• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Congratulations on getting married, that's exciting. Not sure about the Contemporary getting free dining, but you may get a room discount.

I have a problem.Yesterday I was advised I might need to change my reservation to teh Yacht Club. My DD is not on board with that, the whole dog friendly resort thing is skeeving her out. SO I need a back up plan and have been researching and pricing different resorts that look like they are included. It seems that Old Key West is included. Has anyone booked a two bedroom villa, and if so, was FD included?

I looked at the others, and for each one the cost just keeps rising. I do not want either CSR or CBR, and POR is not on the list. I am tying to keep the cost to about 2000 per person.

From what I’ve read online it sounds like Movies room refurbishment will be done in November, then they will start Music followed by Sports.
Justca heads up that unless they put crazy amounts of people on the room refurbishments at ASMo, they won’t be done in November. I’ve been tracking and updating the Pop renovations thread since the beginning and it takes an average of 2 1/2 -3 months per building to renovate. If they are doing similar renovations I would plan on a similar timeline. Pop has 10 buildings and it has taken them 13 months to complete the first 6 buildings. Yes, they overlap some buildings. Hope this helps.

Honestly, I don’t recall seeing it at all. For the last week it has had “9 promotions” at the top of the page and today it said “10” and the Disney Visa was the new addition. All the others are the same as they have been. Unless we see different promos or something. But DV was definitely new for me today.
That one's been there the last several times I've checked the last couple of weeks.

Honestly, I am getting kind of nervous that the release rumors haven't been firmed up much at this point. We usually book BB every year, but this year Hurricane Irma led to a trip cancellation for us. We rescheduled in December but weren't able to book the FD BB offer then. I plan on being up at 3am or so Monday just like everybody but honestly the stress and anticipation of this whole thing is making me nervous. :guilty:

I just realized the rumors says AOA may not be included even the suites which is where I have part of my family.. It also says you have to have a park hopperc ticket so Ill have to add park hopper which kinda sucks since we never use PH option.. I sat down and did the math tho if I have to move that part of my family over to ASMU suites and add PH it still saves me almost $900 heck I can move them over to AKL and save $500 with FD...Decisions, decisions.. My DS wanted something where he and GF had their own room tho and that would mean ASMU suites, OKW or a cabin at FW then...Altho CBR, and CSR would save me over $1300... hmmm..

Honestly, I am getting kind of nervous that the release rumors haven't been firmed up much at this point. We usually book BB every year, but this year Hurricane Irma led to a trip cancellation for us. We rescheduled in December but weren't able to book the FD BB offer then. I plan on being up at 3am or so Monday just like everybody but honestly the stress and anticipation of this whole thing is making me nervous. :guilty:
It really is stressful... Its ridiculous tho Im staying DVC so I cant use it but Im paying for part of my family and I really need to save some money so Im really praying this drops on Mon and I can just add it to their AOA suites instead of having to completely change the resort and all. My grandson would love the car suits...

My opinion, not that anyone cares, is that if you have your dates set and are happy with the offer you have great, book it. If a better offer comes out (free dining) that you can modify to, do it. However, I have seen comments of people who booked a room and if they can't get free dining, plan on canceling. I have even saw people state they have multiple reservations with the hopes that one will qualify to modify and plan on canceling the rest.

I can't like this enough! I don't think people realize how they sway the room availability...

Looking to book Pop on FD for end of November. Haven't stayed there in years so I don't know which building (standard) to request. Also will all of the rooms been refurbished. Staying at ASSp in August on BB. Hoping that it drops on Monday morning as I go into work late that day. As others have said if I can't get it on the first day I will keep trying. It seems people have already booked multiple reservation hoping for free dining and plan on making a new one and cancelling the old.

From what I’ve read online it sounds like Movies room refurbishment will be done in November, then they will start Music followed by Sports.
What? How is that possible? They haven't even started. Pop has been worked on for over a year and they are still not done!
Justca heads up that unless they put crazy amounts of people on the room refurbishments at ASMo, they won’t be done in November. I’ve been tracking and updating the Pop renovations thread since the beginning and it takes an average of 2 1/2 -3 months per building to renovate. If they are doing similar renovations I would plan on a similar timeline. Pop has 10 buildings and it has taken them 13 months to complete the first 6 buildings. Yes, they overlap some buildings. Hope this helps.
Agreed! Movies will be lucky to have 2 building done in November!

Not only do all the reservations ppl are making sway the availbility of FD and other discounts it also keeps other families from getting FD or other discounts. Just bc you canceled a FD package doesnt mean that room goes back under FD! I know this for a fact bc I worked at DRC and we had to tell guests this many times a day when they would call in and complain bc they know their neighbor just canceled one 5 min before and they were angry bc they couldnt get that canceled reservation under FD.
The whole booking just in case FD comes or booking several reservations is so ridiculous bc come on ppl think about it, why would Disney put out discounts if they dont have any issues getting rooms booked? Also it seems very selfish to book a bunch of rooms bc again your keeping other families from getting to go..

Not only do all the reservations ppl are making sway the availbility of FD and other discounts it also keeps other families from getting FD or other discounts. Just bc you canceled a FD package doesnt mean that room goes back under FD! I know this for a fact bc I worked at DRC and we had to tell guests this many times a day when they would call in and complain bc they know their neighbor just canceled one 5 min before and they were angry bc they couldnt get that canceled reservation under FD.
The whole booking just in case FD comes or booking several reservations is so ridiculous bc come on ppl think about it, why would Disney put out discounts if they dont have any issues getting rooms booked? Also it seems very selfish to book a bunch of rooms bc again your keeping other families from getting to go..

If younare going regardless book! If you are only going if you get FD, dont book till its released, what dont people get?

I have a question: We've booked our Pop Century package for end of Nov/first of Dec with park hopper tickets. IF Free Dining comes available, this would be a great bonus for our trip! But, my question is: On the morning it (possibly) comes available, what is the quickest way to modify my resv? The fewest clicks: through the "Special Offers" section or through "MyDisneyExperience"? Exact details would be appreciated! TIA!

Thank ya! Well said! :stitch2:

I have a problem.Yesterday I was advised I might need to change my reservation to teh Yacht Club. My DD is not on board with that, the whole dog friendly resort thing is skeeving her out. SO I need a back up plan and have been researching and pricing different resorts that look like they are included. It seems that Old Key West is included. Has anyone booked a two bedroom villa, and if so, was FD included?

I looked at the others, and for each one the cost just keeps rising. I do not want either CSR or CBR, and POR is not on the list. I am tying to keep the cost to about 2000 per person.
How many people do you have? The villas do seem to get excluded often from FD. How about a suite? A 2 bedroom club level suite at Beach Club costs $1700/night in September and includes food all day, which can save quite a bit of both food money and time if you have a lot of people. And I've never seen a dog there. And if it's just you and your DD, then forget free dining. Room only discount is worth much more.

Last edited:
How many people do you have? The villas do seem to get excluded often from FD. How about a suite? A 2 bedroom club level suite at Beach Club costs $1700/night in September and includes food all day, which can save quite a bit of both food money and time if you have a lot of people. And I've never seen a dog there. And if it's just you and your DD, then forget free dining. Room only discount is worth much more.

There are 7 of us. Ideally we would have one room fd and one ro. CL won't work for us. My dh mutinied last time and the time before when we tried to have breakfast in the lounge every day. Poor man thought we were starving him! Lol!!! That last trip I decided when he us with us dxddp might be needed!

I’ve booked a standard room at AKL and fingers crossed there’s availability for FD. Does anyone know if a room upgrade might be required to get FD? Haven’t been in 5 years so I didn’t know if this was something they required in the last few years.

I’ve booked a standard room at AKL and fingers crossed there’s availability for FD. Does anyone know if a room upgrade might be required to get FD? Haven’t been in 5 years so I didn’t know if this was something they required in the last few years.
It might be required. It all depends on availability. From my experience, standard rooms are included, but they go fast, especially at moderate and deluxe resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter