The Widow, Spinster, Missus and her Boy Toy celebrate new beginnings at WDW - Finding Donald, a Snack and Some AC 4/28

We entered Epcot at 12:20 and the first thing we did was verify our party for the Virtual queue at 1PM. Our next stop was a snack from one of the Flower & Garden kiosks. On our way, we ran into Pluto on his way to a meet and greet. I was wearing my Aristocats shirt, and he did not like it one bit! He went to shake my hand several times only to pull his paw back in a fake-out. Finally he did come back and give me a hug as if to say, “no harm.”

z24WDW0401TR38.jpg

They did a nice job on these gardens, although we really didn’t spend much time checking them out. More just walking through on our way to get places.

z24WDW0401TR39.jpg

z24WDW0401TR40.jpg

z24WDW0401TR41.jpg

z24WDW0401TR42.JPG

z24WDW0401TR43.jpg

z24WDW0401TR44.JPG

Our first stop was the Honey Bee-stro.

z24WDW0401TR45.jpg

z24WDW0401TR46.jpg

Here we got the Chicken and waffles, and a glass of wine. The chicken and waffles were super good! The sauce had a little kick to it, but the whole thing worked great together, and we were super pleased.

z24WDW0401TR47.jpg

We had snagged a spot in the shade on the side of a planter box right in between the Honey Bee-stro and Swirled Showcase.

z24WDW0401TR48.jpg

z24WDW0401TR49.jpg

I went up to get our next concoction, and Jenny and Michael had found us by the time I got back with our next treat. We got a serving of the Honey Mascarpone Nitro Cheesecake from Swirled Showcase. This was so tasty! It wasn't really sweet, but it balanced so well with the cheese, honey, and blueberry elements.

z24WDW0401TR50.jpg

It hit 1PM as we were all hanging out there, and we all tried for the Virtual Queue for Guardians to ride it again. I got Boarding Group number 101. When the estimated ride time showed up on our phone it said that our return time would be 4:35PM. Not the ideal time we were looking for.

After getting a boarding group, it was close enough to our 1:20PM Guardians ILL time so we headed in that direction.

z24WDW0401TR51.jpg

z24WDW0401TR52.jpg

z24WDW0401TR53.jpg

There was a huge line but it cleared out pretty quickly when the CM walked the line saying, “This line is for the Lightning Lane and not the Virtual Queue.” When we entered the show building the entire waiting area was packed. We thought this was normal, but the remaining times we rode this, we found it was usually empty.

z24WDW0401TR54.jpg

z24WDW0401TR55.jpg

z24WDW0401TR56.jpg

We finally got on the ride, and can I just say that it is as amazing as everyone says it is! We got the song September. The ride is really like nothing else that I've ever been on. I can't wait to ride it several more times this week!

z24WDW0401TR57.jpg

It was nearly 2:00 when we got off the ride. The app was still showing 180 minutes until our boarding group would be called. Jenny and Michael were going to get a snack at one of the kiosks and meet up with us later. Jill and I took a few pictures in the area.

z24WDW0401TR58.jpg

z24WDW0401TR59.jpg

z24WDW0401TR60.jpg

Jill and I decided that we would rather enjoy a tasty beverage back at the resort, than wait around three hours in the heat. Plus my legs were getting really tired. This walking around WDW was going to be tougher than I thought! I grabbed these shots as we exited Epcot.

z24WDW0401TR61.jpg

While I didn’t find the movie fabulous, I did love this little guy.

z24WDW0401TR62.jpg

We decided just to take a bus back to the hotel, and when we arrived we still hadn’t gotten the text that the room was ready. We checked out the Territory Lounge, but it didn’t open until 4PM, so we headed over to the Geyser Point Bar and Grill.

z24WDW0401ZCC01.jpg

We sat at the bar, and ordered a couple beverages. I asked the bartender about a daiquiri, and I should have known better when he asked if I wanted a blended strawberry daiquiri, but I went ahead and ordered it. This is what I wanted.

z24WDW0401ZCC02a.jpg

This is what I got. Jill ordered a Blood Orange Cider.

z24WDW0401ZCC02.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC03.jpg

Still no text about the room, so I ordered a glass of wine, figuring that if I ordered that, surely I would get the text about the room, but no. I did check the return time on the VQ for Guardians, and now it was 5:30PM. We paid the check and left.

It turned 4PM, and we went up to the front desk. When we spoke to the Cast Member, her answer was, “Check-in begins at 4PM, your room could be ready as late as 6PM.” And we were like What the?

She went to call her manager or someone and basically came back saying that they had no idea when the room would be ready and we were free to “wander the resort in the meantime.” Well we wandered ourselves over to the Territory Lounge and grabbed a table for four because by this time Jenny had texted us that she and Michael were at the resort and browsing the Mercantile.

They joined us shortly thereafter and we ordered a round of drinks.

z24WDW0401ZCC04.jpg

By this point our return time for the Guardians Coaster had moved to 6PM. We were nearly finished with our drinks when the text finally came in that the room was ready. It was around 5PM when we finally got it. We paid the check and headed out to our cabin.

Last edited:
I get that. I am lucky to have a TON of points!
I would love to buy another contract and hopefully will one day. The only issue with lots of points is lots of dues. Our exchange rate doesn't make that so attractive.
It's so hard for me to pick a favorite, but I think I might be partial to the Beauty and the Beast egg.
It really was a spectacular egg.

We entered Epcot at 12:20 and the first thing we did was verify our party for the Virtual queue at 1PM. Our next stop was a snack from one of the Flower & Garden kiosks. On our way, we ran into Pluto on his way to a meet and greet. I was wearing my Aristocats shirt, and he did not like it one bit! He went to shake my hand several times only to pull his paw back in a fake-out. Finally he did come back and give me a hug as if to say, “no harm.”
The interaction with Pluto was so cute!
Here we got the Chicken and waffles, and a glass of wine. The chicken and waffles were super good! The sauce had a little kick to it, but the whole thing worked great together, and we were super pleased.

z24WDW0401TR47.jpg
This was DELICIOUS! Just the right amount of savory, sweetness, and heat!
I went up to get our next concoction, and Jenny and Michael had found is by the time I got back with our next treat. We got a serving of the Honey Mascarpone Nitro Cheesecake from Swirled Showcase. This was so tasty! It wasn't really sweet, but it balanced so well with the cheese, honey, and blueberry elements.
Omg, this was good! Not sweet at all...very well balanced!
We finally got on the ride, and can I just say that it is as amazing as everyone says it is! We got the song September. The ride is really like nothing else that I've ever been on. I can't wait to ride it several more times this week!

z24WDW0401TR57.jpg
I don't look as weird in this picture! This was soooo much fun! Disney hit it out of the literal park with this ride!
We sat at the bar, and ordered a couple beverages. I asked the bartender about a daiquiri, and I should have known better when he asked if I wanted a blended strawberry daiquiri, but I went ahead and ordered it. This is what I wanted.
Yeah, the bartender was not amazing.
It turned 4PM, and we went up to the front desk. When we spoke to the Cast Member, her answer was, “Check-in begins at 4PM, your room could be ready as late as 6PM.” And we were like What the?

She went to call her manager or someone and basically came back saying that they had no idea when the room would be ready and we were free to “wander the resort in the meantime.”
I'm not allowed to say what I thought of that answer. I was less than pleased.

Jill in CO

And I said, :confused3 because I had no idea of Jill's motivations. Perhaps she wanted to be like him, or perhaps her greatest fear is being stuck somewhere and luggage lost with no clothes to wear.
Ohhhhh…

You Pick Two®​

Select any two of the following:

• Cup of Soup or Mac
  • Half Salad
  • Half Sandwich
Along with a FREE side choice of Chips, an Apple, or a French Baguette.
Salad??? Why is that even on there? :laughing:
Well....what do you want to know, send me a message!
Ok. :)
No, I'm not using a scooter any more.
This I knew. :)
But what I wondered is if the boats allowed scooters now? If you noticed. I’m thinking no they don’t.

On our way, we ran into Pluto on his way to a meet and greet. I was wearing my Aristocats shirt, and he did not like it one bit! He went to shake my hand several times only to pull his paw back in a fake-out.
:laughing:
Here we got the Chicken and waffles
A nice change from the usual chicken and pancakes.

:rolleyes:
The chicken and waffles were super good!
It looks good too!
We got a serving of the Honey Mascarpone Nitro Cheesecake from Swirled Showcase.
I think… I had something nitro… but I think it was a different booth and different dessert. :confused3
When the estimated ride time showed up on our phone it said that our return time would be 4:35PM. Not the ideal time we were looking for.
Not ideal because…?
There was a huge line but it cleared out pretty quickly when the CM walked the line saying, “This line is for the Lightning Lane and not the Virtual Queue.”
:laughing: Whoops!
We finally got on the ride, and can I just say that it is as amazing as everyone says it is!
::yes::
Jill and I decided that we would rather enjoy a tasty beverage back at the resort, than wait around three hours in the heat.
That’s smart. I would’ve stayed and baked. I always seem to either forget that I can do that or am loathe to miss out on park time.
This walking around WDW was going to be tougher than I thought!
WDW ain’t for the weak!
While I didn’t find the movie fabulous, I did love this little guy.
Which movie was this?
I asked the bartender about a daiquiri, and I should have known better when he asked if I wanted a blended strawberry daiquiri
Uh oh… but how was what you got?
When we spoke to the Cast Member, her answer was, “Check-in begins at 4PM, your room could be ready as late as 6PM.” And we were like What the?
What??? No.
Check in begins at 4. If it’s ready before that, it’s a nice surprise. But it better be ready when promised. Not impressed.
Room could be ready as late as six? My refund or discount better be ready by six as well.
We were nearly finished with our drinks when the text finally came in that the room was ready. It was around 5PM when we finally got it.
Not okay

Yeah - we’ve been victims of that 4pm starts check in 💩. Super annoying. Glad it was ready at 5 and not later.

Cocktails sound like a good way to enjoy the time waiting!

Wow mega close!

Awww Love this one! amazing the balance/that they are all staying in place!

This one is just super cute!

Beautiful!

Wowzas hey! so talented this artist!

Adding in an actual clock! Very impressive!

I'm glad we made the stop here, because it was really neat.
I'm glad you did too, I really enjoyed seeing those!

I was wearing my Aristocats shirt, and he did not like it one bit! He went to shake my hand several times only to pull his paw back in a fake-out. Finally he did come back and give me a hug as if to say, “no harm.”
Hehe too funny! I had a moment at first about why he didn't like it, then duhhh cats and dog!

D's fav!

We got a serving of the Honey Mascarpone Nitro Cheesecake from Swirled Showcase. This was so tasty!
I read the menu and thought, I bet they get the cheesecake!

hehe too funny this one!
Aww man! I can't wait to ride it some day!

This is what I got. Jill ordered a Blood Orange Cider.

z24WDW0401ZCC02.jpg
Def a significant difference!
It was around 5PM when we finally got it. We paid the check and headed out to our cabin.
Yikes! That's crazy that the window is so late!

Some of the Easter egg displays were so impressive! I'm glad you shared those pictures. Not sure if I've ever seen them before.

I enjoyed your Flower and Garden pics, too. My husband, Nathan, would agree that Guardians lives up to the hype! He was really impressed with it.

How weird about the check-in time and your room not being ready. I've never heard anyone at Disney say that before. I think we've had times when our room has been ready late before, but with just an apology and a promise to let us know as soon as it was ready, not a claim that check-in is actually from 4-6! Weird. Glad you didn't end up waiting tooooo long.

I would love to buy another contract and hopefully will one day. The only issue with lots of points is lots of dues. Our exchange rate doesn't make that so attractive.
Yeah, I can see that. It's no fun paying dues with American dollars, I can't imagine doing it with Canadian dollars.
It really was a spectacular egg.

:thumbsup2 ::yes::

The interaction with Pluto was so cute!

::yes::

This was DELICIOUS! Just the right amount of savory, sweetness, and heat!
Omg, this was good! Not sweet at all...very well balanced!

You could say we chose wisely with both our F&G booth choices today! :thumbsup2

I don't look as weird in this picture! This was soooo much fun! Disney hit it out of the literal park with this ride!

:laughing: That is one of your better ride pictures! I have no idea where the camera is on that one.

Yeah, the bartender was not amazing.
:sad2:
I'm not allowed to say what I thought of that answer. I was less than pleased.

🤬

Salad??? Why is that even on there? :laughing:
:laughing: Riiiight?????
This I knew. :)
But what I wondered is if the boats allowed scooters now? If you noticed. I’m thinking no they don’t.
Well evidently certain boats can accommodate them, but not most. There were two steps down to get into this boat.
A nice change from the usual chicken and pancakes.

:rolleyes:
:lmao:
I think… I had something nitro… but I think it was a different booth and different dessert. :confused3
It's all the rage right now.....
Not ideal because…?

Well since check-in begins at 4PM, we were hoping that the room would be ready. We weren't staying in a standard room at the All-Star resorts, this was a swanky cabin. We were hoping that at 4PM we would be settling into the room and getting started making our yummy dinner followed by a dip in the hot tub on our patio.

In the original planning stage of this vacation it was supposed to be a lot of relaxing. You can read about how that worked out. :rolleyes1

That’s smart. I would’ve stayed and baked. I always seem to either forget that I can do that or am loathe to miss out on park time.

For us park time needs to be balanced with resort time. Granted we go to the parks more often than you get to, but part of WDW for us in enjoying the resorts. We also stay at the Deluxe resorts, so there is much to enjoy at the resort.

WDW ain’t for the weak!

So I'm figuring out! All those years that I've been riding a scooter have made me weak!

Which movie was this?

Wish. Came out last Fall. I saw it in the theater within the first few weeks of release.

Uh oh… but how was what you got?

It was OK, but I'm spoiled by my usual watering hole.

What??? No.
Check in begins at 4. If it’s ready before that, it’s a nice surprise. But it better be ready when promised. Not impressed.
Room could be ready as late as six? My refund or discount better be ready by six as well.

As Jill said, "When they knock on the door at 11AM, we can tell them 'Checkout BEGINS at 11AM.' " :laughing:

Well evidently certain boats can accommodate them, but not most. There were two steps down to get into this boat.
So… no, then. At least for this one.
For us park time needs to be balanced with resort time.
I need to go more often.
So I'm figuring out! All those years that I've been riding a scooter have made me weak!
But getting stronger!
Wish. Came out last Fall. I saw it in the theater within the first few weeks of release.
Don’t think I’ve seen it.
As Jill said, "When they knock on the door at 11AM, we can tell them 'Checkout BEGINS at 11AM.' " :laughing:
:lmao: Yes!!

Wow mega close!

Yeah, you'll see in the next update!

Awww Love this one! amazing the balance/that they are all staying in place!

I'm guessing that they had some kind of inorganic support in there and like the Rose Parade only the exterior needed to be coated in candy/chocolate.

This one is just super cute!

Yes! Great use of Necco wafers, or similar.

Beautiful!

Wowzas hey! so talented this artist!

Adding in an actual clock! Very impressive!

All of them are so talented!

I'm glad you did too, I really enjoyed seeing those!

I'm glad people liked seeing these. I totally thought they were worth it!

Hehe too funny! I had a moment at first about why he didn't like it, then duhhh cats and dog!

At first he kept crossing his paws across his chest and I didn't get it. Then he finally pointed to my shirt and turned his nose up, so I realized he didn't like the cats. That's when the fake out handshakes started. It was so funny! Jill and I were laughing the whole time!

I read the menu and thought, I bet they get the cheesecake!

And now you see why!

Aww man! I can't wait to ride it some day!

You must! I'm sure you will love it! Everything that everyone says about it is totally true! It's like Space Mountain on steroids. Totally smooth with a completely different storyline and so much fun! It takes 2-3 times on ot to understand what exactly is going on, but it's so FUN!

Def a significant difference!

Yeah, I'm spoiled with my "local watering hole".

Yikes! That's crazy that the window is so late!

Yeah, most of the time at WDW rooms are actually ready early. Not sire why this one was so late. We were counting on getting in there early as you'll read in the next update.

Some of the Easter egg displays were so impressive! I'm glad you shared those pictures. Not sure if I've ever seen them before.

If Jill had not suggested it, I wouldn't have known about it, so I'm glad she did! They were super impressive!

I enjoyed your Flower and Garden pics, too.

Thanks there are more to come!

My husband, Nathan, would agree that Guardians lives up to the hype! He was really impressed with it.

OMG! I think it might replace my favorite RnRC, but that was down for refurbishment so I couldn't compare them on the same trip. Maybe in December I'll figure out if Guardians replaces RnRC.

How weird about the check-in time and your room not being ready. I've never heard anyone at Disney say that before. I think we've had times when our room has been ready late before, but with just an apology and a promise to let us know as soon as it was ready, not a claim that check-in is actually from 4-6! Weird. Glad you didn't end up waiting tooooo long.

Yeah, I've usually had good luck at WDW. At DL I've had plenty of the late check in 💩

So… no, then. At least for this one.
Yeah, and this is the most common one to do the transports.
I need to go more often.
Yes, you do, and need to come to DL so we can do Immersion ride therapy.
But getting stronger!
Yes, but not very quickly. Need to start Private gym training.
Don’t think I’ve seen it.
It was OK. I'm sure it's on Disney+ by now, but not that high on the must see list.
:thumbsup2

Finally at around 5PM we got the text that the Cabin was ready so we headed off to Cabin #8016

z24WDW0401ZCC05.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC06.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC07.jpg

Rustic design in the entryway.

z24WDW0401ZCC09.jpg

The Master Bedroom was off to the left….

z24WDW0401ZCC10.jpg

And again, it was my party!

z24WDW0401ZCC11.jpg

Our bathroom for the next 4 nights….

z24WDW0401ZCC12.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC13.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC14.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC15.jpg

Here’s the second bedroom which was on the right when you enter the cabin. There was a view out to the barbeque and walkway from the window there.

z24WDW0401ZCC16.jpg

Under the television there was one of these little murphy beds.

z24WDW0401ZCC17.jpg

The second bathroom was down this hallway also to the right from the main hallway.

z24WDW0401ZCC18.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC19.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC20.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC21.jpg

The washer and dryer were also on this side of the Cabin.

z24WDW0401ZCC22.jpg

This is the main room of the Cabin. We figured out that it can sleep eight. Two in the Master, three in the second bedroom and three in the Main room. That chair on the left is a sleeper chair, and the sofa probably converts to a sleeper as well.

z24WDW0401ZCC23.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC24.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC25.jpg

We also had this beautiful screened in patio off the Main Room.

z24WDW0401ZCC26.jpg

That door comes from the Master Bedroom, so in case you do have little ones sleeping in the Main room, you can escape to the patio while they sleep, either for a nite cap, or to enjoy the sunrise.

z24WDW0401ZCC27.jpg

We enjoyed this Jacuzzi on several occasions.

z24WDW0401ZCC28.jpg

And just look at the view! It doesn’t suck!

z24WDW0401ZCC29.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC30.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC31.jpg

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

Once we got in the cabin, we called Bell Services to bring everything, took pictures of everything, and started heating the oven for dinner. We were having baked potatoes with dinner, and those potatoes had the longest cooking time of all the components of our meal. Here’s the Bell Services guy with all our luggage!

z24WDW0401ZCC32.jpg

We also lucked out that the grill was right outside of our cabin! That would be convenient for Michael when he grilled the steaks.

z24WDW0401ZCC08.jpg

Then we sprung into action, putting away the groceries that we didn’t need, preparing the groceries we did. Here I am going through my Owner’s locker that I hadn’t seen in two years to discover the treasures contained within.

z24WDW0401ZCC33.JPG

I washed the potatoes, while Michael pricked them with a fork and slathered them in oil and salt before placing them in the oven to bake. We seasoned our steaks, Jenny snapped the ends off of the green beans, and opened the wine. Somewhere just before 7PM while the steaks were resting, I got the notification that our Boarding Group had been called. Ummmm, sorry folks we’re just about to sit down to dinner.

z24WDW0401ZCC34.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC35.jpg

And a fabulous dinner it was. These are the steaks that I had thrown in my suitcase before walking out the door of my house to the airport.

z24WDW0401ZCC36.jpg

Dinner was fabulous! We all ate heartily and when we were finished, everyone let me sit at the table and enjoy my wine while they cleaned up! After that we all changed into our bathing suits and relaxed in the Jacuzzi for a while. Once I started to get to hot, I got out and switched to one of the chairs on the deck, it was around then, that Jenny served us all some chocolate cake. Then we watched the electric water parade.

z24WDW0401ZCC37.jpg

z24WDW0401ZCC38.jpg

We didn’t even make it through two bottles of red!

z24WDW0401ZCC39.jpg

My stats for today.

z24WDW0401ZCC40.jpg

I was asleep by 9:45.

The cabin was spectacular! It was so beautiful, seriously quiet and so convenient to the pools and grill. I could live there if it wasn't in Florida...I kept saying I wanted to bring it back to Colorado! Dinner was amazing! I highly recommend wine in the hot tub! LOL The music for the Electric Water Parade was piped into the cabin too so it was so cool to see it from the hot tub!

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter