My sister actually didn’t mind Beverly at Club Cool :rotfl:
I'm always interested in the people who don't mind or even like it! Does she generally like bitter tasting food?
I think paying for Guardians is worth it. I can’t wait an hour for any ride!
I agree! I do not like lines in general, 30 minutes is usually my limit for any ride.
I went on Figment for only the second time since our first trip back in 2009! It was still the same slightly surreal experience.
Oh wow! I really need to make a point to ride it on our next trip.
I do both VQ and ILL for Guardians so I can ride it as much as possible. :)
That is a smart strategy! I think when the girls are into riding it we'll probably do the same. Right now it's always a balance of how long we want to be away from them to ride the thrill rides. This trip was better since they did more of the roller coasters with us, but they weren't quite ready for Guardians.
I am going to try to remember to bring a scrunchie with me because my face is always covered! It's very smooth but definitely intense. I finally got my last song of the set this trip but I think "One Way or Another" is still a favourite!
That's a good idea to bring a scrunchie! I'll have to remember to pull my hair back too. One Way or Another was a great song for the coaster!
This was SO good! I wish I got it more than once!
Me too! I wished we had more than one Epcot day for the food. I saw a co-worker was at Epcot a couple weeks ago and texted her she had to try the cauliflower - and she did! I've been raving about that one.
It's hard to know. I always have my water bottle with me and have never had an issue. What's the difference between a reusable water bottle and a water cup??
Good question! I guess a reusable water bottle isn't likely to spill if it's dropped like those paper cups with a plastic lid? But I'm still confused why you can take cups with lids on some rides/attractions and not others.
what a fun meet and greet with Anna! And you didn't have to wait too long either! Bummer about the picture boxes - I was kind of hoping Disney had moved away from those, cause I don't remember hearing much about it recently, but then we don't usually do the set meet and greets so maybe that's why. Still though you got some great pictures!
The wait wasn't bad at all! I was hoping they'd move away from them but they've seemed to double down. Every single indoor meet and greet had the boxes this time.
This is a good photo of all of you!
Thank you!
I hate those photoboxes!!! And I hate that you don't know what you will get till you are in there!
I was really hoping they would move away from them. We didn't find a single indoor meet and greet that didn't have a photobox on this trip.

Elsa and More Food & Drink​

Elsa was waiting for us when we wrapped up with Anna. She said, “It’s very chilly over here.” It was harder for me to hear her conversation with the girls. I caught something about Olaf sun tanning. In the video I took of the Elsa meet, I hear Anna more clearly in the background talking to the next family than I can hear Elsa. But she also did a great job of chatting the whole time she was signing the girls’ books.

Elsa1.jpg
Elsa2.jpg
Elsa3.jpg

I pointed out Grammas’ Elsa earrings to Elsa, and we took a full group portrait.

Elsa4.jpg

Then our family of four.

Elsa5.jpg

When we left, there was a Photo Pass photographer in the gift shop area, so the girls took a couple more pictures. It's interesting there was a live photographer here, but not with the Frozen sisters.

Frozen.jpg

It was a little after 5:00pm and we had talked about trying to make it to the 5:30pm Rick Springfield concert. I had a few more snack & drink spots I wanted to stop at along the way, so my parents decided to go ahead of the rest of us to see if they could find seats, and we said we’d catch up to them.

The first item on my list was the Tipsy Ducks in Love drink at Joy of Tea in China. This is a drink with bourbon, black tea, coffee, cream and chocolate ($14.50). It sounded so good, but was just okay for me. The bourbon was really strong even after stirring it. When there was only about ¼ left, it tasted like straight up bourbon. I shared with Pat and his mom.

China4 Bright.jpg

The girls have been on a boba kick lately. There’s a boba tea place near us and they love getting lemonade with boba as a treat. We got them each a hibiscus bubble tea with blueberry boba. Our total here (out of pocket) was $31.95 for three drinks.

China3 Bright.jpg

We had our drinks at 5:11pm and I had one more stop to make (in Germany) before the American pavilion for the concert. Can you believe I had never been to Karamell-Kuche before? We were full at this point and didn’t need sweets right before our dinner reservation, so my plan was to pick up a few treats to take back to our resort for later. I didn’t go in with a plan, though. These were our options:

Germany3 Rope Drop.jpg

This was a total impulse buy. I asked the girls what looked good to them, and we went with the Caramel and Pretzel cookie, Werther’s Original Caramel Butter Bar, and Strawberry Butter Bar. I texted my parents to ask if they wanted anything and they said anything with chocolate and caramel. I got them one of the dark chocolate caramel squares at the bottom of the case.

We forgot all about these treats in general and didn’t end up sampling them until after we got home! They were amazing, of course. But I forgot to give my parents their treat before we left Orlando, so I have it in our freezer to give them next time we see them.

We stopped for a quick picture with the Dwarfs, then moved onto the concert.

Dwarfs8 Rope Drop.jpg

That picture was taken at 5:28pm in Germany. We had just two minutes until the concert was starting!

We had our drinks at 5:11pm and I had one more stop to make (in Germany) before the American pavilion for the concert. Can you believe I had never been to Karamell-Kuche before? We were full at this point and didn’t need sweets right before our dinner reservation, so my plan was to pick up a few treats to take back to our resort for later.
YEAH!!! You made it in! How did you like the Carmel butter bar? That is my favorite. Well, that and the gingerbread carmel woopie is. I dream of both!

Such cute interactions with Anna and Elsa! I love that the CMs are generally so good about carrying on a conversation even when the kids are shy. (We witnessed that a lot ourselves with our DD4!) I'm also not a huge fan of the photo boxes. It is really strange that they'd put a photographer in the gift shop. We didn't notice any when we were there so maybe it's a rarer thing?

I've heard good things about Karamell-Kuche! Will have to make a point to stop there next time.

The CM's who are friends with characters are truly amazing. I love that they can switch up from chatting with kids to dealing with this single 50 something woman who, yes, waits in line to see them and take pictures. I do wish they would put Anna and Elsa back in the original costumes though.

YEAH!!! You made it in! How did you like the Carmel butter bar? That is my favorite. Well, that and the gingerbread carmel woopie is. I dream of both!
I LOVED the caramel butter bar! I can't wait to go back and have that again. We need to get more than one next time!
Such cute interactions with Anna and Elsa! I love that the CMs are generally so good about carrying on a conversation even when the kids are shy. (We witnessed that a lot ourselves with our DD4!)
They are great with shy kids! They definitely made the kids feel comfortable. I was impressed they could multi-task, telling their stories while also signing the books.
I'm also not a huge fan of the photo boxes. It is really strange that they'd put a photographer in the gift shop. We didn't notice any when we were there so maybe it's a rarer thing?
It is interesting, but maybe you're right and the photographer isn't there all the time!
The CM's who are friends with characters are truly amazing. I love that they can switch up from chatting with kids to dealing with this single 50 something woman who, yes, waits in line to see them and take pictures. I do wish they would put Anna and Elsa back in the original costumes though.
They are truly amazing! You have to be talented to think on the spot like that all day and follow any conversation. I would wait to see them as an adult too! I love the character pictures and the interactions can be fun. I also wish they'd give them back their original costumes, especially Elsa.

I ordered the adult Empanadas con Queso. This dish was so good! The adults nibbled on this food and on the girls’ chips.

Your meal looked very good! I’m also glad you liked your margarita. I tried the avocado margarita during our 2015 (we actually sat in La Cava, which was fun) and I enjoyed it as well. I can’t believe how long your dad had to wait!

I never realized there was “indoor seating” until I read about it here and saw it mentioned on vlogs - I’ve only ever known it as the restaurant! I agree it’s nice they use it for both to not waste the space.

This is not a must-do ride for us, but it’s cute and relaxing.

I’m with you on this one. We always do it but it’s never at the top of my “must” list.

Their posted time was 45 minutes at 4:24pm, but TouringPlans was estimating a little under that, and the girls really wanted to meet the Frozen sisters. The line was where you first step inside, we ended up waiting 23 minutes.

Wow, that’s not bad at all! I’m glad you all had fun meeting the Frozen sisters - Anna always seems the most fun.

I was really hoping they would move away from them. We didn't find a single indoor meet and greet that didn't have a photobox on this trip.

That’s disappointing. The live Photopass photographers always used to capture such great shots for us - many of them being overjoyed to be with the characters (me) or tolerating the characters (my sister, who hates meeting characters.:laughing: ).

It seems you are able to tell when the box is snapping pictures, though, as your family pictures turned out so well? Did the photo box also take the candid shots or was that you or your parents? I just want to be prepared as we plan on a few indoor meet and greets, including those sisters! :goodvibes

Can you believe I had never been to Karamell-Kuche before?

I’m so glad you liked it! It took me a few years to visit as well and now I stop in every trip. I love the caramel popcorn but have my eye on the new (?) Caramel Carrot Cake Whoopie Pie this time. The Carrot Cake Cookie at HS was my FAVORITE snack so I feel like I have to try this one to compare.

I tried the avocado margarita during our 2015 (we actually sat in La Cava, which was fun) and I enjoyed it as well. I can’t believe how long your dad had to wait!
It would be fun to sit in La Cava next time! I'd love to try other margaritas there too. I couldn't believe how many people were waiting in the long line for drinks, but I guess you have to get a margarita in Mexico!
Wow, that’s not bad at all! I’m glad you all had fun meeting the Frozen sisters - Anna always seems the most fun.
The wait wasn't bad, especially for the overall crowd level that day. Anna does get to have a lot of fun :)
It seems you are able to tell when the box is snapping pictures, though, as your family pictures turned out so well? Did the photo box also take the candid shots or was that you or your parents? I just want to be prepared as we plan on a few indoor meet and greets, including those sisters! :goodvibes
All of the pictures I've posted so far were the photo box pictures! There are a few characters where we took our own pictures and video too, but we mostly relied on the photo boxes. They snap a picture every 5 seconds, so we knew to hold our poses until it flashed, and sometimes waited for 2 flashes in hopes of getting one with everyone's eyes open.

The girls had 21 candid pictures with Anna before we started the posed pictures, which means she spent a little under 2 minutes chatting with them. We got 17 candid pictures with Elsa. The box can't get just the right moment, but there were quite a few to choose favorites from!

Rick Springfield, Frushi and Topiaries​

We left off in Germany, just two minutes before the Rick Springfield concert was starting. We power walked through Italy to get to the pavilion in the American Adventure and heard the first chords from the concert as we were walking up. My parents were not able to get seats (they got in line but were told they were not going to make the 5:30pm show and would be in line for the 6:45pm show), so they found a spot to stand in the very back.

There were 1-2 rows of people standing ahead of us, but I could see Rick Springfield from where we were standing. Shortly after the concert started, my parents saw a couple of seats and were allowed to go sit. They texted there might be room for us, but then a CM was blocking off the area again, so I replied we’d catch up with them after the show. Pat took turns holding the girls up so they could see.

Rick Springfield2 Portrait.jpg

You can see our view here, very zoomed in. There was a tree blocking part of the stage and I caught glimpses of the stage between the heads in front of us.

Rick Springfield4.jpg

At one point, Springfield struck his guitar with a bouquet of roses and sent petals flying, it was a fun effect!

Rick Springfield3.jpg

The only song I really knew was Jessie’s Girl. The woman standing next to me turned and said she guessed that was going to be the last song he played, and I agreed. Sure enough, it was! He pretended to be done right before getting to that song. Har har har. He put on a good, short show!

He joked that Disney asked him to play 90 minutes and then later explained they meant they wanted him to play 30 minutes three times. He also mentioned a couple of times how he got the VIP treatment and skipped that 3-hour line for Flight of Passage, a benefit of being a rockstar.

The show wrapped up right at 6:00pm. Our dinner reservation was in the UK at 7:10pm. We talked about going to watch the American Adventure show, but it was not playing again until 6:30pm and the CM at the front told us we wouldn’t make our dining reservation if we watched the show, so we skipped it. We sat outside by the fountain and at benches to just relax for a little bit.

Tiana was hanging out in America, which made sense.

Tiana3 Vivid.jpg
Tiana4 Vivid.jpg

We sat for about 30 minutes and then decided to slowly make our way to dinner, checking out the topiaries and gardens along the way.

China9 Vivid.jpg

We really liked the succulents on the dragon.

China10 Vivid.jpg

We stopped for Frushi in Japan. Most of us weren’t hungry, but this was one item the girls were looking forward to trying again. The Frushi was $7.75 so I used snack credit 4 of 32 to purchase it.

Frushi3 Vivid.jpg

We ate it in front of the Japanese garden we had admired that morning. The girls loved this, I thought it was just okay, but I’m not a big fan of whipped cream. So, it just tasted like rice and fruit to me.

My dad is a big fan of the Muppets, so we stopped for a picture with Miss Piggy (and Kermit).

Miss Piggy3 Vivid.jpg

This was an awesome topiary!

Miss Piggy6 Portrait.jpg

It was almost time for dinner!

At one point, Springfield struck his guitar with a bouquet of roses and sent petals flying, it was a fun effect!
How cool!
The only song I really knew was Jessie’s Girl. The woman standing next to me turned and said she guessed that was going to be the last song he played, and I agreed. Sure enough, it was! He pretended to be done right before getting to that song. Har har har. He put on a good, short show!
yea that's the only Rick Springfield song I know too. Glad he played it!!

Love all the topiary pics!!

Rick Springfield!!! I listen to his Sirius XM show every week. Wow, I had such a crush on him all those years ago. I would have loved to see him in concert!
That's too funny, he put on a good show!
yea that's the only Rick Springfield song I know too. Glad he played it!!
Me too! I figured he had to, I was glad we caught his concert and especially that song.

Rose & Crown​

We made it to the UK at 6:55pm, 15 minutes before our reservation. I took this picture just to show what the crowd looked like at this time on a Sunday evening.

Crowd.jpg

I was not able to book a reservation for 7 people at any time for Rose & Crown (nor did I see one available any other day I looked). I had booked two separate reservations, 4 on my account and 3 on my mom’s, but we figured if we checked in early, they might be able to at least sit us near each other. They told us they couldn’t make any promises but would try.

There was a pin trading station at the host stand, so both girls traded pins while we waited. I should have taken a picture, but one of the girls went for the mystery pin (which was a pin put on the board backwards). I forget what they got but I think it was a bear of some sort and they were happy with the trade. The CM took the pin we traded and made it the new mystery pin, declaring it was a cute one.

We checked in at 7:00pm and I received a text 2 minutes later that our table was ready. They were able to seat us together at one table, which was great news.

Thanks to dining plan math, I had determined that I was the only one who would use a TS dining credit here. My cheapest meal was going to be at Skipper’s Canteen, so I planned to pay that one out of pocket. Pat and the girls’ cheapest meals were going to be at Rose & Crown, so we planned to pay for their meals out of pocket this evening.

Pat ordered a Guinness.

Rose and Crown2.jpg

Guinness was better than I remembered! We went to the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin when we were in college, and I was not able to drink it at that time. I ordered the Snake Bite which was half cider and half Harp lager. I apparently forgot to take a picture, but I really liked the combination and would order it again. It was just the right level of sweetness.

The main reason I wanted to eat here was to try the Savory Impossible Hot Pot (seasoned vegetables in a plant-based meat casserole baked with a mashed potato topping, $25). There were no vegetarian options on the children’s menu, but I had read that Rose & Crown could accommodate vegetarian children. Our server initially offered the vegan fish and chips as the only option. I asked if those would taste fishy, knowing my kids would not like that, and she said it would. I think she could sense my hesitation, so she said she would go ask about other options. She came back and let us know they could also do a kids-size portion of the Impossible Hot Pot, so that’s what I ordered for the girls. It came with chips on the side.

Rose and Crown4.jpg

DD7 said she liked the fries and the mashed potatoes on top, but she did not like the “meat” underneath the potatoes. DD9 did not care for the hot pot at all. She sometimes likes mashed potatoes, but was not a fan of these, nor the impossible meat underneath. She loved the fries though; fries are her favorite food!

I got a larger portion of the hot pot.

Rose and Crown7.jpg

It was delicious! It was one of my favorite meals of our trip. The mashed potatoes were buttery and excellent (I don’t always like mashed potatoes), and the Impossible “meat” was really good. It was sweet and spicy at the same time, it had a kick without being too spicy. There was a strong umami flavor. Pat thought there might be curry spices in the Impossible “meat”. We asked our server what they flavored it with but never got an answer. This was the inside:

Rose and Crown15.jpg

Pat and my mom both ordered the bangers and mash (traditional English sausage with Colcannon potatoes, mushroom, onion and red wine demi, $25).

Rose and Crown8.jpg

They were both really happy with that dish. My mom said they were surprisingly good, and both said they would go back again for it.

My dad ordered the fish and chips (“Rose & Crown’s Signature Dish” beer-battered and served with tartar sauce, $28).

Rose and Crown9.jpg

He said it was just okay, that they were pretty good, but he would only go back to this restaurant if others wanted to.

My MIL ordered the Coronation Salad (crisp salad with Madras dressing on top of a crunch grain cracker, $13). We weren’t sure what Madras dressing was but thought it might be a little spicy, so she ordered it with Ranch, I think. I didn’t get a picture of the salad, but Pat and his mom said it was just a normal salad. I think others shared some of their meals with my MIL too, I know she tried the Impossible hot pot and liked that.

Since I wasn’t sure if the kids were going to like the hot pot, I only ordered one kids meal for them to share. The kids meal came with the plant-based vanilla gelato and mixed berries. Our server kindly offered to bring a second gelato free of charge so that both of the girls could have their own dessert. That was very kind of her!

Rose and Crown10.jpg
Rose and Crown12.jpg

They liked it! And offered to share some with the adults.

Since I was on the dining plan, I also got dessert with my meal. I ordered the Sticky Toffee Pudding (steamed pudding ‘cake’ served with warm vanilla custard and hot butter-rum sauce, $9.50).

Rose and Crown14.jpg

I thought this was just okay, not my favorite. I liked the sauce that was on it, we thought it tasted a little like butterscotch pudding, maybe with the vanilla custard. I shared this with the other adults (and kids) too.

Overall, we had a great meal with fabulous service. Our server was excellent, she checked on us frequently and would give us a heads up when she was going to be gone a little longer because she was also assigned tables outside on the patio. She was nice to bring the extra dessert for the girls and offered to get us drinks to go before we left. When it was nearly 8:30pm, I mentioned to her that we were hoping to grab the check so we could find a good spot for the fireworks, and asked if she had any recommendations for where to watch them near the restaurant. She told us to hang tight and she could take us out to a spot on the patio!

The ambiance was fun in this restaurant. We were sat close to the bar, so I was people watching a bit, and the bar remained full and lively while we were there. A lot of guests seemed to be having fun with the bartenders. I would go back to the pub for sure!

I don’t have the total bill for our full party, but my table service credit included the Savory Hot Pot, Snake Bite pint, and the sticky toffee pudding. This came to $48.72 with tax for our 1st of 16 table service credits.

We ended the day having used our refillable mugs, 4 of 32 snack credits, 4 of 16 QS for kids, 3 of 16 QS for adults and 1 of 16 TS for adults for a total of $264.73 value on the meal plan so far. I’ll continue to track this to share the value vs. what we paid for the meal plan ($1,746 since the kids’ meal plans were half off).

Up next... Luminous!

We checked in at 7:00pm and I received a text 2 minutes later that our table was ready. They were able to seat us together at one table, which was great news.
Yay!
Thanks to dining plan math, I had determined that I was the only one who would use a TS dining credit here. My cheapest meal was going to be at Skipper’s Canteen, so I planned to pay that one out of pocket. Pat and the girls’ cheapest meals were going to be at Rose & Crown, so we planned to pay for their meals out of pocket this evening.
So curious to see how the dining plan works out for you guys. I'm always on the fence about it.
It was delicious! It was one of my favorite meals of our trip. The mashed potatoes were buttery and excellent (I don’t always like mashed potatoes), and the Impossible “meat” was really good. It was sweet and spicy at the same time, it had a kick without being too spicy. There was a strong umami flavor. Pat thought there might be curry spices in the Impossible “meat”. We asked our server what they flavored it with but never got an answer. This was the inside:
yay! I'm glad you enjoyed it - i've never been to Rose and Crown because I don't like seafood, but it's so cute maybe we'll have to try it. This sounds delicious (and I love mashed potatoes :) )
Since I wasn’t sure if the kids were going to like the hot pot, I only ordered one kids meal for them to share. The kids meal came with the plant-based vanilla gelato and mixed berries. Our server kindly offered to bring a second gelato free of charge so that both of the girls could have their own dessert. That was very kind of her!
oh how nice! and smart to just get one meal for them to share. Seems to have worked out great!
We ended the day having used our refillable mugs, 4 of 32 snack credits, 4 of 16 QS for kids, 3 of 16 QS for adults and 1 of 16 TS for adults for a total of $264.73 value on the meal plan so far. I’ll continue to track this to share the value vs. what we paid for the meal plan ($1,746 since the kids’ meal plans were half off).
Ooh super interested in this - so far seems so good!

I’m glad you got to catch the concert (even with standing) and try the frushi.

Also, I’m glad you enjoyed the Rose and Crown! I’ve been there twice and enjoyed it both times. It’s too bad your girls didn’t love their food and you were so-so on the sticky toffee pudding - although since you describe it as tasting like “butterscotch” that explains why I love it!

Can’t wait to see what the waitress has in mind for you for the nighttime show!

Trying to get caught back up. You posted lots of updates while I was gone. You also had a very full day in Epcot with lots of good food and drinks. I'm getting very hungry now.

So curious to see how the dining plan works out for you guys. I'm always on the fence about it.
We made it work to our advantage! But we ended up ordering a lot more food and drinks than we normally would to make it worth it.
yay! I'm glad you enjoyed it - i've never been to Rose and Crown because I don't like seafood, but it's so cute maybe we'll have to try it. This sounds delicious (and I love mashed potatoes :) )
I didn't like seafood even before becoming a vegetarian. They had a few other options, though! I wish I could have the mashed potatoes on the hot pot every day, they were so good.
Ooh super interested in this - so far seems so good!
I will track our spending against the plan as I go! We were off to a good start.
Also, I’m glad you enjoyed the Rose and Crown! I’ve been there twice and enjoyed it both times. It’s too bad your girls didn’t love their food and you were so-so on the sticky toffee pudding - although since you describe it as tasting like “butterscotch” that explains why I love it!
I would go back! It's weird because I like butterscotch and I liked that flavor, but there were other flavors mixed in that I wasn't as crazy about. But it was nice I could share with everone else!
Can’t wait to see what the waitress has in mind for you for the nighttime show!
She really came through for us!
Trying to get caught back up. You posted lots of updates while I was gone. You also had a very full day in Epcot with lots of good food and drinks. I'm getting very hungry now.
Welcome back! I can't believe I'm still just posting our first park day, but I have so many pictures to share! I get hungry looking at all the yummy food too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter