The Official Anti-Disney World Day

N10CJT

DIS Veteran
I just want to make a declaration that conditions today make this my official antithesis of Disney World day. This is the one day of the year that I can claim to live in the place that is the exact opposite of Disney World.
Temps in the single digits (and falling), wind chills below zero, snow blowing around, ice from Tuesday' storm all over the place, car doors frozen shut, people getting sick everywhere you look......
And an office without heat. On the day of the year I spend more time in it than any other (and with it, a succession of students complaining about their 20 minutes in the room I've been in for hours). :thumbsup2
And cruel, cruel joke..... an extra day of February to come! Will it never end?!?!?
Oh yeah, and there isn't fun everywhere you look. Well, pretty much year round there isn't a Splash Mountain or Expedition Everest or a giant pool or a monorail here. But worse, most of the things I love to do when I prefer upstate N.Y. to Disney (the summer) would likely threaten my life right about now. It's sort of a deterrent.
I'm thinking of petitioning the government to federalize this holiday like Guinness is for St. Patrick's Day. If accepted, there will be State officials coming by to hit you over the head with a 2 X 4 to punctuate your misery.
Anyone else have days when you're keenly aware of how unlike Disney your present environment is?

I just want to make a declaration that conditions today make this my official antithesis of Disney World day. This is the one day of the year that I can claim to live in the place that is the exact opposite of Disney World.
Temps in the single digits (and falling), wind chills below zero, snow blowing around, ice from Tuesday' storm all over the place, car doors frozen shut, people getting sick everywhere you look......
And an office without heat. On the day of the year I spend more time in it than any other (and with it, a succession of students complaining about their 20 minutes in the room I've been in for hours). :thumbsup2
And cruel, cruel joke..... an extra day of February to come! Will it never end?!?!?
Oh yeah, and there isn't fun everywhere you look. Well, pretty much year round there isn't a Splash Mountain or Expedition Everest or a giant pool or a monorail here. But worse, most of the things I love to do when I prefer upstate N.Y. to Disney (the summer) would likely threaten my life right about now. It's sort of a deterrent.
I'm thinking of petitioning the government to federalize this holiday like Guinness is for St. Patrick's Day. If accepted, there will be State officials coming by to hit you over the head with a 2 X 4 to punctuate your misery.
Anyone else have days when you're keenly aware of how unlike Disney your present environment is?

YES YES YES

Today in my area of MA was around 19 degrees and windy. I am a full time student and there were death threats at my college today. 6 different buildings had death notices and warnings of violence for today written in the bathrooms. I went to school and obviously everything was fine but it was a little scary, just thinking about all that you see on tv....

It doesn't get much un Disney than this

:eek:

Wow that certainly fits the bill. My misery is sort of funny in its anti-Disney nature, yours is pretty serious and scary. Glad things turned out okay.

I feel your pain cold and a couple feet of snow will do that. We had two snow days so no work with kids home all day. I just look at my countdown and say one less day till WDW.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter