• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't answer your specific menu questions but wanted to say Gaspie's as well as the Beach Pool bar are very accommodating for food allergies. They can usually modify menu items and substitute other allergy friendly options. I cannot eat gluten or egg yolks and my DD16 is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, bananas, and melons. We always had great meals with ONE exception. Had a bad experience with room service and would never attempt that again with so many allergy requests. Something about speaking to someone only over the phone about your needs that does not always translate well with so many different people involved.....

Thank you! None of my allergies are anaphylactic, I get migraine headaches which certainly isn’t good but not life-threatening. Thank you for the advice, I’m going to bump my post and see if anyone else can answer ..

I forgot I have more questions !

Is the Bounty platter no longer on the breakfast menu ? Is the quiche a combination of ham, Swiss, and spinach, or are there two different choices ? I have a pork allergy and was a bit surprised to see it looks like they don’t have an option without.

Are tator tots an option at lunch ?

Just bumping this to see if anyone knows

Just bumping this to see if anyone knows
I generally grab lunch or late nite snacks so not sure about breakfast.

However I have not seen tater tots at lunch although someone else may know for sure.

Since everything is custom made if they have the items they may make it, so free to ask.

For quiche I often get it at Epcot at the (french pastry shop )Patisserie. They usually have 2 kinds one with and one without meat.

On our arrival day in Sept we plan on hanging out at the resort for the day, and going to MNSSHP that night, so we wanted to do a quick service lunch and looking at the Gasprilla menu I was disappointed to see nothing but sandwiches, a burger and pizza...
I saw the pool bar has some interesting things and they take QS right?
Anyone ate lunch at either lately and can tell their experience

On our arrival day in Sept we plan on hanging out at the resort for the day, and going to MNSSHP that night, so we wanted to do a quick service lunch and looking at the Gasprilla menu I was disappointed to see nothing but sandwiches, a burger and pizza...
I saw the pool bar has some interesting things and they take QS right?
Anyone ate lunch at either lately and can tell their experience
I love lunch at the Beach Pool. Crab cake! Everything is made there. At Courtyard pool bar food comes from Gaspys.
Doesn’t Gaspys still have the make your own salad option?

I love lunch at the Beach Pool. Crab cake! Everything is made there. At Courtyard pool bar food comes from Gaspys.
Doesn’t Gaspys still have the make your own salad option?

Not on the Disney site

We ate at Gasparilla Island Grill for lunch a couple of weeks ago, and they did have the make your own salad option. I wanted to try the chicken & brie sandwich, which was tasty enough. Can't remember what DH had, but it was fine too. We'll eat lunch there in future if we're staying at GF but wouldn't make a special trip. (The Beach Pool bar was closed for renovations when we were there, so couldn't try the crab cake. :( )

I have a few more questions

1) Is there King bed rooms in the standard Garden view category? And if so, are they the same size rooms as the ines with 2 queen beds? ( will have a pack n play and wondering if a king room would have more floor space )

2) Are there washers and dryers in each building? Or only at a designated area, like by the pool?

3) Do the coffee pots take regular keurig pods or is it another kind ( we have specific coffee we drink )

TIA!!

I have a few more questions

1) Is there King bed rooms in the standard Garden view category? And if so, are they the same size rooms as the ines with 2 queen beds? ( will have a pack n play and wondering if a king room would have more floor space )

2) Are there washers and dryers in each building? Or only at a designated area, like by the pool?

3) Do the coffee pots take regular keurig pods or is it another kind ( we have specific coffee we drink )

TIA!!

1. Yes and yes.

2. From post #1 of this thread
  • 24-hour self-service laundry rooms are located in each building (except Sugar Loaf) with a couple washers/dryers each. (one washer, one dryer in the main building, second floor)
3. The rooms have a Keurig machine now.

Last edited:
1. Yes and yes.

• 24-hour self-service laundry rooms are located in each building (except Sugar Loaf) with a couple washers/dryers each. (one washer, one dryer in the main building, second floor)
Thank you so much!!

1. Yes and yes.

Can you also confirm for me if the sofa in the King room is a flip down daybed or a full size sleeper sofa? I just read (somewhere) that the king room is a full size sleeper, don’t know how old that info is tho) I’m hoping it’s just a flip down daybed.

Can you also confirm for me if the sofa in the King room is a flip down daybed or a full size sleeper sofa? I just read (somewhere) that the king room is a full size sleeper, don’t know how old that info is tho) I’m hoping it’s just a flip down daybed.

It can have either a daybed or full size sleeper.

I had a deluxe king rpc and even that was a flip down. I think the full size is only the deluxe king rpc turret style. Since you are std garden , king upon request, it will be the twin flip down.

I had a deluxe king rpc and even that was a flip down. I think the full size is only the deluxe king rpc turret style. Since you are std garden , king upon request, it will be the twin flip down.
Ok! Good to know, we need the floor space for a pack n play and was planning on putting 4 year old on the sofa daybed, didn’t want the hassle of the big full size sofa sleeper :)

We are traveling to GF with friends and one of the kids will be turning 6 while we are there. Any suggestions on something exciting we could have delivered to her room to make her birthday extra special?

Delta just changed our flights, so instead of arriving on 11/20 at 6:30 pm, we arrive at 10:30 am. While the thought of waking up at 4:30 am doesn't thrill me, I am slowly starting to embrace the idea that we now have a nice chunk of a day to enjoy the resort/do other things when we arrive.

We are booked in an Outer Building Theme Park view room. Any idea what time rooms are usually ready? I am guessing by the time we arrive at the resort it will be close to noon (we are using DME for transportation). Trying to decide if we should hand carry our luggage and then leave it with concierge and then go off and explore, maybe do DS for shopping and lunch, then come back for when room is ready. We never check bags when we travel so I don't want to pay to check bags just for the convenience of the DME handling everything and delivering straight to the rooms. Any idea if we would be allowed to leave luggage someplace if we don't do the check-in through to the resort?

Other ideas of things to do while we wait for our room? We aren't planning on doing parks until Thursday so we will now have 1 1/2 days of resort time..

Delta just changed our flights, so instead of arriving on 11/20 at 6:30 pm, we arrive at 10:30 am. While the thought of waking up at 4:30 am doesn't thrill me, I am slowly starting to embrace the idea that we now have a nice chunk of a day to enjoy the resort/do other things when we arrive.

We are booked in an Outer Building Theme Park view room. Any idea what time rooms are usually ready? I am guessing by the time we arrive at the resort it will be close to noon (we are using DME for transportation). Trying to decide if we should hand carry our luggage and then leave it with concierge and then go off and explore, maybe do DS for shopping and lunch, then come back for when room is ready. We never check bags when we travel so I don't want to pay to check bags just for the convenience of the DME handling everything and delivering straight to the rooms. Any idea if we would be allowed to leave luggage someplace if we don't do the check-in through to the resort?

Other ideas of things to do while we wait for our room? We aren't planning on doing parks until Thursday so we will now have 1 1/2 days of resort time..
You luggage wont be delivered until you room is ready normally it takes DME a couple hours to deliver them anyway. You never know when the rooms will be ready we have had times its ready at check in and times its not until 3.
I would pack a carry on with swim things and change of clothes and things so you can explore the resort some and swim and relax. I would say DME will get you to your resort around noon so you can always get lunch after checking in if room isn't ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter