2015 Planning Disney Parks, Cruises, Universal & NY - Did I forget anything? **We're here! Upd 02/01

What a great room.
We took our kids (8 &11) to see Matilda and we all loved it. Very charming show.

Disneyland has come and gone, it went so quick. I may have called the no crowds too early. Wed- Sat was crowded. We saw both versions of WoC, the second was a fluke, we were heading over to Toy Story Mania for a late ride and saw that everyone was in place for another WoC show. Walking over the bridge and there was a prime vacant spot, and it was about to start in 10mins. So we waited and had a fantastic view, probably even better than the view from The Carthay Circle Reserved area. Again we we just lucky, it's great when things like that just happen !
DSC_0827_zpsvkbjzxuw.jpg

DSC_0838_zpslv0kn592.jpg

DSC_0859_zpsq1nr94do.jpg

After WoC we made a B line for Toy Story Mania and got on with a 10min wait. We would have ridden it again, but it just hit park closing time.

Downtown Disney had an Ice Skating rink set up which was kind of cool and a really great tree in the middle of it.
DSC_0765_zpslwgdtfj0.jpg

Star Wars Launch Pad is fantastic. It was a shame it closed early and doesn't stay open when the park stays open late as we went to go back one evening but it was closed.

We saw tons of characters, the Duck is my favourite from the traditional characters.

DSC_0509_zpspv1avvtf.jpg

We were up early to get our flight to Orlando and now have one day at Universal under our belt....Diagon Alley, WOW just WOW, so well done. I'll leave the detail and pics for the trip report later, but I was really blown away with it...Tomorrow we will have a bit of a sleep in as we have had a few early days in a row and we are after all on holidays! :)

Sounds like you are having great fun.
Which WOC did you prefer, as I read there are 2 versions.
Not sure if we will be able to see them both, but I am heading towards the Walt one

Lucky to catch WoC both nights- you have been having some luck this trip. I know Diagon Alley-wow, wow, wow!!

Sounds like you are having great fun.
Which WOC did you prefer, as I read there are 2 versions.
Not sure if we will be able to see them both, but I am heading towards the Walt one

Yes there are two versions of WoC, Winter Dreams and Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney for the 60th Anniversary. We didn't know this until we were told when we had our dining at Carthay Circle and were asked which show we wanted to go. Before I could ask about them, DS had already said the first show (Winter Dreams) to the attendant so that was the one we saw the first time. We had (partially) seen the 60th Anniversary from our room balcony the night before.

For me I the 60th Anniversary one was my favourite. Winter Dreams is great, but The history, Walt story and Neil Patrick Harris narrating was more appealing to me than Olaf, but each to our own. I am glad we saw both but if I only saw the first then I would have been happy and enjoyed it all the same.

Lucky to catch WoC both nights- you have been having some luck this trip. I know Diagon Alley-wow, wow, wow!!

It was your photos of Diagon Alley on your TR that made me want to go see it even more , and really got me into my trip planning, so thank you! :)

Last edited:
Great Photos. Next stop the Boardwalk.

Last edited:

Looks amazing. We watched WOC from the bridge too and thought it was a great view without being squished up with everyone. The tree looks beautiful, as does Donald with his Xmas sweater.

Glad to be an inspirration iffam. One day we will get to WOC! I am looking forward to reliving Universal and WDW vicariously through you!

Have you arrived yet. Which room No. are you in?

We have arrived, checked in Thursday. The room was ready when we got here around 10:30am, which was great and way better than when we checking into Disneyland.

We spent our day at Hollywood Studios today, did Toy Story as soon as we got there, we had 5 mins to spare on our FP+ time window! It was a great ride to start our trip with. Got Star Tours under our belt also so it’s been a great day. Went to Trattoria for dinner tonight and it was great. Did an Italian wine tasting!

DSC_0602_zpsjvqj8j6y.jpg

DSC_0611_zps9gjh4abr.jpg

Creepy looking faces on the chairs!
DSC_0620_zps0kazcj9f.jpg

I would love to stay here one day. Good to get straight in to your room and sounds like a nice start to Orlando part of the trip.

I would love to stay here one day. Good to get straight in to your room and sounds like a nice start to Orlando part of the trip.

I must say the location is great. We love to be able to walk to a park, here we walk to two HS & Epcot. I thought I may miss staying at Wilderness Resort because I loved it so much last time. I think I have now realised that each of the Disney resorts have their own charm, feel and experience. Boardwalk is great. I might consider paying extra next time for a Boardwalk view, not that our view is bad, it overlooks the entrance and at night we get a great view of Epcot fireworks. I like that there are different shops, eating options right on the Boardwalk and Beach & Yacht Club not far either.

here are a couple of photos of the fireworks I took from our very large balcony.

DSC_0992_zps4l2w39qe.jpg

DSC_0949_zpsnil0ebfe.jpg

ok way way behind. quick update. ...

We are now in New York. Since I last posted (WDW) we had one night in Cocoa Beach and went to Kennedy Space Centre, have cruised the Bahamas for 7 nights, had Christmas on Castaway Cay. Flown to Washington DC had three nights there, caught the train to NYC, had NYE in Time Square and we are now on our 5th night in NYC.

a quick summary of the cruise ..

Eat, Cruise, Eat More.. just like the T-Shirt says!!

We upgraded at the Port to a 1 bed suite. - FANTASTIC! double the size and service on tap. Very spoilt for our first cruise. We got to see Star Wars on board which was great, actually we saw it a number of times.

Concierge service was best service we've ever experienced. In fact the service on the cruise was truly a notch above anything we've experienced. I know that Disney service in the parks and resorts is excellent and certainly usually far better than most other service, but the cruise we found went further. We did experience some rougher than normal seas for the first three days which did impact DS a little with sea sickness, but it wasn't too bad and found the sea sick tablets helped greatly. There was so much to do, but we used the time more for relaxing, enjoying our time together and being looked after! Being away for Christmas was a little unusual feeling. While very "Christmasy" on board it wasn't the same as being at home with extended family and friends, but we still had a great time.

I've posted a few photos I hope you all enjoy.

DSC_1850_zps6fjuoomw.jpg

DSC_1878_zpsoi4jq6pn.jpg

DSC_1881_zpscaguybnq.jpg

DSC_1917_zpsvlthckro.jpg

DSC_1961_zps8nvorwmq.jpg

DSC_2082_zpsknw5zhvp.jpg

DSC_2163_zpssnga6hhh.jpg

DSC_2175_zpsgfevy24e.jpg

DSC_2235_zpsrfaxoqs0.jpg

DSC_2256_zps1pdxsoun.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds good but a few rough days at the start is not encouraging me - lol! Sounds like you really enjoyed the luxury. If ever we cruise, other than a river cruise, I think Disney it will have to be; everyone makes the service and whole experience sound so good. Looking forward to hearing all about Washington and NYC when you get back and have time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter