2013 Smiley Thread

I am doing good, I would say that I have turned a corner in how I feel. Everyday I get a little stronger and feel a little better.
For awhile it was two forward and one back, but lately it is all forward! Fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc.

How are you? Have you heard from Kathy since her surgery?

:hyper2:
I feel horrible I did not know she had surgery. You keep resting yourself. I am hanging right here with you everyday. I care about everyone here. I am grateful you are feeling better , little by little. Take as much time is needed. :hug:

Her surgery was Monday afternoon, I have not seen her on since then. Just thinking about her.

Thanks dear for always looking after me and thinking about me, it is very helpful.
Glad you are doing well also. :hug:

Surgery wasn't scheduled until a week ago. I posted on the "I'm" thread earlier today. Long story short I didn't get home until 9:30 pm on Monday. Surgery ended up more complicated than expected; repaired my rotator cuff, a torn tendon and scraped some shoulder bone spurs. Yesterday was horrible; very painful even with a pain med catheter and oxycontin. But today was better, will be in a splint for several weeks but hopefully okay by our trip at the end of April.

And thanks for all the worry and good thoughts. You are both so sweet!
:hug:

Surgery wasn't scheduled until a week ago. I posted on the "I'm" thread earlier today. Long story short I didn't get home until 9:30 pm on Monday. Surgery ended up more complicated than expected; repaired my rotator cuff, a torn tendon and scraped some shoulder bone spurs. Yesterday was horrible; very painful even with a pain med catheter and oxycontin. But today was better, will be in a splint for several weeks but hopefully okay by our trip at the end of April.

And thanks for all the worry and good thoughts. You are both so sweet!
:hug:
I hope you are feeling better today..:hug:

Doing well today, thanks!

Stopped the oxycontin which wasn't really helping at all; am back on my reg meds (tylenol 3) and doing more for myself although I can't shower etc. yet! UGH!

:oops:

Doing well today, thanks!

Stopped the oxycontin which wasn't really helping at all; am back on my reg meds (tylenol 3) and doing more for myself although I can't shower etc. yet! UGH!

:oops:
Tylenol 3 to me is harsh...Look forward to the shower soon. Can you take a bath?:hug:

Tylenol 3 to me is harsh...Look forward to the shower soon. Can you take a bath?:hug:

No, not yet. It's sponge baths for awhile. Tylenol 3s are what I take on a daily basis for my hips so it works for me. Remember we had this discussion before.......

Thanks Jo! Went for a haircut today and now I'm waiting for my doctor's office to call back with answers about PT etc.

:fish:

Hope everyone is doing well, and I too felt like my hair was greasy! My hair is almost to my waist so it always up in a clip. As soon as I was awake and stayed there until I went to sleep. That is one thing I do not think David could have done, wash my hair. Just thinking about it now makes me chuckle. lol

:chat:

Hope everyone is doing well, and I too felt like my hair was greasy! My hair is almost to my waist so it always up in a clip. As soon as I was awake and stayed there until I went to sleep. That is one thing I do not think David could have done, wash my hair. Just thinking about it now makes me chuckle. lol

:chat:

Wow, your hair is long Brandi! I never knew that.

It was wonderful to have my hair washed for me the other day. I will attempt doing it myself this weekend. I bought a hair blower stand to help me style my hair myself.

I had to teach DH and DS how to put my hair in a scrunchy. Boy was that fun! DH really struggled to do even 2 twists of the scrunchy but DS can do 3 twists pretty easily so he wins!

Now if only I could teach one of them to put my earrings in :ssst: ! My ear lobes are very thick; even I have a hard time putting them in but I don't want the holes to close.

How are you feeling Brandi? Don't work too hard or too long. Recovery really does come at its own pace.

I started PT on Wednesday but had to cancel today's due to the ice and snow we have. But I am faithfully doing my exercises, ugh!

Overall, I feel pretty good but finding a good position to sleep is sometimes a problem.

Enjoy your weekend!

Brandi don't rush it. Take your time.

Kathy you keep resting. Take the pain pill to sleep.

Ladies , greasy hair is the worst.......

I cut my hair every couple of years and donate it and then let it grow back out again. I have been doing that for about 10 years I guess.

I feel so much better today than I have the last couple of days, my allergies have been going crazy. Blowing my nose so many times, the first day I did not notice, but I was using those stomach muscles that have been on rest. I felt like I had been to the gym working out. But today is better.

Going over to a friends house today for lunch and drinks. Hope y'all have a great day.

I cut my hair every couple of years and donate it and then let it grow back out again. I have been doing that for about 10 years I guess.

I feel so much better today than I have the last couple of days, my allergies have been going crazy. Blowing my nose so many times, the first day I did not notice, but I was using those stomach muscles that have been on rest. I felt like I had been to the gym working out. But today is better.

Going over to a friends house today for lunch and drinks. Hope y'all have a great day.
:dance3: Enjoy your time out. My ear has been clogged for the last few days. I am going to sit and listen to my book today , Hubby is on call and working so I can catch up on my book....yay!

GLad to hear you are feeling better Brandi! Now that's a unusual way to exercise those muscles but one I'm sure you'd rather not use! Sorry to hear about the allergies.

While allergies are far less common out here dry noses and nosebleeds are common. DH has had several nosebleeds and I have had a couple tinges.

I'm feeling good today too! Ding my shoulder therapy exercises and they seem to be helping.

:dance3: Enjoy your time out. My ear has been clogged for the last few days. I am going to sit and listen to my book today , Hubby is on call and working so I can catch up on my book....yay!
My ear does the same when the allergies get bad, I have been listening to a audio book but have to use my headphones, and my ear does not like it! Glad you are getting some "me" time, to me that always helps.

GLad to hear you are feeling better Brandi! Now that's a unusual way to exercise those muscles but one I'm sure you'd rather not use! Sorry to hear about the allergies.

While allergies are far less common out here dry noses and nosebleeds are common. DH has had several nosebleeds and I have had a couple tinges.

I'm feeling good today too! Ding my shoulder therapy exercises and they seem to be helping.
Do those exercises, I know they are a pain but overall well worth it. Glad you are doing well.

This crazy weather we are having, it was 80 here yesterday. and 45 right now. Ugggghhh

:ccat:

My ear does the same when the allergies get bad, I have been listening to a audio book but have to use my headphones, and my ear does not like it! Glad you are getting some "me" time, to me that always helps.

Do those exercises, I know they are a pain but overall well worth it. Glad you are doing well.

This crazy weather we are having, it was 80 here yesterday. and 45 right now. Ugggghhh

:ccat:

How true about the weather! In the 30s-40s at night and 60s-70s in the daytime! But we actually have a light rain today; truly a rarity and so good for the dryness.

Enjoy your audio book!

I am very diligent about my exercises; actually like them.

Have a nice Sunday Brandi and Jo too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter