You Get a Suite! You Get a Suite! Everybody Gets a Suite! December 2023 Trip Report! (Updated 4/26!)

Good grief. :sad2: That seems like a bit much! I’m glad your server was more pleasant than the host.
Haha, right? He was sooooo dramatic! At least we only had to deal with him for a minute.
Yikes! I know the Disney squirrels are aggressive, but that’s the craziest story I’ve heard!
We were surprised how bold this one got! We were watching them wondering how close they would get to us when suddenly I felt something on my foot, I look down and there's this squirrel sitting on my foot looking up at me. Definitely a bit shocking!
I’m glad you had a wonderful lunch at Geyser Point. I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about the place.
Geyser Point is sooooo good. The food is delicious, and we love the atmosphere, it's so relaxing out there!

Geyser Point is such a gem of a spot. I need to get back there soon -- love that burger but am still lamenting the loss of the waffle fries. The squirrel situation would have freaked me out. Birds too. People need to stop feeding them!!!! They're so aggressive. Once a bird swooped down and grabbed food off my tray when walking to a table (it was in EPCOT). :scared:
It really is, I'm so glad we finally checked it out the other year. All thanks to reviews on here too! Dis for the win!

I don't think we ever got the waffle fries there, but now I'm kinda sad we didn't! The regular fries are fine, but nothing to write home about.

Haha, that squirrel was so bold! We had been watching them stalk our table, and wondered how close they would get, never did I expect one would actually touch me! And oh wow, that bird would have scared me half to death! People really do need to stop feeding the animals. (funny enough my dad tried to feed the squirrel until my mom and I yelled at him! :rotfl2: )

Wait - talk to me about this Pina colada. It didn't look like the "normal" frozen kind. I'm intrigued. And also counting the days until I get a Pina Colava from Petals!
Yeah, it was on the rocks, I believe my dad actually wanted a frozen one but they couldn't make one there. It was really good, and a pretty decent size too! What is this Petals??? I've never hear of it before!

We once spoke to a family on the plane into LA. We then saw them 2-3 times a day at Disneyland. We just kept laughing every time we saw each other! I kind of wish we'd exchanged info.
Oh wow, that is wild! It's so weird when things like that happen. You totally should have exchanged info, that would be such an awesome story on how you all became friends!

Could you tell me the approximate cost for the Minnie Van trip? I am thinking that this may be useful when we have to be somewhere early (like breakfast at O'hana before the MK)
Of course, looks like non-peak times (like late morning, mid day) it was between $40-$50, but at peak times for park open/close it was around $60 to MK. Expensive, but we love it, especially for getting to MK since they drop you off right at the front.

It is really good! Apparently it's one of the few sangrias on property that isn't from a premade mix according to our waiter.
That's good to know. I can tell that most of the white Sangrias are from the same mix.

House of Blues has a special red Sangria that is custom made at the restaurant. :)

I have some good news and some bad news. For the bad news, I am soooooo sick right now, yuck. :sad: But the good news is now I'm pretty much stuck crashed on the couch for at least the day, so I have plenty of time to do more TR updates! :cool1:

I'm actually really annoyed, this is the second time in the past month my boss has come in sick on the day that only the two of us are in the office and has come over to complain about how sick he is and how he won't be coming in the rest of the week so he doesn't get others sick. Apparently I don't count. Ugh. :sad2: Each time I've come down with a cold a few days later.

Anyways, keep an eye out for some updates, gotta find something to do with my sick day and TR updates seem like a fantastic option! Yay!

Ugh on being sick but yay for updates! Your boss sounds like such a character. Sometimes he sounds great and then there are times like this. :rolleyes: If you have to call out sick on Monday, I'd definitely connect the dots for him as to how you got sick!!

Ugh on being sick but yay for updates! Your boss sounds like such a character. Sometimes he sounds great and then there are times like this. :rolleyes: If you have to call out sick on Monday, I'd definitely connect the dots for him as to how you got sick!!
Haha, yeah my boss is an odd one. Sometimes he's great, other times he's a total moron. We all think he's just in over his head, and also not the brightest crayon in the box, so he just does these things sometimes. You would think he would have figured it out after me being out sick the other week, but nope, he just can't connect the dots!

Day 4, Part 4: All the Decorations! Part 1!

We last left off finishing up our lunch at Geyser Point.

Once we wrapped up with lunch, we headed into the main lobby of the WL to check out the decorations.

It was all soooooo pretty! I had hoped to pick up something at the little pop-up shop for the holidays, but it didn’t open until like 4, and it was only like 12:30 at that point. Oh well.

After getting tons of pictures, we headed back down to the boat dock. Our plan was to go check out the Contemporary’s decorations next.

I had hoped to take the ferry between the WL and the Contemporary, but it didn’t start running until 3, so we were way too early for that, so hopped on a boat back to the MK, and if you remember from the previous update those guys that were on the boat over to the WL? Well, they were on the boat back to the MK with us as well!

Once back at the MK we made our way over to the walking path over to the Contemporary and made the quick walk over…once again with those random two guys from the boat. Seriously, it was so weird!

Once we made it to the Contemporary, we made our way upstairs to check out the decorations. There was actually a line to get pictures of the gingerbread display here, and it was pretty long too, but moved quickly.

I decided to pick up something at the holiday shop here since this one was open, and there was no line. I ended up getting the frozen hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps in it.

This was soooo good! It was pretty heavy though, so I struggled to finish it. My mom and dad had to help! We ended up finding a bench to relax on while enjoying the drink and people watching. It was a nice relaxing break.

After finishing the drink, we headed over to the monorail to hop over to the Poly.

There was a pretty long line to get on the monorail, so I didn’t think we’d make it on the next one, but somehow we did, although it was a very tight fit! And this is crazy, but we ended up in the same car as those two guys from the boat! Just how? How does this happen?!? :rotfl2:

We weren’t too impressed with the decorations at the Poly, so we only stayed for a few minutes and got a few pictures.

Finally it was time to see the BIG Gingerbread house, we were so excited. So once again we headed off to the monorail. It was packed again, but we were only going one stop so we didn’t mind being squished in. This time we weren’t in the same car as those two guys, but we did run into them again in the GF. So apparently we were either stalking them, or they were stalking us that day! ::yes::

Next up: All the Decorations! Part 2

Last edited:
For lunch we all got the Bison burger, I got mine with fries and mom and dad got veggies with theirs. For drinks my dad got the pina colada, mom got the sangria, and I got the margarita.
Real glasses!! That's so much better than the plastic cups.
The Cascade Sangria is my favorite sangria at WDW. And they give you a good size portion, too. :)
Mine too!
I'm actually really annoyed, this is the second time in the past month my boss has come in sick on the day that only the two of us are in the office and has come over to complain about how sick he is and how he won't be coming in the rest of the week so he doesn't get others sick. Apparently I don't count. Ugh. :sad2: Each time I've come down with a cold a few days later.
Ugh!! He sounds like a special friend!
Once back at the MK we made our way over to the walking path over to the Contemporary and made the quick walk over…once again with those random two guys from the boat. Seriously, it was so weird!
Haha!!
We weren’t too impressed with the decorations at the Poly, so we only stayed for a few minutes and got a few pictures.
Same here! The Poly really doesn't do much for the holidays.
Finally it was time to see the BIG Gingerbread house, we were so excited. So once again we headed off to the monorail. It was packed again, but we were only going one stop so we didn’t mind being squished in. This time we weren’t in the same car as those two guys, but we did run into them again in the GF. So apparently we were either stalking them, or they were stalking us that day! ::yes::
No way!

I had hoped to take the ferry between the WL and the Contemporary, but it didn’t start running until 3, so we were way too early for that, so hopped on a boat back to the MK, and if you remember from the previous update those guys that were on the boat over to the WL? Well, they were on the boat back to the MK with us as well!

You could have taken the Disney Springs bus or the Hollywood Studios bus to the Contemporary from the WL. I think AK bus goes there, too, after noon.
There was a pretty long line to get on the monorail, so I didn’t think we’d make it on the next one, but somehow we did, although it was a very tight fit! And this is crazy, but we ended up in the same car as those two guys from the boat! Just how? How does this happen?!? :rotfl2:
This is super crazy! I guess they had the same idea as you. :)

Real glasses!! That's so much better than the plastic cups.
Oh most definitely!
Mine too!
This was really really good!
Ugh!! He sounds like a special friend!
Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of him!
Same here! The Poly really doesn't do much for the holidays.
I'm surprised it didn't have more decorations, I had high expectations for all the monorail resorts!
It was so weird! I guess we had the same plans as them, but still wild that our timing worked out that we were always at the same place at the same time!

You could have taken the Disney Springs bus or the Hollywood Studios bus to the Contemporary from the WL. I think AK bus goes there, too, after noon.
I didn't even think about the bus! Fortunately the boat ride over to the MK was pretty quick, and relaxing, and it's a short walk from there to the Contemporary.
This is super crazy! I guess they had the same idea as you. :)
Right? It was so weird to keep running into them!

So it turns out that I have covid :sad: I seriously was starting to think I was immune to it since up until now I hadn't gotten it, and had been exposed (like super exposed) a few times, but nope, I guess I was just waiting for the right strain to come around.

The good news is the fever I had yesterday broke, and I'm actually feeling oddly better, like a lot better, today. It's funny, the only reason I took a test this morning is because this wasn't following my usual head cold track, but since I'm feeling better I 100% didn't expect the test to be positive! Typically by day three of feeling sick with my regular head colds my nose is a faucet, but this morning it still hadn't fully moved into my sinuses, it was mostly just a super sore throat with an occasional cough. Fingers crossed yesterday was the worst of it and I keep getting better every day!

So it turns out that I have covid :sad: I seriously was starting to think I was immune to it since up until now I hadn't gotten it, and had been exposed (like super exposed) a few times, but nope, I guess I was just waiting for the right strain to come around.
Oh no!! I'm so sorry! Welcome to the Covid one-timers club. It didn't look like I was ever going to get it, and then when I was sick with an infection at one point, BAM, Covid got me. Hope you feel better soon!

Blech! I was the same way.....never got Covid until last fall even though I was exposed multiple times. Hope you feel better soon.
The good news is the fever I had yesterday broke, and I'm actually feeling oddly better, like a lot better, today. It's funny, the only reason I took a test this morning is because this wasn't following my usual head cold track, but since I'm feeling better I 100% didn't expect the test to be positive! Typically by day three of feeling sick with my regular head colds my nose is a faucet, but this morning it still hadn't fully moved into my sinuses, it was mostly just a super sore throat with an occasional cough. Fingers crossed yesterday was the worst of it and I keep getting better every day!
I highly recommend hot lemon and honey to drink. (juice of 1 lemon and a heaping tablespoon of honey in boiling water). This helped me so much.

Oh no! Glad you’re already feeling better though.
Thank you! Yeah, its weird I'm feeling better already, but after talking to my friend who had it a few weeks ago it sounds like it only lasted for her for four days, so I guess feeling better on day three isn't too crazy. I'm just worried this is a fake feeling better and I'll get worse later! Hopefully I'm just panic thinking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter