Using Personal Mug at Resort QS for Hot Water

ChipNDale_622

Earning My Ears
We’re staying at the Beach Club soon and I’m wondering about using a personal travel mug for hot water.

I like to bring my own teabags to Disney, and in the past I’ve asked for a cup of hot water at the resort QS and have always been given one at no charge. However, since this is a longer stay, it feels wasteful to use paper cups 2-3 times a day when I could use a reusable mug. I know they’ll let you refill a water bottle at the self serve stations (or at least they’ve never stopped me), has anyone ever tried using a personal travel mug for just hot water?

We’re staying at the Beach Club soon and I’m wondering about using a personal travel mug for hot water.

I like to bring my own teabags to Disney, and in the past I’ve asked for a cup of hot water at the resort QS and have always been given one at no charge. However, since this is a longer stay, it feels wasteful to use paper cups 2-3 times a day when I could use a reusable mug. I know they’ll let you refill a water bottle at the self serve stations (or at least they’ve never stopped me), has anyone ever tried using a personal travel mug for just hot water?
Totally fine.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the coffee/ hot beverage dispenser is chip activated, so your personal mug should work. If they permit it is another question.

I didn't have a problem doing that on our trip a few weeks ago. I always travel with an older resort refillable mug and use it for ice water at the pool and getting hot water to make tea in the room.

Thanks! I'm not the OP, but I was wondering about using an older refillable mug just for ice and water.

Ice and water are fine.

Coffee/Hot Chocolate/Tea are not chipped and are on the "honor system".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter