2024 Skyliner Downtime

Slippery Yak

In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room…
Is there a way to know the 2024 Skyliner downtime? I know it is usually in January, and we are planning a Jan 2024 trip. With Riviera as the game resort I would like to have Skyliner up. Thanks!

That probably won't be announced until later this year. But this year (as you probably know), it's the end of Jan. But if you plan to depend on it with a Riviera stay in Jan, I can see your concerns.

That probably won't be announced until later this year. But this year (as you probably know), it's the end of Jan. But if you plan to depend on it with a Riviera stay in Jan, I can see your concerns.
I figured it wouldn’t be announced yet. Was trying to just dodge it by a week one way or the other, and was hoping I just missed it on a webpage.

The week post MLK week is when it will occur. (this is an educated guess)

Sunday, Jan 24 to Jan 28, 2021
Sunday, Jan 23 to Jan 28, 2022
Sunday, Jan 22 to Jan 29 2023

It will typically conclude quicker than the planned downtime as well.

Sunday, Jan. 21 to Jan 28 2024

Well, if you go with my "luck", it will probably start on the 28th in 2024. That's because that's the week I'm thinking of going to BCV! Wish we knew for sure. I do really like the dates listed above, and they do make sense.

I'm staying at BCV right now, and I'm not sure I'd recommend it without the Skyliner (and I love BCV). That's because I've gone over to Riveira 2 of the 3 nights I've been here to eat dinner. It's been a wonderful convenience for the Festival of the Arts, getting to Epcot, so maybe I would still recommend it, just not as much.

The 2023 refurb dates were not revealed until August 2022.

We stay at BCV often during festival times, and other than the occasional breakfast or dinner at Riviera (perhaps every other trip), we don't even need the Skyliner. The convenience to walk to EP/HS, or perhaps use the Friendship, is part of the reason we love the location and the resort! But I can see the Skyliner closing being a bigger deal if staying at AoA, Pop, CB, or Riv. We were at BCV last Jan during the refurb, and I seem to remember it opening a day or 2 early.

We stay at BCV often during festival times, and other than the occasional breakfast or dinner at Riviera (perhaps every other trip), we don't even need the Skyliner. The convenience to walk to EP/HS, or perhaps use the Friendship, is part of the reason we love the location and the resort! But I can see the Skyliner closing being a bigger deal if staying at AoA, Pop, CB, or Riv. We were at BCV last Jan during the refurb, and I seem to remember it opening a day or 2 early.
I think @Simba's Mom agrees with you. I read her post as not recommending Riviera without the Skyliner. When the Skyliner is down, buses are provided for the Skyliner resorts and those go to the bus area at EPCOT's main gate.

I think @Simba's Mom agrees with you. I read her post as not recommending Riviera without the Skyliner. When the Skyliner is down, buses are provided for the Skyliner resorts and those go to the bus area at EPCOT's main gate.
I apologize if I read it wrong. I read it as not recommending BCV without Skyliner because they like to visit Riviera.

Either way, I guess if Skyliner is important to a family, late January is something to monitor - as the OP is doing!

I apologize if I read it wrong. I read it as not recommending BCV without Skyliner because they like to visit Riviera.

Either way, I guess if Skyliner is important to a family, late January is something to monitor - as the OP is doing!
I'll admit that I guess I did. But as I gave it some more thought (I'm at BCV now), I realized that it is just so darn convenient to Epcot, that the Skyliner is an added perk. Even without the Skyliner, during the Festival of the Arts, BCV is the way to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter