You Get a Suite! You Get a Suite! Everybody Gets a Suite! December 2023 Trip Report! (Updated 5/2!)

That was incredible good luck on top of good news! Can you imagine anyone saying "no thank you" to an upgrade to a two-bedroom suite. ;)
Yeah, we were definitely in shock after that check-in. Between the upgrade and getting money back on the room, it was kind of amazing. And no, I cannot imagine anyone rejecting that upgrade!
Your post made me remember back to our trip. Our departure day was your arrival day and my sister had trouble with the resort charging to her credit card. The WDW wide glitch would explain what happened. :)
Ah yeah, apparently it was a pretty big issue that day. Even later that evening at HS CM's were talking about it. Glad it was fixed by the next day!

Yay another trip report!! Your dad is a cutie. You and your mom are such a great duo at Disney. I can't wait to hear what happens on your trio trip. Then, that suite AND money back from the Mouse???!!!! That's the start to an AMAZING adventure.
Haha, thanks! I cannot wait to get into more details on this trip, stupid work this week preventing me from writing more immediately! And yes, getting that upgrade AND money back was fantastic, I feel like we won the lottery that day!

Off to a great start! And love that your Dad came too. My dad came with my Mom and I on our September trip this year, but chose a resort only trip for himself (except for some dinners we had in a few hotels).
Thanks! Yeah, it was fantastic having both parents on this trip. As much as I love the mother daughter trips, having the whole family be together was so nice this time!

Following along, and super jealous of your amazing upgrade!!!!!!! Lucky ducks!!! Cant wait to read more!!
:welcome:, thanks for following along! Yeah, we got sooooo lucky with that upgrade, it was seriously the best start to a trip ever!

Oh my goodness! Nothing but green lights on the trip so far! Amazing. Sounds like this trip is going to be difficult to top! Can't wait to hear more.

Oh my goodness! Nothing but green lights on the trip so far! Amazing. Sounds like this trip is going to be difficult to top! Can't wait to hear more.
Yeah, this trip is going to be hard to top, everything was just so amazing. We kept joking that we should have played the lottery the day we checked in since luck was certainly on our side that day!

Wow! Congrats on that upgrade. Your dad must be a good luck charm 8-)
Can't wait to read more!

Joining in! What an amazing upgrade! I would have been bawling like a baby! So nice to have such a smooth arrival as well. Glad you were able to fit everything into the tiny sedan! What a headache!

Joining in! What an amazing upgrade! I would have been bawling like a baby! So nice to have such a smooth arrival as well. Glad you were able to fit everything into the tiny sedan! What a headache!
:welcome:, thanks for joining in! Yeah, I was on the verge of tears when Stephanie asked us if the suite would be ok, most magical start to a trip ever! And ooph, that sedan, when it pulled up I had serious doubts it would fit everything, but somehow it did!

Day 1, Part 3: First Taste of Festival of the Holidays!

After checking out the store at the Boardwalk it was finally time to head into Epcot! Good thing because we were so hungry by then!

Once in Epcot we swung by the store at the IG to pick up the Olaf scavenger hunt map (and the prize), as well as a new gift card since I totally forgot to bring one of my other ones down. We browsed the Festival merchandise a bit and there was a bunch of stuff I wanted to buy, but I didn’t want to carry it around, so we decided to just pick it up on the way out.

After finishing up our shopping trip we headed out for some food! We had discussed where we wanted to start prior to the trip, and decided that the America food booth would be the best since it had food that was safe for my dad. My dad is not a very adventurous eater, he doesn’t really like spices, and the more basic the meal the better for him, so we figured the turkey in America would be a great option for him.

On the way to America, we saw a photopass photographer with no line, so of course stopped for pictures!

We then made our way over to America, and were really shocked at the lines for the food booths we passed. They were massive compared to what we’re used to seeing at Food and Wine! We eventually made it to America and got in line for food. While in line we decided to send dad out to try to find a table, which he luckily did, and being the nice guy he is he let other people sit with him while he waited for us to get through the food line.

The line was crazy long, took about 25 minutes to make it to the register, then another 5ish to get the food. Here we each got the turkey, and I got the beer flight.

Food in hand we made it to the table my dad found, and the timing was perfect since the people he was sharing it with finished up their food just as we arrived!

We all really enjoyed the turkey, and the beer flight was great!

So far a good start to the festival food!

After eating we wanted to pop into the pavilion to see the gingerbread monuments, so headed inside. We were pleasantly surprised to find the Voices of Liberty were performing when we got in! So we ended up watching their set, which was soooooo good! What great timing!

Sorry for the bad picture, not the best view, but we could hear their voices and my goodness they are so good!

Once they finished up and the room cleared out, we went to check out the gingerbread monuments.

I’m so impressed these are gingerbread.

Next up: A Brand New Ride…for Dad!

Last edited:
My dad is not a very adventurous eater, he doesn’t really like spices, and the more basic the meal the better for him, so we figured the turkey in America would be a great option for him.
He sounds like my husband. ;) I can see already that this will be a different trip than the ones that you take with just your mom.
The line was crazy long, took about 25 minutes to make it to the register, then another 5ish to get the food.
That is crazy! But it looks like it was worth it.
We were pleasantly surprised to find the Voices of Liberty were performing when we got in! So we ended up watching their set, which was soooooo good! What great timing!
That was very lucky to catch them. We never could manage to be in the vicinity when they were performing during our trip.

He sounds like my husband. ;) I can see already that this will be a different trip than the ones that you take with just your mom.
Haha, yeah, we spent way too much time planning places he could eat during this trip, fortunately all the planning worked out and he was happy with all the food during the trip!
That is crazy! But it looks like it was worth it.
Yeah, the food booth lines were super long this trip. Even when Epcot didn't seem too crowded, there were almost always long lines for the food, usually 20+ minutes for us.
That was very lucky to catch them. We never could manage to be in the vicinity when they were performing during our trip.
We totally lucked out, it was a great surprise! They are amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter