Savor the Savanna

Jarthur

Earning My Ears
My wife and I have a trip coming up in June to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and I’m thinking about adding this as the last day event before flying out the next day. We also have the Behind the Seeds tour, a MK AH event, and a few signature ADRs lined up. Anyone here have any experience with STS? Did you find it worthwhile?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: we added it to our trip! Thanks again everyone

Last edited:
My wife and I have a trip coming up in June to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and I’m thinking about adding this as the last day event before flying out the next day. We also have the Behind the Seeds tour, a MK AH event, and a few signature ADRs lined up. Anyone here have any experience with STS? Did you find it worthwhile?

Thanks for the help!
We did it a few years ago. We enjoyed the experience, but just considered it so-so for the price. The tour on the savanna, and the view from the Boma (where you stop for snacks) was quite nice - but a lot was not that much different from doing Kilimanjaro Safari. We thought the food they provided could have been more interesting. It's not something we need to do again. On the other hand, we're glad we did it once. Probably not very helpful for you! For a special trip like you're doing, it could be an interesting thing to do.....

We did it a few years ago. We enjoyed the experience, but just considered it so-so for the price. The tour on the savanna, and the view from the Boma (where you stop for snacks) was quite nice - but a lot was not that much different from doing Kilimanjaro Safari. We thought the food they provided could have been more interesting. It's not something we need to do again. On the other hand, we're glad we did it once. Probably not very helpful for you! For a special trip like you're doing, it could be an interesting thing to do.....
Agree with this 100%. We enjoyed it, and my kid thought it was “bougie”, but it was basically KS with some food. I’m not mad we spent the $, but it’s not something we’d probably do again.

We did it a year or so ago and loved it. We are big AK fans and also love to eat, haha. Much like the regular safari, it's unpredictable how active the animals will be or what you'll see. But you are in a different type of vehicle, and you do get to pull over on the savanna for closer looks and to chat with a keeper. It's a relatively small group so there is ample opportunity to ask questions. When we were out a giraffe stepped into the road just after we passed, and traffic was stopped for a good 5-10 minutes with us being the only truck on the savanna. We thought the snacks and wine selections at the boma were great - favorites as I recall were a curried chicken salad and also a smores dessert. We still had a late dinner that night, but we are big food fans.

We did it a year or so ago and loved it. We are big AK fans and also love to eat, haha. Much like the regular safari, it's unpredictable how active the animals will be or what you'll see. But you are in a different type of vehicle, and you do get to pull over on the savanna for closer looks and to chat with a keeper. It's a relatively small group so there is ample opportunity to ask questions. When we were out a giraffe stepped into the road just after we passed, and traffic was stopped for a good 5-10 minutes with us being the only truck on the savanna. We thought the snacks and wine selections at the boma were great - favorites as I recall were a curried chicken salad and also a smores dessert. We still had a late dinner that night, but we are big food fans.
I’m so glad to see this review!
My sister and I want to do it in September and are a really looking forward to it.
I watched some YouTube videos of it and thought it looked so fun!
But it is quite expensive.

I haven’t done this tour at AK, but I have done the one at BG more than once. You go out in the back of an open air truck. Tour the safari and then pet, feed, and take pictures with the giraffes. Definitely recommend it if they are still doing it.

I haven’t done this tour at AK, but I have done the one at BG more than once. You go out in the back of an open air truck. Tour the safari and then pet, feed, and take pictures with the giraffes. Definitely recommend it if they are still doing it.
That sounds really cool. No touching or feeding the animal on StS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter