2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Is there an accomplishment shirt at the finish line? I know there's a medal but I'd like a shirt that says " I just crushed those 13.1 miles" or something like that. Do I need to make my own? LOL

Is there an accomplishment shirt at the finish line? I know there's a medal but I'd like a shirt that says " I just crushed those 13.1 miles" or something like that. Do I need to make my own? LOL
They have "I Did It" shirts at the expo you can buy beforehand...I think they are sometimes available at the finish area as well.

EEEEK sorry it's so huge!
16831832_1797307936961827_5139440536468301020_n.jpg

You get your finishers shirt at the expo when you pick up your bib.

I keep checking too! It was Wednesday for W&D. I really want to start planning my Expo strategy, haha!
Ah, if it was Wednesday for Wine & Dine I'd imagine they will follow a similar schedule for Princess. :scratchin Mostly I want to see the race shirts!

Ah, if it was Wednesday for Wine & Dine I'd imagine they will follow a similar schedule for Princess. :scratchin Mostly I want to see the race shirts!

My DD wants NB Haunted Mansion sneakers so I'm waiting for that info too. We are going to be in the air on our way to Orlando when the virtual que opens, if it goes the same as last year.

I am not planning on buying any of the generic princess or glass slipper merch, but if there is any BatB specific merch all bets are off, lol!

My DD wants NB Haunted Mansion sneakers so I'm waiting for that info too. We are going to be in the air on our way to Orlando when the virtual que opens, if it goes the same as last year.

I am not planning on buying any of the generic princess or glass slipper merch, but if there is any BatB specific merch all bets are off, lol!
You probably already know this, but when I got the NB shoes last month they told me that my returning at the right time wasn't super important, just that I had a reservation at all - I arrived about an hour after my window had closed (they texted me an hour early and I had JUST landed at MCO, so I knew I wouldn't make it). Hope this makes sense...hopefully you'll still get a spot!

You probably already know this, but when I got the NB shoes last month they told me that my returning at the right time wasn't super important, just that I had a reservation at all - I arrived about an hour after my window had closed (they texted me an hour early and I had JUST landed at MCO, so I knew I wouldn't make it). Hope this makes sense...hopefully you'll still get a spot!

Two years ago my friend wanted me to pick her up sneakers at princess. I had trouble logging in to get a spot in the que, and by the time I did it was an afternoon spot. I had dining reservations that I couldn't change, so I got in line in the morning and tried to plead my case, they would not let me get in early.

Last year I tried again and got an earlier time, so it was no problem. They told me you can get in after your time, but not before.

I have heard that it is not that crazy at the other race weekends. I didn't try to get in at SW or W&D, but the lines didn't look too bad.

Come on race shirts..... I want lots of red, blue and yellow. :D

I wouldn't anticipate seeing anything until tomorrow at the earliest, but I'm usually wrong... so...

I'm several pages behind because I got sick for a week before my flight and then flew out to Florida on the 14th. Been severely distracted since then enjoying time with the BFF and the parks. So I don't know if someone heard back on this before me...

But update about the discount: finally heard back. Confirmed that they are no longer offering the discount for the other coast's pass like they have in the past as recently as last year.

I'm bummed, but oh well. The only annoying part was they tried to play it off as either a mistake or a one time courtesy. Considering I was told by runDisney CMs to take advantage of it in the past and it was something many people have posted about getting in the past over the years, I doubt it was a mistake. It was a conscious decision to give the discount with zero hesitation.

I'll believe, though, it was like the purchase with purchase in the parks at DLR where CMs allowed you to combine receipts from the whole day (and actively encouraged you to do so) to reach the spend minimum. Officially it wasn't allowed, but it was a word of mouth known thing. My mom and I got surprised one day when we suddenly couldn't do this anymore. The CM was kind enough to be truthful that someone up high got wind of it and forced them to start enforcing the "in same purchase only" restriction. So maybe they're just finally enforcing a previous rule. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is.

Anywho. I'm still going to ask in person to be sure. But the in writing I received is that the current rule is only a pass that's good for that coast and this is a change from last year.

Now to catch up on 20+ pages, lol!

Finally got my act together and am 75% packed (for 8 days for 4 people - I'm impressed with myself ;-) )! Now just 3.5 days of work until we fly out Friday afternoon.

So I finally read the event guide - and realized the expo closing time on Sat is 3pm. We are doing MK that morning and leaving around lunch. I was planning to walk over and grad a shuttle to the expo from Contemporary - so I think I should have plenty of time to grab my bib, etc. I might browse a little. Anyone see a proble with this plan that I'm missing??

Now I'm focused on the weather for Sunday....

Is there a way to print the digital events guide? In the past when it was pdf, I used to print it out and go over it on the plane on my way down. Now I can't find a way to print it. How do you view it offline? Can I download it on to my ipad and read it on the plane? that's when I usually plan when to go to expo, get up in the morning, etc...lol

Is there a way to print the digital events guide? In the past when it was pdf, I used to print it out and go over it on the plane on my way down. Now I can't find a way to print it. How do you view it offline? Can I download it on to my ipad and read it on the plane? that's when I usually plan when to go to expo, get up in the morning, etc...lol
I know for Wine and Dine I copy/pasted things to word and printed them

Use your share button on safari and hit add to reading list and you should be able to read off line. Or something like that. good luck

I'm trying to figure out how to dress for park days. I know I will be chilly in the mornings and evenings and will want long pants. I might want shorts in the afternoons though. What are your plans? Also, do you plan on taking cast-off sweats for the race morning?

I'm trying to figure out how to dress for park days. I know I will be chilly in the mornings and evenings and will want long pants. I might want shorts in the afternoons though. What are your plans? Also, do you plan on taking cast-off sweats for the race morning?

I don't think we'll stay at the parks all day so I plan to change in the evenings before dinner.

I'm trying to decide about throwaways. I always bring them for a race but I'm not planning to check a bag and since I'm running 3 races that would be a lot of extra clothes to bring. I have a mylar blanket from my last race and will get a new one after each race but I'm not sure that will be warm enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter