A Princess Birthday Surprise at POR w/ Royal Room Included...TRex for Lunch

Again- LOOVVEE the pics of Riverside.. You have me so excited about staying here...

Love that red Mickey shirt.. I want some cute Disney stuff to wear!! :)

How neat about the DIS meet! Hey, that rhymes!

Lol! We meet at last! So right about the Begniet ordering. It's always crazy. I think they need a number system or something. Or put names on the styro containers like Starbucks. ::yes::
I can tell Bill had a good talking to, I was ready for Jesse wandering, etc. but they were very well mannered, lol!

Thanks! They did fairly well, I think;)

We didn't go down the slide, being January and all, but I heard its slower too. The pool theming is very fun. We usually found lounges in the back of the pool, backing on to river path! And we enjoyed the hot tub :goodvibes.

My guess would be SLOW :laughing: Stephen didn't think the AKL slide was fast either, but Faith and Jesse thought it was simply the best - chalk it up to age difference.

This was our first POFQ stay, usually when we are in a moderate POR is our choice! But Disney 777 likes FQ better, and we like trying new resorts, so Ashley and I tried it. We enjoyed FQ very much, and would stay again, but Por mansions remain our fav :goodvibes

I kinda agree - POR has a slight edge on POFQ. Guess it just boils down to one's taste in theme.

I am so glad we were able to meet you and your family! Hopefully our wdw paths will cross again!

Maybe so:thumbsup2

I may be MIA for awhile now. Our renos start tomorrow morning. :scared1: huge Reno downstairs in basement. Jack hammering thru floor to lay new plumbing, adding bathroom, moving laundry room, my head hurts already :faint: Contractor and workman were over today. It's starting a tad earlier then I was planning :eek:

That sounds great or will be great when it's all said and done ;) Better get busy packing for your vaca - coming up very soon!!!

I love the pre-walk lecture about behaving! We have a lot of those in the car before going somewhere. Nothing wrong with being snap happy! What is it about the youngest child?? It’s like they inherently know that when it comes to them you are older and so tired that the likelihood of you disciplining them is less that they know to give you the “whatever” attitude. :rolleyes:

You're soooooo right!!! The youngest children are something else, usually. And you hate to do too much in public for fear of someone reporting you to child services :laughing: That's why we were made to have young children in our 20s and not 40s!!!! Guess I missed the memo on that one!

POR is so pretty especially in the morning.

Good luck on renting the DVC. We try to do it as much as we can now. A lot depends on your flexibility for where you want to stay and when you want to go. Obviously, the more flexible you are with those the easier it is. It’s hard to be too flexible when you have to work around school schedules though. We have loved all our DVC rentals. I have heard that the studios and two bedrooms book the fastest.

It's looking better and better. Disney has gotten so ridiculous with their pricing, I'll never pay rack rate again. There are a couple of the studios that sleep 5, but if I'm going to do that, I might as well just get a regular room. Would have to be a 1 bedroom for sure and 2 bedroom if my parents are with us (which most likely they will be :thumbsup2)

Hope you have a great day and enjoy the last few weeks of summer! :thumbsup2

Christine

Would you believe that teachers start next week??!! :scared1: And then the kids start the next - crazy! Yall enjoy your last few weeks, too.

Gorgeous photos of POFQ! I love them all lol It looks like you had a successful Dismeet - I love how people from all over can meet and bond over their love of Disney :goodvibes

"Outsiders" would think it crazy/insane to meet a stranger :laughing: 10 years ago I would have thought the same thing!!

Again- LOOVVEE the pics of Riverside.. You have me so excited about staying here...

Yay!!! Yall will love it!!!

Love that red Mickey shirt.. I want some cute Disney stuff to wear!! :)

How neat about the DIS meet! Hey, that rhymes!

Thanks! Can you say OLD?!! Bought that Minnie shirt several years ago on our MNSSHP trip. It's my go-to Disney shirt. Think it's time to invest in another one, though. Bill even has one (not a Minnie shirt, of course) But he only wears it at Disney. His friends might think it a bit strange for a grown man to wear a Mickey Mouse shirt :confused3 :laughing:

Oh yeah, MY DH would be the same way..

Have you ever seen that shirt in the parks that has Prince Charming and it says "Sorry Ladies, I'm taken"... My DH bought it last trip, I couldn't believe he actually wore it and I think he may have worn it once since we have been home.. Either way, it is time to break it out again for October!! :)))

Oh yeah, MY DH would be the same way..

Have you ever seen that shirt in the parks that has Prince Charming and it says "Sorry Ladies, I'm taken"... My DH bought it last trip, I couldn't believe he actually wore it and I think he may have worn it once since we have been home.. Either way, it is time to break it out again for October!! :)))

Haven't seen that shirt! :laughing: That's funny! We bought our shirts over at DTD the day before MNSSHP. The kids were dressing up, and I thought we should at least look a little Disney. If we ever do the party again, I'll dress up with the kids - would totally be fun (for me anyway ;)) There were some awesome costumes!!

Hi heather....great pictures! I love Dismeets, and so glad you got to have one! I was extra lucky to meet Junglecruiser ( our Sarah) and it had such an impression on me. I love that about the Dis, the friendships that can be made.:goodvibes

Thanks so much for your great review of POR, it helps us out so much. Can't wait to see it in person in November.

Hi heather....great pictures! I love Dismeets, and so glad you got to have one! I was extra lucky to meet Junglecruiser ( our Sarah) and it had such an impression on me. I love that about the Dis, the friendships that can be made.:goodvibes

No kidding! You were able to meet Sarah :goodvibes That's awesome!!! That will be a memory you can cherish forever.

Thanks so much for your great review of POR, it helps us out so much. Can't wait to see it in person in November.

So you haven't changed, huh??? :laughing: Boat ride to DTD is a must-do :thumbsup2 (getting ready to post that installment;)) I think your girls will enjoy the pool, too. I don't swim during those months, but my kids think nothing of it - in Florida that is. Believe it or not, it's too cold in GA during November to swim.

Day 3
River Cruise to Downtown Disney

After our DisMeet, we had to reluctantly return to the room and pack up. We weren’t leaving just yet, but since our room had to be vacated by 11ish – we had no choice.

And would you take a look at this mess??!!! What happened??!! :eek: Bill captured this moment with his phone.

Sad but true. It’s enough to make any sane person go truly mad!

Believe it or not, it didn’t take long to stuff that mess into the suitcase and load it in the car. Then, we were off to wait on the boat. Jesse, in the meantime, refused to relinquish this hat! My fear was that he would grow tired of wearing it, and guess who would end up holding it all day –ME!

So – here we are – waiting. We just missed a boat. Actually it was completely full! Guess everyone had the same idea that we did.

How about a few quick facts about the boat?

*Water launch service is available to Downtown Disney Marketplace/West Side from the marina starting at 10am daily.

*Disney actually created the Sassagoula River which is a 2 ½ mile waterway that winds its way through the woods, past the Treehouse Villas, past Saratoga Springs Resort, then to Downtown Disney.

*The boat ride to DTD is approximately 20 minutes.

*The fleet consists of 15 boats which cover four routes and all have Southern names. Make sure you get on the right boat!

*Yellow Flags- departing from Downtown Disney Marketplace dock (right-hand queue line): Sassagoula River Cruise service for POR and POFQ.

*Blue Flags - departing from Pleasure Island dock: Service for SSR, including the Treehouse Villas dock.

*Green Flags - departing from Pleasure Island dock: Service for OKW

*Red Flags - Internal DTD water taxi, circular route running from the Marketplace dock (next to the Rainforest Cafe) directly over to the West Side dock (opposite Cirque du Soleil) and then back via the Pleasure Island dock (behind Paradiso 37).

First stop, POFQ – there were only a few seats left. One of the pluses for staying at POR – You get first dibs on the boat! :thumbsup2

This really was a beautiful and relaxing ride down the river! These were parts of Disney that I had never seen.

Now - I use to think that I would like to try the Treehouse Villas. But after I saw the location, I’m a bit hesitant.

It appears that you are deep in the woods with these accommodations! All I could think about was mosquitos, snakes and maybe an alligator or two :laughing:

And here’s their dock –

Coming up on SSR – golf anyone??? A beautiful day for a round. Bill was wishing he had his clubs!

And finally, we were making our way to DTD!

There’s TRex – our lunch ressie! Not my favorite, but the kids LOVE it.

And finally – DTD :yay:

The river cruise is a PERFECT way to travel to DTD – much better than the buses for sure!!

Up next – lunch at TRex, then home we go :sad1:

Love the boats to DTD we enjoyed using them when we stayed at POFQ & OKW.

Love Jessie's hat!

:love: that boat to DTD. I never knew it was a man made river! It seems longer then 2.5 miles! Such a beautiful trip. I always thought those Treehouses Villas right on the water would be so fun to stay at! I think wdw must have a mosquito program, I rarely get bit even in August around all that water at POR.

Speaking of which, it made the news up here, this summer a particular mosquito breed is hatching in Florida, supposed to be loads of them this season, bigger then the average mosquito, with a bigger bite too :crazy2: have you heard of this :confused: I've never packed repellant before, but think I may this trip :eek:
They sound like B52 bombers of the mosquito world!! :scared1:

Yes, going to have to start laying out stuff to take and :laundy: it's hard cause I'm still wearing the stuff. We've been enjoying a beautiful July here. Not a speck of rain all month. :beach:

The boat ride looks pretty!

How long of a ride is it? We might do it on our last day too- can you bring strollers on the boat or no?

We love the boat ride to/from DTD, glad you tried it.

Disney has all the bats to take care of the mosquitos. They really think of everything.

Hopefully Jesse kept that hat on and you didn't have to carry it.

How long of a ride is it? We might do it on our last day too- can you bring strollers on the boat or no?

Its around 20 min ride. You have to fold up strollers I believe for the boat. But not 100% sure. There's not much room for strollers unfolded unless you can grab a front row.

Great pics of the River Cruise! I tried to take it one night at POR but the conditions were too windy. We may do Old Key West in November of 2014 so that would be the perfect opportunity to try it again ;)

GAH!!!! Slow down!!!!!!!! :scared1:

Okay, loved the pics and details about Tony's. Seems like it gets such mixed reviews, but it is so appealing with the theme and all. So happy to hear y'all enjoy it. Would love to eat there one day! (Did I tell you that we are doing the DxDDP this time?????? :eek:)

Your resort pics are beautiful. I truly do feel a little sad that we upgraded. I know it was the best decision for us and the way we work, but POR looks so beautiful. When I learn to chill out and enjoy the moment (which I'm hoping will finally happen in two weeks!), I will be more able to enjoy a place like this. :love:

Willow will love it for sure!!! So much to see. I think dinner is the better choice, too.

Well....you are kinda staying in a new resort/room ;)BWI room vs. BWV room:thumbsup2 What type of room did you request? Don't blame you for switching. It is much more convenient to Willow's favorite park. I totally get your fear of being late! :laughing: Remember....I'm the one who gets up at the crack of dawn and never misses Rope Drop :upsidedow

You're probably right! Wishful thinking...
We just have a standard view - the rates, even with discount, are so ridiculous, I couldn't justify anything else (especially since we are following 7 full days at WDW with 7 days on the Fantasy! :scared1:). I hope we are not disappointed after our amazing Boardwalk view last trip, but I think we'll be fine. ;) My stress over "being late" is so awful - it can really ruin things, so I know that it was the right decision. I talked to a friend who knows me well (and who is very frugal), and she was all, "Um, yeah, upgrading is definitely the right choice for you...." :rotfl2:

Love the boats to DTD we enjoyed using them when we stayed at POFQ & OKW.

Love Jessie's hat!

Hey there, Shelia :wave2: Hope you are feeling better :hug: Saw where you posted at 3am on the RC thread ;)

Jesse and his hat!! :upsidedow And also the trading pins! Believe it or not, he wore the silly things all day. We were shocked!

:love: that boat to DTD. I never knew it was a man made river! It seems longer then 2.5 miles! Such a beautiful trip. I always thought those Treehouses Villas right on the water would be so fun to stay at! I think wdw must have a mosquito program, I rarely get bit even in August around all that water at POR.

Hope I got my facts straight :laughing: That's what I read about the river and most of the lakes at Disney, too. You're right about the mosquitoes - they have to have major pest control there! Come to think of it, we've never encountered many bites, either :confused3

Speaking of which, it made the news up here, this summer a particular mosquito breed is hatching in Florida, supposed to be loads of them this season, bigger then the average mosquito, with a bigger bite too have you heard of this? I've never packed repellant before, but think I may this trip.
They sound like B52 bombers of the mosquito world!!

Haven't heard of them. Who knows?!? It's quite possible. We've had our fair share of them here (more than usual) because of all the rain. Bill has even sprayed twice, but they continue to bother us - the joys of living in the deep South :upsidedow

Yes, going to have to start laying out stuff to take and :laundy: it's hard cause I'm still wearing the stuff. We've been enjoying a beautiful July here. Not a speck of rain all month.

Do you remember packing last year?!? You had like 19 shirts or something like that :laughing: You better get a move on!!!

And speaking of rain - good grief! It's like every day here!! Haven't seen this much in years. At least it's been a fairly cool summer for us (cool meaning in the low 90s and not 101 degrees ;))

Didn't even think about the stroller factor :confused3 Sue is probably right - I feel quite certain you can take them on folded up. Now that we don't have kids in strollers anymore, it's one of those things that I have pushed out of my memory :laughing: I can remember Bill saying, "Will we ever move past this stage?!" And now we have ;) And just some FYI - we use to rent strollers from the Orlando Stroller Rentals. We didn't want to have to pack 2 of those suckers in the car because of space. They were AWESOME. They deliver right to your resort and pick up. The strollers were those heavy duty ones that were easy to push; and we rented rain covers, too. And can I say LIFE SAVER in the Florida rains??!!!

Sorry - a little off topic, but we were passionate about those Orlando Stroller Rentals :laughing:

We love the boat ride to/from DTD, glad you tried it.

Disney has all the bats to take care of the mosquitos. They really think of everything.

:laughing: I just asked Bill about the bat and mosquito thing since he's in the pest control industry. And his reply was "you didn't know that??" I do now!

Hopefully Jesse kept that hat on and you didn't have to carry it.

And he did :thumbsup2 Surprisingly enough

Great pics of the River Cruise! I tried to take it one night at POR but the conditions were too windy. We may do Old Key West in November of 2014 so that would be the perfect opportunity to try it again

Yay :yay: for OKW!! Are you DVC people, rent points??? Being nosey, I am :teeth:

GAH!!!! Slow down!!!!!!!!

:rotfl: One more installment and I'm DONE! Right before your trip!!

Okay, loved the pics and details about Tony's. Seems like it gets such mixed reviews, but it is so appealing with the theme and all. So happy to hear y'all enjoy it. Would love to eat there one day! (Did I tell you that we are doing the DxDDP this time??????

NO!!! You didn't tell me that! No kiddinig?! Well, you know how my family feels about that. We give it a :thumbsup2 simply because it's convenient and we love signature restaurants. Which restaurants are yall trying? Signatures? CRT??

Your resort pics are beautiful. I truly do feel a little sad that we upgraded. I know it was the best decision for us and the way we work, but POR looks so beautiful. When I learn to chill out and enjoy the moment (which I'm hoping will finally happen in two weeks!), I will be more able to enjoy a place like this.

You so did the right thing. And since you're going to be at WDW for 7 days, your choice makes more sense (to me, at least :laughing:) Maybe on your next trip you can do a split and try POR for a few days then move on to your deluxe accommodations.

We just have a standard view - the rates, even with discount, are so ridiculous, I couldn't justify anything else (especially since we are following 7 full days at WDW with 7 days on the Fantasy! I hope we are not disappointed after our amazing Boardwalk view last trip, but I think we'll be fine. My stress over "being late" is so awful - it can really ruin things, so I know that it was the right decision. I talked to a friend who knows me well (and who is very frugal), and she was all, "Um, yeah, upgrading is definitely the right choice for you...."

When I say I totally understand about being late - I TOTALLY understand ::yes:: I'm the same way, Roni. Remember - I'm the one who gets up at 5:30am on vacation just to make sure we're at Rope Drop :rolleyes1: I think there's a name for people like us, Roni????? Maybe you won't be disappointed since you know what to expect already. And just maybe you'll get a bit of pixiedust! Ya never know!!!

Jesse and his hat!! :upsidedow And also the trading pins! Believe it or not, he wore the silly things all day. We were shocked!

Kids are funny. When our youngest was five she wore a Goofy hat every day of our WDW trip. She wouldn't go anywhere without it. It is one of my favorite memories of that trip. :goodvibes

I'm glad it wasn't as big as Jesse's hat. ;)

Yes, I sure do remember all those shirts I packed :laughing: and I'm trying to cut down and not over-pack this trip :rotfl2: I can't even say it with a straight face, :sad2: I know I will. It's hopeless. That's for sure. I envy people who can ::yes::
Doing my wdw l:laundy: now. I'm going to try to have all my clothing laid out by Monday. And washed. Because of our renos going on downstairs I don't know how long I'll have a laundry room functioning.
Problem is that I'm still wearing my shorts etc. guess I can just leave a couple of shorts & tees to wear around here, then wash before I leave, at a friends if I must!!

Hi, I am new at this. Just subscribed to the forum. I would like to let you know that I have been following your trip reports (read them all in 3 days). I would just like to say that I love reading you and I can't wait to read the rest.

:rotfl: One more installment and I'm DONE! Right before your trip!!

NO!!! You didn't tell me that! No kiddinig?! Well, you know how my family feels about that. We give it a :thumbsup2 simply because it's convenient and we love signature restaurants. Which restaurants are yall trying? Signatures? CRT??

You so did the right thing. And since you're going to be at WDW for 7 days, your choice makes more sense (to me, at least :laughing:) Maybe on your next trip you can do a split and try POR for a few days then move on to your deluxe accommodations.

When I say I totally understand about being late - I TOTALLY understand ::yes:: I'm the same way, Roni. Remember - I'm the one who gets up at 5:30am on vacation just to make sure we're at Rope Drop :rolleyes1: I think there's a name for people like us, Roni????? Maybe you won't be disappointed since you know what to expect already. And just maybe you'll get a bit of pixiedust! Ya never know!!!
Well, it is nice of you to time your TR around my vaation. ::yes:: :rotfl2:

We are doing a ton of character meals and a ton of signatures - the best of both worlds. We always do CRT on our first day, and this trip will be no exception. We are also doing BOG, Flying Fish, Jiko, Artist Point, etc. We are both really excited! :cool1:

It's a disease - but at least we know ourselves! Changing resorts will absolutely make me stress out less, so I know it was the right choice. Plus, I love that early-morning walk to DHS. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter