Who is the most famous person you have met somewhere in the UK?

My husband and I had a nice chat with Neil Oliver in Portree, Scotland .
We had just finished watching his History of Scotland series. I walked up to him and said my husband made me watch your entire series before we got married. He punched David in the arm and called him a brute. It was funny. He was there filming another show about WW II and how many young men were lost from that island.

King Charles (When he was POW), Princess Anne, Prince Andrew are probably the most famous.
Took me a moment to realize that POW can also stand for Prince of Wales, not just Prisoner of War.

Thought for a moment "when was Prince Charles ever imprisoned...?"

Bruce Forsyth was with his wife in Harrods (about 25 years ago!). I wanted to go over and say hello but we just ended up following them around the store for a while 🤣

My apologies to the OP as this didn't occur in the UK but in Canada.

I met King Charles (then Prince of Wales) and Diana at my university. They arrived on the Royal Yacht Britannia and moored in the harbour. They were not speaking with one another and would not make eye contact with each other. There was definitely a mood about them. Although they tried to be pleasant to their hosts and shook hands with students lining their arrival path and then departed in separate directions for their own separate events.

I'm so very glad I had the chance to be a part of this and didn't just hide in my dorm room that day. It was a moment in history. Given the events to come in later years, it is now a very special memory for me. It's also a reminder for me to get out and experience opportunities as we never know what the future will bring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter