The Magician on Crescent Lake. A sister TR 4/28-5/4/24, Update 5/19*

disneyAndi14

DIS Veteran
The Magician on Crescent Lake

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to a new trip report!

My name is Caroline, I love traveling to Walt Disney World and writing about my experiences afterwords!

Here I am, an oldie but a goodie! This is one of my favorite pictures.
IMG_2024-05-12-175108.jpg
I am a RN with dreams of retiring in a few years to pursue more traveling and living part time in Florida! I live in Minnesota with my husband Joe, we have been married for almost 35 years! This year is our 35th wedding anniversary in December. It is crazy how time flies.

Here is a picture of my little family. Jack, Joe, me, and Andi.
IMG_2024-05-12-175047.jpg
We have two wonderful children! Jack is a molecular bio-engineer, smart guy! Joe and I do not quite understand what he does so we call him the research scientist guy!

He works for a German company and tests/measures microns in the air and his company works to improve pollution with sensors?? He is a published writer and also has his name on several patents related to his research! Right now he spends a fair amount of time traveling for work to Germany, France, and Texas. He is also a nerd 🤓 and loves Star Wars! He doesn’t like traveling to Disney much but his girlfriend, Amanda, wants to travel to Disney with us, so fingers crossed 🤞 he maybe joining us one of these days.

Andi is my sweet Disney loving daughter who has traveled with me many, many times and is featured in almost every
TR I have ever written. Her Disney knowledge is extensive!

Andi works from home, for a large law firm, as a Spanish speaking interpreter for clients at the firm.

She is definitely in high demand with her skills. She also can assist Italian and French clients. We are so proud of her! Joe and I did good 😊

This trip was a little different. Andi was not coming and neither was Joe or Jack, of course they weren’t haha 🤣

My two sisters would be joining me on this springtime adventure!

Here is a picture of my siblings. My brother John wouldn’t be coming with. He is a hoot and loves being the only brother!
IMG_2024-05-12-175202.jpg
My younger sister Helen (H) and my older sister Donna (D) would be on this trip.

Our dates 4/28-5/4/24.

D has traveled with me in 2022 and 2023 to Disney. She enjoys the trips and loves that I do all the planning. H has not been to Disney since 2013. She was excited to be back at WDW!

Here we are having fun!
IMG_2024-05-12-175403.jpg
IMG_2024-05-12-175430.jpg
A few trip stats

1. No Rope Dropping on this trip
  2. Hot weather the whole trip and no rain
  3. An unexpected resort change
  4. Wonderful food and drinks
  5. Average steps each day was 22,000, this is almost 10,000 less a day than Andi and I do. Slower paced trip!
  6. We never waited more than 20 minutes for a ride
  7. Genie+ and Fancy rides used almost every single day
  8. A wonderful tour on the Savanna
  9. A mix of crowds, lower at the beginning of the trip, more later in the trip
  10. Another cheerleading competition during our dates!
Stay tuned for our first travel day! Which was 4/27, D and I travel to H’s house.

Join me on a very fun filled adventure with some definite ups and downs!

Pre Travel Day

Today is Saturday 4/27/24. It is pre travel day! D and I needed to drive down to H’s house. She lives close to the Minneapolis/St.Paul (MSP) airport. The plan was to arrive around 4pm and have dinner with Jack, Amanda, H, and H’s husband Kevin. They have one daughter Grace and she was working this day so we didn’t see her until the day we came home. She is a year younger than Andi!

Here is my travel mirror selfie. I have forgot to do this my last couple trips. A silly thing I usually do before each trip
IMG_2024-05-12-175015.jpg
D picked me up around noon and off we went. We stopped about 1/2 way to pick up some homemade caramel rolls for everyone. This little place sells the best bakery. It is called Tobies in Hinckley, MN. It is always packed with people since it is exactly 1/2 way between Duluth and the Twin Cities. D&I got a soda and some nachos to share here before we headed back out! We both decided the nachos were just meh and not near as good as the bakery there!
IMG_2024-05-12-174951.jpg
Here is a picture, thanks to Tobies website of the caramel rolls!
IMG_2024-05-12-175453.jpg
We arrived at H’s around 4pm. Jack and Amanda came over shortly after and we had a wonderful evening. We ordered a couple pizzas from a local place. The pizza was really good and the company was wonderful.

Amanda had just returned from Tokyo, Japan and got me one of my Starbucks mugs which I collect. I loved it.

Here is my mug and a few pictures of Jack and Amanda.
IMG_2024-05-12-174907.jpg
IMG_2024-05-12-175252.jpg
IMG_2024-05-12-175232.jpg
I didn’t take any pictures this evening so these are from different occasions. Here is Andi and Kait on their trip to Punta Cana D.R. for Andi’s graduation.
IMG_2024-05-12-175338.jpg
We had a really nice visit and soon it was time to say our goodbyes to the kids and settle in for an early bedtime with a 4:30am wake-up call.

We were all excited for the upcoming trip and all the things we wanted to do! :banana:

I wanted to get Genie+ soon as I wake up and work on getting a Remy for later afternoon.

Stay tuned for the “official travel day”, a boozy flight, and a phrase we uttered several times,
1715555618193.gif

“This can’t be our room”
1715555679151.gif

I’m excited to hear about your trip!

Thank you for including a full family picture! It’s fun to see your son and husband.

Also, yum for Tobie’s caramel rolls! I grew up in Minnesota and we often stopped at Tobie’s on our way to Duluth to visit my aunt and uncle. Those rolls were delicious!

You have a lovely family. It sounds like Jack and Amanda do a lot of international travel. :)

I can't wait to hear about your trip. The GIF that you posted is a prelude to bad things.

Joining in! What a great start to your trip with some family time and yummy treats! I am eager to hear about your first disastrous room and how it was handled.

I'm in!!! And I can't wait to hear about the trip.

Loved the picture of the caramel rolls. There used to be a place close to the Cities that had GIANT caramel rolls. Like a dinner plate sized. I don't remember the name but I remember going there a few times in high school. Hmmm...

Are you getting any of the smoke from the Canadian wildfires? I forgot to ask my mom when I spoke with her yesterday.

I’m in!
:welcome:
I’m here!!
Can’t wait!
Subbing in, will be back to read!
I’m here :wave2:
Great intro. Always exciting to start a new trip!
:welcome: And :thanks:
Yay! I’m looking forward to hearing about this trip!
Exactly…
Uh oh. This could either be a positive or a negative, but the GIF is making me guess negative….
Not positive unfortunately
Looking forward to the report :)
I’m excited to hear about your trip!
Thank you for including a full family picture! It’s fun to see your son and husband.
I always feel like I should add a picture of us all and never do. It is getting harder to get pictures of all 4 of us, we always forget when we are visiting. I need more!
Also, yum for Tobie’s caramel rolls! I grew up in Minnesota and we often stopped at Tobie’s on our way to Duluth to visit my aunt and uncle. Those rolls were delicious!
I think most people from Minnesota or with a Minnesota connection knows about Tobies caramel rolls yum!
Following
I'm here and ready to follow along!

You have a lovely family. It sounds like Jack and Amanda do a lot of international travel. :)
:thanks: And :welcome: yes Jack and Amanda are world travelers! I’m glad they have the opportunity!
I can't wait to hear about your trip. The GIF that you posted is a prelude to bad things.
It definitely is not a good thing, ugh 😣
Joining in! What a great start to your trip with some family time and yummy treats! I am eager to hear about your first disastrous room and how it was handled.
:welcome:It was nice getting together before our actual travel day and the room thing, ugh 😩
I'm in!!! And I can't wait to hear about the trip.
Loved the picture of the caramel rolls. There used to be a place close to the Cities that had GIANT caramel rolls. Like a dinner plate sized. I don't remember the name but I remember going there a few times in high school. Hmmm...
Maybe it was Tobies, the caramel rolls are gigantic and well known!
Are you getting any of the smoke from the Canadian wildfires? I forgot to ask my mom when I spoke with her yesterday.
Yes it was bad on Sunday, I went for my 3 mile walk and was feeling burning in my throat by the time I got home! Better today!

This is one of my favorite pictures.
I can see why. Very nice shot of you. :)
This year is our 35th wedding anniversary in December
Wonderful!
He works for a German company and tests/measures microns in the air and his company works to improve pollution with sensors?? He is a published writer and also has his name on several patents related to his research!
Impressive!
Andi works from home, for a large law firm, as a Spanish speaking interpreter for clients at the firm.

She is definitely in high demand with her skills. She also can assist Italian and French clients.
Also impressive!
Here we are having fun!
Cute shot. :)
An unexpected resort change
popcorn::
We never waited more than 20 minutes for a ride
:thumbsup2
Another cheerleading competition during our dates!
Uh oh…
Join me on a very fun filled adventure with some definite ups and downs!
Can’t wait!
She lives close to the Minneapolis/St.Paul (MSP) airport.
Convenient. :thumbsup2
This little place sells the best bakery. It is called Tobies in Hinckley, MN.
I’ll need to remember that… although it’s not likely that I’ll get there as I usually come down I94 to MSP.
Here is a picture, thanks to Tobies website of the caramel rolls!
Wowza. I may need to make a detour.
Here is my mug
I like it!
Here is Andi and Kait on their trip to Punta Cana D.R. for Andi’s graduation.
What a nice photo! They look so happy. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter