Women's College Softball 2024

I felt that coming-Florida's pitcher was at 150 pitches and looked spent.

Agreed! Rothrock has done exceptionally well this season. I think Florida would have been in better shape if Ava Brown's pitching had been a little more consistent with top opponents. It seems like they had to lean on Rothrock a lot more this season than they may have hoped. Still, they're both freshman.

I am going to have to go with Boomer Sooner as much as I hate it until proven differently.

The Home Field advantage they enjoy every year in OKC can be the difference in close games.

I am going to have to go with Boomer Sooner as much as I hate it until proven differently.

The Home Field advantage they enjoy every year in OKC can be the difference in close games.
I recently commented on an OU fan's page about this home field advantage and they were appalled that anyone dare suggest such a thing. I'm like, whatever! Every OU game at the WCWS has thousands and thousands of OU fans and every other fan base is way more limited. They can't pretend like that doesn't make a difference.

Oh, and I hope both teams lose tonight! 🤣

I can’t really fault OU or OSU. The Hall of Fame was built in OKC in the early 70s and the stadium at that site opened in the mid to late 80s. OUs first championship there wasn’t until 2000 and the next was 2013.

Looks like Kelly Maxwell will go AGAIN tonight.

Oklahoma winning the first game puts the odds way in her favor for her to get her NC.

She said the other day she was proud of her decision to leave OSU so I guess since she has no regrets for what she did,all that can be said is more power to her.

Part of me was hoping they'd pitch May. Don't get me wrong. She's incredibly talented, but I think the odds are better for UT with her in the circle. I'm not really rooting for either team, but I'd like to get three games out of this. I'm not ready for it to be over. I guess at least Athletes Unlimited AUX starts on 6/10.

When it does come to an end, I'm really hoping Rawlings clues us in on this black bat OU has been swinging in the post season. It has a Rawlings marking and it seems to be favored by the older players that were swinging the last of the 2019 end loaded Quatro Pros until this season. Those 2019s were all gone this year (likely broken by now) and until regionals, it was all regular Mantras and the Mantra+. There's nothing on the Rawlings website and nobody in any of our circles seems to know. They've been oddly quiet on this (right down to the lack of model markings), which is funny since Louisville Slugger also chose to debut their new bat in the post season and have been far less stealthy.

1717714891555.png

It didn't really effect the outcome but that was the worst base running mistake by Texas I have ever seen.

It was a big of a momentum shift, but yeah... the singular error didn't cost them the game.

Second best DYNASTY in College Sports history surpassed only by the John Wooden UCLA Basketball Dynasty IMO.

I does make me wonder what they'll look like next year. While they should be retaining some of the talent tied to this year's success, they had a senior heavy group of starters. I saw that they have eight players in their 2024 recruiting class, including a LHP that was #2 overall for Extra Innings' Class of 2024. Kiki Milloy's (Tennessee) sister Tia is also committed to OU for the 2024 class. I also saw some catchers in the mix. 2024 recruit Catcher/MIF Riley Zache should be interesting since her sister (P) is also committed to OU for 2025 and is the no 3 overall for her grad class. The other big question is the transfer portal. Obviously, Kelly Maxwell and Jordy Bahl stunned the softball world last year with their transfer announcements. Also, while OU and UT handled this SEC competition really well in tournament play, it'll be interesting to see how they handle it when that's also their conference play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter