taking my 80yr old mom...????

joyceharris

" Mommy, God made this place real good,didn't He!"
well we're booked for our third cruise on the "magic" and because we loved it so much the first two times my 80 year old mom has decided to come along. she is so excited that she's about to pop! my ???'s come regarding what to have her to do. when we've been before it's been adults and kids and that i can figure out on my own.
can anyone suggest which excursions would be best and if there was some specific activities that seniors have enjoyed and had fun with? also we're taking my 19 year old neice and a 26 year old neice. can the 19 go into palo with the rest of us and which clubs can she attend?? my sister and brother-in-law are coming too but there's little difference between them and my dd 10 and ds 9. they're as nuts over disney and the mouse as the rest of us.

we're going on the eastern on june 1. anyone else on board at that time?

thanks for any information......joyce:cool: :confused:

joyceharris,
Your 19 year old will be allowed in all of the adult only areas. It is 18 and older. She just won't be able to buy alcoholic drinks.

Hi, Joyce! I stopped by the store last week, but you weren't there. I hope you're doing well.

I can't answer your question about which excursions she would be well-suited for because I don't know about her mobility.

I do know that she'll have plenty of company her age though... although you see lots of kids and kids' parents, there are lots of kids' grandparents on the cruise as well.

Your 19-year-old neice can definitely go to Palo with you. And I believe she's allowed in the nightclubs (she just can't drink... the 21-year restriction on drinking is enforced well onboard).

Sounds like a fun party!

On this Saturday we cruise the Magic and we will have our four kids with us (4-12) and my 72 year old mom. I guess maybe I can give you more answers when we get back. I think if they are healthy enough to go you should go for it, these memories are priceless!!!! We are doing our own casual shopping on the islands and off to Megan's Bay for a short time but my mom is just happy to be able to go. I worry about too much sun for her but she will find shade and we will just go at our own pace with her.

nanc

I took my mom, who is 74, with us last November. She thoroughly enjoyed the Glass Bottom Boat at Nassau. She enjoyed the shopping at Lucaya on Freeport as well. She's pretty healthy, so if mobility is an issue...shopping might not be the best choice.
On the ship, she LOVED the shows....went to see a couple movies, enjoyed the deck parties (although the music was not quite to her liking). The dining rooms were the high point for her and she so enjoyed dressing up and being treated like a queen! The service that was extended to her was fabulous. She's still talking about the trip two month later.....well, gee....guess I am too!!:D :D :D

We were on the 12/8 Magic with the whole family including my 75 y/o mother. It was actually her birthday present and the staff did a wonderful job of helping us celebrate.

She had a great time. On board, she went with my DW and sister to the entire series on cooking (chefs) and loved it. One of her treats was reading on deck 4 in the fabulous lounges. I also agree that the service in the dining areas as well as the lounges was fabulous and being waited on was well appreciated.

Her excursions were limited to extensive shopping in St. Maarten and St. Thomas. I do know that was profitable for the stores as well as Mom. She did want to go on others but shopping just had to be done.:rolleyes:

Anyway, if your Mom is anything like mine, she will have a wonderful trip. Mom is now trying to get us to agree to go again next year. That will be a difficult sale I know.:cool:

Have a great trip and wonderful time with your mother.

:bounce:

Thanks for ya'll's imput re my mom. To clarify and maybe get a few more suggestions my mom is fairly mobile for someone her age. She moves a little slowly but gets where she needs to with little or no assistance. She especially wants to see St. john since she's seen our video and also that " great commercial from the travel channel " on T.V. We're trying to decide if we want to do that island on our own this time but we're concerned with the logistics of manuvering 11 people around on the ferry and taxis and when to leave and so on... makes me nervous but we would love to have more time there with her.
In St Martin, our kids enjoyed the butterfly farm but they kinda' have the been there/done that attitude. I think she's going to go for the shopping but I'd like her to see the both sides of the island and shop both places but not be rushed on either side. Again is this something we need to try and accomplish on our own or do we know of an excursion that would work for her/us?
On board I have a feeling she's going to enjoy the bingo ( she really gets into that game with her friends here in Atlanta),know that she'll love the meals and shows.... anything else you can think of ??

joyce
p.s. Dave I'm sending you a p.m. re mickey's magical cruise guide. ran into difficulty and thought you might have an idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter