trip

dprincessmom

dprincessmom
Everyone was very helpful with the trip planning, so I thought I would do a quick recap of our trip.

3 Disney lovers, Golden Forest Level at Sequoia Lodge 4/21-4/24

The Lodge: Location was great, with the exception of the first trip to DLP we used the walkway and saved time each trip. The common areas were beautiful and the included breakfast and snacks were ok. Our room, as we were warned, was showing its age. I believe that the rooms are slated for a refurbishment, so hopefully those matters will be addressed. Hotel staff and concierge staff were courteous and helpful.

The parks: Loved DLP's version of Big Thunder and Tower of Terror! I liked the back story of Phantom Manor. As regular Disney World visitors, we did notice that the animatronics and most rides seemed to be in better working order at DLP. I attribute that to the smaller size of the park and number of guests, which allows for more upkeep on the attractions. We enjoyed all the rides and only did the premier access our last park day for a second ride on Big Thunder and Hyperspace Mountain with no wait.

The crowds were delightful, compared to Disney World. It never felt crowded even while we waited for the nighttime shows near the castle hub.

Sit Down Dining: We started with a reservation at Walt's and by the time we were finished we had added Remy's and Pym's to our plans. At all three locations we found that the food was ok, but it was more about the experience. Would we go back to any of these again - not sure, but I would say give them a try for the atmosphere alone at least once.

Quick Service: Here is where there is a noticeable difference - we had to hunt for something that sounded interesting for our non-sit down meals. At home, we have a list of favorites in each park and I reminded my party that DLP wasn't about the food, but we did find the options limited. We actually preferred the quick options in Disney Village to those in the park.

Pooh-Sized Experience: I am a big girl and was able to enjoy everything that we wanted EXCEPT Crush's Coaster. I knew from other reports this might be a challenge, but as there was no tester seat out front, I gave it my best shot. I could get the harness down, but not far enough to breathe and have the green light on. The cast members were all very kind, and even issued a fast pass for Tower of Terror for the trouble. Bottom line, give it a try because I saw people on the ride bigger than me, just with weight in different locations, so who goes and doesn't isn't a one size fits all situation.

As warned, clothing for purchase was also limited and it looked like sizing was a little all over the place. I took a sweatshirt with me and was glad that I did as it was colder than expected.

Final thoughts: I am glad that we took the time to add DLP to this trip. We had a great time and made wonderful memories. I don't know if we will ever have a return trip to DLP but if we were in the area, I would certainly try to add a day or two to the trip to visit this land.

Happy to answer any questions, you may have.

Great to hear you had a good trip :) definitely shows that preparation is key. You were aware of certain issues, which probably avoided disappointment.

If there is anything from DLP you could bring to the US parks, what would it be?

Great to hear you had a good trip :) definitely shows that preparation is key. You were aware of certain issues, which probably avoided disappointment.

If there is anything from DLP you could bring to the US parks, what would it be?
I will answer for Orlando (haven't been to Disneyland): I would love to see Webslingers and the DLP version of Big Thunder added. They also had some amazing pins (not much pin trading, but special releases throughout the month).

You didn't ask, but I also found it funny that they had such a large Toy Story/Pixar area and no Midway Mania so I would add that to DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter